Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 706158 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #795 on: February 18, 2015, 09:08:00 AM »
Just found out why my founder/chef never made it to the top of her career.  It's a bug.  If you reach a certain level in your skills BEFORE the requirement to do on the job, you never get the necessary promotion.  She maxed both cooking and gourmet cooking long before it was required.  Unfortunately, I don't have an early save file, before she did that, so it's back to another try.

I'm a little worried about this as this is the career that my founder is doing and she has also maxed both skills way before she needs them. Is this a known bug?

Offline Poffin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #796 on: February 18, 2015, 10:51:04 AM »
I'm a little worried about this as this is the career that my founder is doing and she has also maxed both skills way before she needs them. Is this a known bug?

My founder also did that career and maxed the skills early as well. She had no problems, the career panel just showed the skill requirements as completed with a gold check mark. That bug does not seem to be universal.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #797 on: February 18, 2015, 11:07:52 AM »
@Nutella Thank you very much  ;D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #798 on: February 18, 2015, 12:01:00 PM »
Thank you Poffin.. was starting to panic a bit  ;D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #799 on: February 18, 2015, 03:57:11 PM »
My founder also did that career and maxed the skills early as well. She had no problems, the career panel just showed the skill requirements as completed with a gold check mark. That bug does not seem to be universal.

Actually, it is a well known, documented bug.  Check Crinricht's help.  Sorry, don't have the link but there are a lot of "me too" added on it.  So far no answer for a fix or work around.  On this attempt I'm just being a bit more careful to not max out the skills too soon.  My other chefs did real well and maxed their careers but of course, they weren't in a dynasty.  sigh
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Poffin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #800 on: February 18, 2015, 09:20:06 PM »
Actually, it is a well known, documented bug.  Check Crinricht's help.  Sorry, don't have the link but there are a lot of "me too" added on it.  So far no answer for a fix or work around.  On this attempt I'm just being a bit more careful to not max out the skills too soon.  My other chefs did real well and maxed their careers but of course, they weren't in a dynasty.  sigh

Yikes! I must have just gotten lucky then.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #801 on: February 20, 2015, 02:35:08 AM »
Yikes! I must have just gotten lucky then.

oh! I guess I was lucky as well then. I didn't even know that could happen. I will keep it in mind for the future.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #802 on: February 22, 2015, 07:29:16 PM »
I posted this note in misc. help as well but thought I should also post it here since it could really be pertinent to our dynasty challenge.

" Ok, was having several different problems.  I moved in the Landgraab family and built my nice, new, large, dynasty house using their funds and household items plus a few of my own.  My frig would not allow me to place items in it nor remove items from it.  So I tried replacing it with a lower level frig.  Everything worked.  Then I tried to buy books with their computers and I could not buy anything. I tried clicking on the bookshelves, (theirs), and again could not buy anything.  I then tried clicking on the child's bookshelf I had recently bought and could buy books, seeds, etc.  So, I believe when you move in another families' household goods they will not work the same as ones you bought yourself.  I replaced one of the Landgraab's bookcases and voila, can now buy from that.  This may be a bug but I don't know if it is."

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #803 on: February 28, 2015, 11:40:29 AM »
And I was almost about to play a unofficial Immortal Dynasty on the Sims 4. These bugs are completely my opportunity to enjoy the Sims 4. I am so sorry you all got hit with annoying bugs - I got hit with the "cooking never works" bug a few times and had to exit, repair the game in Origin Client, and restart to make the cooking interaction work. :(
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #804 on: February 28, 2015, 07:04:56 PM »
EtnaFan it is so much more fun to just play the darned game than to try to make the HOF, I agree with you on that for sure.  I'm just stubborn and want to make it through to the end just once.  The furthest I've gotten is in Sims3 up to gen 4 and then it was computer failure that trashed my game.  I lost all the pictures in the museum some how so it was game over.  It was a good enough story I'm actually resurrecting it for my own fun.  Sims4 is more of a challenge but it's early days yet so there are going to be a lot of things that need fixing or learning, and I take a long time to learn things now.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Emily Redbird

• Mistress of splitting hairs
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #805 on: March 05, 2015, 09:40:27 AM »
Hey guys, I wondered, has anyone else noticed that this challenge seems easier than the TS3 version? It is, for one, a lot easier on the utility sims needed (now that art slaves are a thing of the past), and the goals aren't that stressful. Is this just me overlooking something major, or has this challenge really changed?

~Emily
"There is always someone who doesn't agree. That's what keeps the machinery going." Fryndse from "Min hund Grog" (My dog Grog) by Storm P.

The Slytherin Immortal Dynasty

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #806 on: March 05, 2015, 10:02:45 AM »
Some things are easier and some are harder.
1) Painting portraits -- no longer available as an option in sims 4.  We had to come up with some ideas to replace portraits, but we still like the museum idea, so we went with collections.
2) Opportunities -- no longer available in sims 4.  We replaced it with whims, although I have to agree completing whims is so much more easier than opps.

Careers in sims 4 is much harder to max than sims 3, and the gold medals are definitely harder than purchasing one building / property. :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #807 on: March 08, 2015, 04:40:59 PM »
Hey guys, I wondered, has anyone else noticed that this challenge seems easier than the TS3 version? It is, for one, a lot easier on the utility sims needed (now that art slaves are a thing of the past), and the goals aren't that stressful. Is this just me overlooking something major, or has this challenge really changed?

~Emily

I find it much harder, more stressful in some ways, (those awful parties!), and more boring in others.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #808 on: March 08, 2015, 05:44:29 PM »
Neither version is "easy" - that's like saying Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Max is "easier" because of all the new abilities that make Sora more of a super-saiyan(I'd say something else but it has a dirty word in it  :-X ) than in the original; just because you get new abilities doesn't mean you can ignore the new tough challenges you HAVE to do to 100% Jiminy Journals(Mushroom XIII, the Data Orgs OMG, and that super-boss), but the original game has its own challenges because you don't have those abilities. (Apologies for the analogy - I am a big Kingdom Hearts fan  ;D )

The same is said for the Immortal Dynasty versions. While some things are removed(no portraits or skill supermaxes needed) but are replaced with harder stuff(having a unique Best Friend, having to master Social Events and have to redo some if you don't get gold medals in them).

I think it all reduces down to how you play The Sims 3/4 - if you are a collection nut or control freak like me, you might find The Sims 3 version more to your taste. If you prefer a slower, less stressful and micro-managing play session, try the Sims 4 version; you can have fun throwing lots of parties and having lots of dates with your Sims!  ;)
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #809 on: March 09, 2015, 09:14:22 AM »
I find the parties can be challenging, everything has to be micromanaged and I'm having to force my Sims to stoptrolling forums or doing mean interactions at every possible turn  ::)
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast