Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 704792 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1365 on: August 19, 2015, 04:22:26 PM »
Thank you, team.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1366 on: August 21, 2015, 11:17:45 AM »
Darn it, I lost my immortal dynasty sheet :| I did nothing wrong with the game now, but I lost my documentation.. so stupid! I guess it has something to do with upgrading to windows 10. Although I was pretty sure I had it backed-up somewhere.
Are there coming different kinds of dynasty challenges soon? That would be awesome :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1367 on: August 21, 2015, 01:21:49 PM »
Darn it, I lost my immortal dynasty sheet :| I did nothing wrong with the game now, but I lost my documentation.. so stupid! I guess it has something to do with upgrading to windows 10. Although I was pretty sure I had it backed-up somewhere.
Are there coming different kinds of dynasty challenges soon? That would be awesome :)

Absolutely. The 2nd Sims 4 Dynasty will be unveiled in the fall.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1368 on: August 21, 2015, 01:51:45 PM »

Absolutely. The 2nd Sims 4 Dynasty will be unveiled in the fall.

Cool! Looking foward to it!

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #1369 on: August 22, 2015, 12:42:03 PM »
Thank GOODNESS. You had just the Immortal Dynasty for a full year now. I don't mind it, but I really enjoyed the other Dynasties in The Sims 3 and really missed that in The Sims 4. I know a Life States Dynasty isn't happening - EA didn't even put a new life state in with Get Together, ugh! - but I know that there are plenty of ideas. ;)
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1370 on: August 22, 2015, 02:07:46 PM »
Thank GOODNESS. You had just the Immortal Dynasty for a full year now....

But, what's kind of amazing is that in that length of time only Lena has made it into the Hall of Fame.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #1371 on: August 22, 2015, 02:33:26 PM »
I'm workin on it!  It just gets hella boring after 5 generations or so.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #1372 on: August 22, 2015, 02:41:36 PM »
Yes come guys, join me, I do not wanna be alone anymore. :D

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #1373 on: August 22, 2015, 03:19:59 PM »
I'm getting there. I'm getting there!! Lol but we had to move!! Colt is stubborn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1374 on: August 22, 2015, 07:33:44 PM »

Exactly.  I just can't push through my ID, bored senseless.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1375 on: August 22, 2015, 10:25:19 PM »
I've been cleaning my house rather than playing my dynasty... I have to bribe myself to play it.... it's so boring in the last gens. Far out... I'm even cleaning my oven today rather than playing!!!

Makes me think @LenaLJ  that your 'speed' approach with no story wasn't such a bad idea!  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1376 on: August 23, 2015, 08:32:16 AM »
I think boredom can be a problem with any generational challenge. By the time you get to the 4th or 5th generation, you've done all the aspirations, jobs, and skills that you really wanted to do; the rest just seem like work. So, pace yourselves, take a break, play something else -- *cough* the Teeny challenge is still live *cough*.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #1377 on: August 23, 2015, 11:30:31 PM »
I'm the same.. I'm only at gen 3 and I click on the file to load, play for about 10 mins and then think.. Oh! I've got a great idea for a challenge.. and off I go to open another new file!  :-\

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #1378 on: August 24, 2015, 10:15:14 AM »

I feel your pain. I find Sims 4, to be honest, very boring. I am trying to do a Wonder Child challenge but I don't find the motivation to boot up Sims 4 and play the family for hours on end. My Wonder Child has aged up to child and is working on his aspirations, but... it's VERY hard to avoid tempting and quit and start something else. I tried the Immortal Dynasty for both Sims 3 and Sims 4 and find that getting past Generation 2 is insanely hard considering that I have to use the same computer for Maplestory(don't kill me, pls) and that's more interesting. I fear I may have to just uninstall my Origin client and never reinstall it.

No offense - I don't care about playing Sims, but I DO love reading stories other people made because they have the motivation. Also, to be fair, I have elite autism so it's VERY hard to keep focused on one thing at a time. I have several PS3 games screaming for attention. So I salute you who soldier on and complete the challenges, especially without cheating up motives! I hate micromanagement of needs - I already have to go work out at the gym, take a shower every day, eat healthy food, sleep for six hours  and use the toilet in real life, having virtual avatars do it gets too annoying for me. I apologize if I offended anyone.

EDIT: Also, I will not be able to play the same file today - I go to my parent's house to house sit and take care of four unruly mutts while my parents and little sis go to Colorado for a five day vacay. That's another problem with Sims games, you have to bring your computer wherever you go to play it. MMOs and console games don't have that problem - MMOs can be accessed from any computer and video game consoles are easy to transport.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Traceyjane

• Nooboo
« Reply #1379 on: August 24, 2015, 10:32:33 AM »
Right, I'm really late to this party, but am really keen and excited to start!  I have browsed through some of the replies, but can't find the answer to my first question :

How do I choose my spouse?  I've just done a black widow challenge which had rules about marrying singles etc. So, who am I allowed to reproduce with?  Can I create a handsome stud and move him in, with all his $$$$?

Many thanks for any help.

Tracey

anything