Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708102 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1230 on: June 07, 2015, 03:57:10 PM »
The kitchen Sink broke recently the option came up to replace and I seriously thought oh no I couldn't do that to Hebe she would be so upset.

Rachel

Oh my goodness... I laughed a bit too hard at this XD I love that Hebe has befriended the sink.  I think it would only be appropriate for Hebe to have all "inanimate objects" as her friends requirement lol

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1231 on: June 07, 2015, 11:01:31 PM »
Oh em gee!!!  Too funny for words.  Only Hebe could do this.  I am SO glad you are doing a dynasty story.

Meanwhile, my wedding woes continue.  Oh, nothing really tragic.  Had the best gold medal wedding ever.  And then, just as my mouse went to save, the electricity in the whole house went out!!!  Too bad, we NEED that AC on.  Guess it's a do over.  And I was being so good about saving.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1232 on: June 08, 2015, 05:00:18 AM »
I'm trying to complete my founder's party requirements and I have a question about hosts.  If I use two hosts will both get credit for a gold medal?  Not sure if this is posted in the right thread, so apologies if so.

Do you mean two heirs as hosts or one heir and another household member/spare? I know the rules say the intended immortal has to host, but can a spare/other household member be a host to help out?

@ratchie That is hilarious, I do wonder if her relationship with the sink would change if it was replaced.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1233 on: June 08, 2015, 05:49:41 AM »
My feeling is that each heir should throw their own parties in order to complete their requirements. But you should wait to hear from the rest of the team as well.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1234 on: June 08, 2015, 07:00:36 AM »
My feeling is that each heir should throw their own parties in order to complete their requirements.

Agreed. And it just follows suit with the general understanding we have laid out that heirs have to do their own work.

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1235 on: June 08, 2015, 09:16:07 AM »
rofl, too funny.  Guess the elder garden is a better bet.

Joria, what is the elder garden? I've seen it referenced a few times, and it looks interesting! :)
"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1236 on: June 08, 2015, 09:39:36 AM »
Joria, what is the elder garden? I've seen it referenced a few times, and it looks interesting! :)

I am not sure if Joria is referring to my "Elderly Gardens" comment in my story. In dynasty no heirs can do the gardening aspiration. It is done by all that live in the house. So when the heirs turn elder and if they retire they have go to "Elderly Gardens" lol

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,22340.msg413234.html#msg413234

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1237 on: June 08, 2015, 12:34:58 PM »
I am not sure if Joria is referring to my "Elderly Gardens" comment in my story. In dynasty no heirs can do the gardening aspiration. It is done by all that live in the house. So when the heirs turn elder and if they retire they have go to "Elderly Gardens" lol

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,22340.msg413234.html#msg413234

That's it exactly, but why can't an heir do the gardening aspiration if the founder hasn't?  It could be a shared aspiration, couldn't it?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #1238 on: June 08, 2015, 12:39:30 PM »
@Joria I think sdhoey meant that all heirs are free to do Freelance Botanist, it's just that none of them can claim it as their unique aspiration.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #1239 on: June 08, 2015, 01:48:21 PM »
Oh em gee!!!  Too funny for words.  Only Hebe could do this.  I am SO glad you are doing a dynasty story.

Meanwhile, my wedding woes continue.  Oh, nothing really tragic.  Had the best gold medal wedding ever.  And then, just as my mouse went to save, the electricity in the whole house went out!!!  Too bad, we NEED that AC on.  Guess it's a do over.  And I was being so good about saving.

This is why I hate rainstorms - I constantly dread it when it rains and lightning flashes because I worry that my power will go out. I once had a blackout that lasted all day. Sorry to hear that. :(
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1240 on: June 10, 2015, 11:00:57 AM »
I'm happily playing along and decide to save my file. Four hours later, it's still a dark screen with the spinning wheel of death and doom...

I had to shut it all down to stop it, and of course it didn't save my progress. Two sim days gone, and poor Don Lothario has to do all that work again to keep the town populated. :)

I'm assuming you will say it is okay to go back to my last save, but just wanted to check to make sure. Is it okay with everybody?

"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1241 on: June 10, 2015, 11:02:41 AM »
Of course it's fine to use the last good save.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1242 on: June 10, 2015, 11:03:12 AM »
@MischaMusic  — sorry to hear about that. Yep - go back, that's fine.

------

EDIT: Trip! You're too fast! Lol

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1243 on: June 10, 2015, 11:24:36 AM »
Having read the Qualified Careers list, I'm wondering if it's ok for heirs to have the same career but different branches?  For instance, could one be an Astronaut Space Ranger Branch but another an Astronaut Interstellar Smuggler?   

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1244 on: June 10, 2015, 12:00:08 PM »
Having read the Qualified Careers list, I'm wondering if it's ok for heirs to have the same career but different branches?  For instance, could one be an Astronaut Space Ranger Branch but another an Astronaut Interstellar Smuggler?

Yes, that's fine. If you look closely at Nutella's qualified careers list, you'll see that she breaks up those careers that do have two branches.

anything