Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 712626 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #930 on: April 15, 2015, 03:12:17 PM »
Don't you miss the apple/watermelon trick from sims 3?  I know I do.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #931 on: April 15, 2015, 04:08:47 PM »
Yeah, I prefered sims 3 whole productive system better overall.  I also liked the fishing and gardening much more as well.  Also, the moodlet buff being based on quality, not based on what skill unlocked the food being prepared or whether it is gourmet or regular.

Did this latest patch fix the mail bug, or is it still messed up?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #932 on: April 16, 2015, 01:33:13 AM »
I miss the apple/watermelon trick so badly. I get so annoyed at having to have heirs of the gender I don't want. Makes me want to rant and rave to whoever will listen! lol

@EtnaFan666 , not such a strange assumption. I thought male aliens could pollinate male and female sims too.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #933 on: April 16, 2015, 08:48:47 AM »
How I wish we could lock the doors again.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #934 on: April 16, 2015, 11:00:42 AM »
I miss the watermelon/apple trick, not that I'm complaining but it would be nice to have a male heir  :-\
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #935 on: April 16, 2015, 05:51:58 PM »
All I need out of the Sims 4 is an apple/watermelon trick and lockable doors. Some way to get twins/triplets reliably that actually works (looking at you, Fertile) too, but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #936 on: April 19, 2015, 02:59:59 AM »
Everything is still going well. My second generation are in their teens, the heir is about to age up to YA. Here are some of the things that are working for me:

Using other utility Sims, generate enough reward points to purchase useful potions like Sleep Replacement and Happy Potion. Sleep replacement provides you more time for skilling and aspiration completion.

Work Hard is essential for the Heir to fulfill the requirements before time runs out. Having lots of bathtubs helps ease stress.

Graft Strawberry with Snapdragon for lots of simoleons.

Delay selecting a BFF until the last minute

Hmmm...maybe pomegranate is an ingredient for ambrosia because it is a fruit of the underworld.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #937 on: April 19, 2015, 05:06:33 PM »
You got the Persephone reference too? Glad to see you know your Greek mythology. :D
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #938 on: April 19, 2015, 05:28:01 PM »
After reading these post, I quickly went to google and look up Persephone and pomegranate, thank you!  Although I'm not familiar with greek mythology, I love reading about them.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #939 on: April 19, 2015, 08:38:53 PM »
My heir is having problems with the Whiz Kid aspiration. She has completed everything and has had an A at school for three days in a row and it is still not registering and so the aspiration won't complete. Is there a trick to getting the aspiration to complete? I know I've read about other people having this problem but I couldn't find it on the forum.

She has gone to school very focused on these three days with her homework and her extra credit homework completed as well.

*edited, it's now Friday in my game and she only has two days until she ages up. I'm not sure if she will actually get another day at school before her birthday.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #940 on: April 19, 2015, 09:13:57 PM »
@Playalot

The trick is to reach that last stage on the aspiration before you get an "A" in school.  If you already have an "A" going in the last stage of the aspiration, the game will not recognize it.  You have permission to use the milestone cheat to complete the aspiration.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #941 on: April 19, 2015, 09:17:58 PM »
Oh rats! Well, least I know the 'trick' now. Thanks. I'll have to use the milestone cheat then as she was an A student even before she completed the first steps of this aspiration. That's so annoying though, I hate using cheats. Thanks for your quick reply.

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #942 on: April 20, 2015, 07:21:32 AM »
I've been reading a lot of Percy Jackson lately...while playing Sims 4. =)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #943 on: April 20, 2015, 02:15:04 PM »
@Playalot

The trick is to reach that last stage on the aspiration before you get an "A" in school.  If you already have an "A" going in the last stage of the aspiration, the game will not recognize it.  You have permission to use the milestone cheat to complete the aspiration.

In addition, you have to be IN the aspiration for it to recognize that you completed it.  If you are waiting on that requirement but are in a different aspiration when you get the A, it still won't complete.  Basically, make sure you're on Whiz Kid whenever you go to school, and make sure you finish the aspiration before you get an A.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #944 on: April 20, 2015, 08:12:46 PM »
In addition, you have to be IN the aspiration for it to recognize that you completed it.  If you are waiting on that requirement but are in a different aspiration when you get the A, it still won't complete.  Basically, make sure you're on Whiz Kid whenever you go to school, and make sure you finish the aspiration before you get an A.

Yeah, I did that for the whole aspiration. I never switched out of it at all. Trouble was Mackenzie already had an A even before I started it.