Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 706049 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1050 on: May 07, 2015, 02:29:14 AM »
If your heir dies and your Sim and spouse are young enough to have another, can they have another heir or is it game over?  If they have and heir and a spare, can the spare become the heir in case of death?

If I remember correctly, I believe that is game over.  Others can confirm, just in case I'm wrong.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1051 on: May 07, 2015, 02:41:39 AM »
We need to test the strawberry / pop music -- is it 100%, or close to 100% to getting a girl?

I wanted a son so, each day of the pregnancy, I had the sim eat 3 carrots and listen to alternative music. 
However, a girl was born.  The strawberries/pop and carrots/alternative method is not 100% accurate.

Edit: As I explain in a later post, the carrots/alternative music didn't work for me because the pregnant sim was an alien.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1052 on: May 07, 2015, 03:22:02 AM »
I wanted a son so, each day of the pregnancy, I had the sim eat 3 carrots and listen to alternative music. 
However, a girl was born.  The strawberries/pop and carrots/alternative method is not 100% accurate.

I don't know what the numbers are for Sims 4, but in Sims 3, you had to eat about 10 of the certain item to get a reliable result.  So not sure 3 would be enough.  And I know it took a LOT of watching kids TV/listening to Kids' music to get multiples.  So maybe just try to up the number?

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #1053 on: May 07, 2015, 03:26:31 AM »
I don't know what the numbers are for Sims 4, but in Sims 3, you had to eat about 10 of the certain item to get a reliable result.  So not sure 3 would be enough.  And I know it took a LOT of watching kids TV/listening to Kids' music to get multiples.  So maybe just try to up the number?
Oshizu wrote each day of the pregnancy though, so this would be nine total carrots.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1054 on: May 07, 2015, 04:18:33 AM »
Am I allowed to place focused drawings in the hospital (or the police station) if I have an heir doing this active career? Or does that break the 'no editing any other lot...' rule? I'm hoping it's allowed as all you have to do to place the focused drawings is drag them from your sims inventory. No using build mode etc has to happen.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1055 on: May 07, 2015, 08:20:58 AM »
Both of those only require that there be that many evolved plants. They will happily auto-complete for you upon unlocking the relevant tier if they are already present.

That is true, but many of the aspirations auto complete prematurely or incorrectly completes itself.  Even if the game completes it for you, keep track of your heir and make sure they are putting in the work/effort for that aspiration. 

When the sentence reads evolve 10 different excellent plant, I will make sure to evolve 10 separate plants that are of excellent quality or higher, even if the game auto completes it ahead of time for me.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1056 on: May 07, 2015, 08:23:03 AM »
If your heir dies and your Sim and spouse are young enough to have another, can they have another heir or is it game over?  If they have and heir and a spare, can the spare become the heir in case of death?

If heir dies, it is game over.  The spare can never take the place of the original heir.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1057 on: May 07, 2015, 08:26:26 AM »
Am I allowed to place focused drawings in the hospital (or the police station) if I have an heir doing this active career? Or does that break the 'no editing any other lot...' rule? I'm hoping it's allowed as all you have to do to place the focused drawings is drag them from your sims inventory. No using build mode etc has to happen.

This is allowed.  You can decorate the place using anything you can put in your personal inventory, drag and put it on the wall.  We are only banning going into F2 or F3 mode to edit the lots.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1058 on: May 07, 2015, 08:29:07 AM »

How many carrots did you eat exactly throughout the pregnancy? 

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1059 on: May 07, 2015, 04:15:10 PM »
How many carrots did you eat exactly throughout the pregnancy?

I just got back from work.  And have had all day to reconsider my hasty post of last night.
I'm embarrassed to confess that the pregnancy in question involved an alien, so I was wrong to say that the carrots/pop & strawb/alternative method wouldn't consistently work for sims.
All my result shows is that eating apples doesn't affect aliens.  (I even made a copy of my file last night and redid it with exactly 10 carrots.)
Sorry for the misleading post!   :-[

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1060 on: May 07, 2015, 04:17:36 PM »
@oshizu Oh, wow. Now I feel bad for overfeeding my pregnant Sims, lol.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1061 on: May 07, 2015, 04:25:19 PM »
@Nettlejuice
*cringes in shame...

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1062 on: May 07, 2015, 06:57:20 PM »
So does anyone know exactly how many carrots/strawberries the pregnant sim needs to eat to have a good chance of the gender outcome you want?

@oshizu , you're not the first to post in haste lol... I'm guilty of that on more than one occasion!  ;)

* Edited.

Once an heir has maxed their career can they quit it? Or do they still have to be actively in that career when they eat ambrosia for the first time?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1063 on: May 08, 2015, 10:30:17 PM »
Once an heir has maxed their career can they quit it? Or do they still have to be actively in that career when they eat ambrosia for the first time?

Yes, you can quit it or retire.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1064 on: May 09, 2015, 03:13:57 PM »
I've been feeding Sim A with ten strawberries per day and Sim B ten carrots - the last few hours before birth they had garden salad before I could stop them. Nevertheless I got the results I wanted. Didn't listen to any music though.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast