Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 705831 times)

Offline Traceyjane

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1410 on: September 03, 2015, 12:57:21 PM »
Perfect thank you @Roxanne07  I need to work out the best rewards to keep as "free for all" then.  I am thinking never weary is a good one.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #1411 on: September 03, 2015, 01:48:20 PM »
True. :) Off the top of my head, all of the needs-related ones, Entrepreneurial, Mentor, and Savant seem to be pretty good choices.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1412 on: September 03, 2015, 02:57:20 PM »
Steel Bladder!  I hate going to the restroom every few sim hours.

Offline Traceyjane

• Nooboo
« Reply #1413 on: September 03, 2015, 02:59:23 PM »
And don't they take ages about it,  I counted 23 sim minutes for one restroom trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1414 on: September 03, 2015, 04:39:47 PM »
 :D I know!  And if you count the washing hand time, its way more than 23 sim minutes.  I absolutely detest sink, so I remove all sinks in my dynasty house.

Offline Traceyjane

• Nooboo
« Reply #1415 on: September 03, 2015, 04:53:38 PM »
Me too! Disgusting but saves so much time. The idiots leave the dishes everywhere though. Even the neat guy collects all the dishes then puts them on his dresser instead of in the dishwasher. Make a fortune from the nano trash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #1416 on: September 03, 2015, 06:09:28 PM »
My Wonder Child constantly washes his hands if I don't stop him. It's annoying.

I cannot wait to see what new Dynasties will crawl out of the woodwork come October. :)
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1417 on: September 04, 2015, 06:49:37 PM »
 My dynasty sims are at Granite Falls and a townie sim I don't control is on holiday with us... he burns to death and now Grim is stuck... just standing there and not reaping. I have played two whole sim days with everyone constantly witnessing the death... I can't travel home, I can't save or save as. Do I have permission to quit without saving and then just reload my game and play from the last save?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1418 on: September 04, 2015, 07:23:31 PM »
Sure, that's fine, Playalot.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1419 on: September 04, 2015, 07:26:40 PM »
Thanks  :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1420 on: September 07, 2015, 01:12:16 AM »
So... I don't seem to have a 'working' Grim in my game. The Grim Reaper that has been reaping my sims was moved into a house and since then anytime a sim dies Grim just stands there and does nothing.
I've saved my dynasty into another file and tried evicting Grim to see if that would fix the problem... and I've tried waiting to see if another 'working' Grim would be spawned by the game. So far I just can't get a sim reaped. In house townies are dying like normal... they just disappear from the household picture and turn up as ghosts in my sims relationship panels.
It's not a problem as I'm on gen 8 now so I don't have anymore spouses in the house that will need to be reaped but the problem arises if one of my sims is on the same lot as a dying sim (eg park etc) the only way out of the glitch is to save without quitting and go back to the last save. (In which case I'll post here for specific permission.)

So it's a really strange glitch and I can't find anything much about it on the web anywhere. I'm hoping it's just a freak bug that I've got and no one else will get as if it happens earlier in your game I think it would basically have to be a restart. Or a return to an earlier save where Grim hasn't yet been placed into a house.

As usual... I haven't got a save far back enough. Grim must have been placed into a house a few days ago and I didn't realize.  ::)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #1421 on: September 07, 2015, 02:18:16 AM »
So... I don't seem to have a 'working' Grim in my game. The Grim Reaper that has been reaping my sims was moved into a house and since then anytime a sim dies Grim just stands there and does nothing.
I've saved my dynasty into another file and tried evicting Grim to see if that would fix the problem... and I've tried waiting to see if another 'working' Grim would be spawned by the game. So far I just can't get a sim reaped. In house townies are dying like normal... they just disappear from the household picture and turn up as ghosts in my sims relationship panels.
It's not a problem as I'm on gen 8 now so I don't have anymore spouses in the house that will need to be reaped but the problem arises if one of my sims is on the same lot as a dying sim (eg park etc) the only way out of the glitch is to save without quitting and go back to the last save. (In which case I'll post here for specific permission.)

So it's a really strange glitch and I can't find anything much about it on the web anywhere. I'm hoping it's just a freak bug that I've got and no one else will get as if it happens earlier in your game I think it would basically have to be a restart. Or a return to an earlier save where Grim hasn't yet been placed into a house.

As usual... I haven't got a save far back enough. Grim must have been placed into a house a few days ago and I didn't realize.  ::)

I know you like your grim :)
But to get rid of the bug, what about trying to evict him from the house and delete him from the families?
Then you might have a new grim comming for you.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1422 on: September 07, 2015, 02:41:10 AM »
@LenaLJ , yep I tried that in my dynasty 'test file', evicting didn't change anything as sims still just lay dead forever lol. And *facepalm* I totally didn't think to delete him! Everything I read online was about resetting etc... lol. I'll go back and delete him and then kill of an elder (in my test file of course) and see what happens! And you're right... I don't want to do that in my actual dynasty file but at this point I'm beyond caring about losing that particular Grim. I just want to make it to the end!!!

*edited: Deleting Grim after evicting him didn't make another Grim Reaper spawn. I guess the save got corrupted somehow. So at least I can play as long as I'm not active on any lot where someone is dying. Far out, what a totally annoying glitch.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #1423 on: September 07, 2015, 02:36:23 PM »
I know I sound a bit crass, but if I were you, I'd just call that file a failure and start over after a factory reboot. That sort of bug can haunt your game if you tried a fresh start from the same game. However, I know you want to get to the end so I pray for your good luck.

That bug scares me though - Grim being stuck is a terrifying experience since you can't save your game while Grim's on the lot.  :-\
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1424 on: September 07, 2015, 02:48:01 PM »
@EtnaFan666 seeing as my 8th heir is now a teen I will just be continuing the best I can. Once my dynasty is done I will be doing a major clean out and tidy up for sure  ;)

*edited: actually, the moral of the story is to make back ups regularly. Which I don't, I'm shockingly bad at doing this so I have no-one to blame apart from myself! If you make regular back ups then when strange errors do occur it is no big deal. It's only because my last back up is over a month old that I'm having to scramble to find a solution.  :)

I've had the bug where Grim gets stuck before all you need to do is quit without saving (with teams permission) and then clear out your cache files and restart your game. Sure you lose a little play but everything goes like clockwork after that. I think my corruption occurred when Grim was place into a household... for some reason no new *out of world* Grim was made. In all my hours of playing (and that is a lot...) I've never had Grim placed in a household before. I know other people have but I'm sure that it isn't really supposed to happen. So you don't really need to worry about Grim getting stuck EtnaFan666, it usually is no big of a deal.

anything