Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 706029 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1260 on: June 11, 2015, 05:58:52 PM »
It must be quite a random bug as I have never struck it. Which is quite rare for me as I seem to usually get them all! I make all my heirs do all 4 of the childhood aspirations and I have managed to get the high score without this bug happening every time. Mind you, I mostly do use the monkey bars for levelling motor skill and my kids only use the commander keyboard until the high score requirement has checked off.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1261 on: June 11, 2015, 06:26:36 PM »
My question is: this only affects Childhood aspirations.  Because there are only 4, there can't be any unique ones, so I'm not sure why this particular bug would be of such concern.  Maybe I'm missing some advantage, but I'm genuinely curious.  It is entirely possible I'm missing something XD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #1262 on: June 11, 2015, 06:36:38 PM »
My question is: this only affects Childhood aspirations.  Because there are only 4, there can't be any unique ones, so I'm not sure why this particular bug would be of such concern.  Maybe I'm missing some advantage, but I'm genuinely curious.  It is entirely possible I'm missing something XD

The bug levels you from 0 to 10 creativity in the span of about 30 seconds.  While it's not an issue by dynasty rules, it does basically remove hours of skilling that would have to be done later.  I don't think this is a huge issue, as it's possible (and easy) to get all 4 aspirations done anyways, but depending on how focused on skilling you are, it could make the difference between completing or failing to finish the creative aspiration.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1263 on: June 11, 2015, 06:52:41 PM »
The bug levels you from 0 to 10 creativity in the span of about 30 seconds.  While it's not an issue by dynasty rules, it does basically remove hours of skilling that would have to be done later.  I don't think this is a huge issue, as it's possible (and easy) to get all 4 aspirations done anyways, but depending on how focused on skilling you are, it could make the difference between completing or failing to finish the creative aspiration.

Oh, I see.  I didn't realize it was that fast.  That is quite fast, though I would make the argument that I've never found leveling creativity to be difficult or that time consuming.  30 seconds is a bit much heh, but I would say leveling creativity is easily done in a sim day.  At least for me.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1264 on: June 11, 2015, 07:39:38 PM »
Joria is right, that is why I say MissTrips can continue with her game.

For heirs though, its going to be a little tougher.  We cannot ban keyboard commander, yet the bug exist and we rather not use cheat to solve the problem.  May I suggest putting a line in the rule that warn players NOT to use keyboard commander to level motor skill (use monkey bar instead) and to save prior to playing keyboard commander for rambuctious aspiration?  If the bug goes off while the player is trying to finish the aspiration, we can always have them go back to the save and try again.  Thoughts?

Sounds fair to me although I agree with the others in thinking it really doesn't matter that much no matter how fast you gain.  You still have to complete everything so it seems like it's no big deal.

On a different note, I played around with the new world a bit today.  It's lovely and has a nice dynasty size lot but you'd either have to make some rules about placing other houses/Sims there or make it a spot where you can only put in venues.  I put two really pretty cottages in and will populate with my Sims.  My understanding is it won't self populate if all you do is put in houses but my houses are currently empty so we'll see.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1265 on: June 11, 2015, 08:04:19 PM »
On a different note, I played around with the new world a bit today.  It's lovely and has a nice dynasty size lot but you'd either have to make some rules about placing other houses/Sims there or make it a spot where you can only put in venues.  I put two really pretty cottages in and will populate with my Sims.  My understanding is it won't self populate if all you do is put in houses but my houses are currently empty so we'll see.

Yes the team is discussing Newcrest.  Will update the dynasty rule once we decided what to do.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1266 on: June 11, 2015, 09:35:12 PM »
None of the lots are as large as the ones we already have.   :'(

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SFL

• SFL= Sims+For+Life
  • Townie
« Reply #1267 on: June 12, 2015, 08:19:47 PM »
I have been wondering if the Rewards also include potions. It would seem they do, but I just want to be sure.
Cake + Sims=Amazing

It is no joke that eating cake and playing sims is true awesomeness.
Stories:
Summers Legacy *Ongoing*
The Starlivs Return *Ongoing*
Starliv Immortal Dynasty *Graveyard*

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #1268 on: June 12, 2015, 08:47:40 PM »
@SFL They do. I think it would be nearly impossible to complete the rewards requirement without it.

Offline SFL

• SFL= Sims+For+Life
  • Townie
« Reply #1269 on: June 13, 2015, 03:20:19 AM »
@SFL They do. I think it would be nearly impossible to complete the rewards requirement without it.
Thx, that's what I thought.
Cake + Sims=Amazing

It is no joke that eating cake and playing sims is true awesomeness.
Stories:
Summers Legacy *Ongoing*
The Starlivs Return *Ongoing*
Starliv Immortal Dynasty *Graveyard*

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #1270 on: June 13, 2015, 12:23:25 PM »
I wanted to let everyone know about the new update that added in a new neighborhood to Sims 4, Newcrest. I'm sure the mods know about it - it's a full clean neighborhood with nobody living in a house there and no houses - it's just nothing but empty lots. I am starting an Unofficial Immortal Dynasty so I will be following rules and using Willow Creek, but what is the ruling about Newcrest? For the record, this is a 50x40 lot there but I'm guessing the mods want you to have a 50 square area lot so that lot is not allowed, but I will let the mods deal with it.

I might try something else there if I get motivated.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1271 on: June 13, 2015, 12:54:53 PM »
I wanted to let everyone know about the new update that added in a new neighborhood to Sims 4, Newcrest. I'm sure the mods know about it - it's a full clean neighborhood with nobody living in a house there and no houses - it's just nothing but empty lots. I am starting an Unofficial Immortal Dynasty so I will be following rules and using Willow Creek, but what is the ruling about Newcrest? For the record, this is a 50x40 lot there but I'm guessing the mods want you to have a 50 square area lot so that lot is not allowed, but I will let the mods deal with it.

I might try something else there if I get motivated.

I've already started a new file and am filling New Crest.  I have three builders from the "official" forum whose work I really enjoy and follow so New Crest 1 will be full of their builds.  I'll populate it mostly with my people.  New Crest 2 I'll redo all the worlds, leaving the original townies in the first two worlds and only repopulating New Crest itself but that time I want #carlsguide builds and Sims.  It's a really pretty world but so far Ken and Barbie Doll have not found a place to fish there.  I'd be interested to hear and see what you do there, so get motivated dude~~!  I don't see how the team can allow it for a dynasty, but I bet Metro will be able to come up with a fabulous challenge using that world.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1272 on: June 13, 2015, 12:56:26 PM »
We are just waiting on all the mods / team members to provide feedback on Newcrest.  We should have official ruling by end of next week.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1273 on: June 13, 2015, 01:15:52 PM »
We are just waiting on all the mods / team members to provide feedback on Newcrest.  We should have official ruling by end of next week.

Yeah, like Joria said not sure we can allow Newcrest given the existing restrictions of Manage World - we'd have to allow a bunch of concessions to use Manage World to make it Dynasty ready. Plus, there's no 50 X 50 lot, so there would be inconsistency with the other two Dynasty lots.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1274 on: June 13, 2015, 01:53:30 PM »
Yeah, like Joria said not sure we can allow Newcrest given the existing restrictions of Manage World - we'd have to allow a bunch of concessions to use Manage World to make it Dynasty ready. Plus, there's no 50 X 50 lot, so there would be inconsistency with the other two Dynasty lots.

So that's your cue to come up with an excellent other type of challenge.  Right?

----------
My No Buy Story