Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698021 times)

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #810 on: March 09, 2015, 11:53:57 AM »
I love both dynasties, and I would agree that neither is harder than the other. I do prefer the Sims 4 gameplay in some ways, but that might be the lack of lag I get with the game. But those parties, those can be difficult. But I can throw a mean weenie roast ::)
And I think the 4 version will get harder with time. As more things come out they can adjust the requirements. Portraits can come back, we're getting photography in April with Get To Work

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #811 on: March 10, 2015, 06:01:08 AM »
Hello everyone. I have a sim who is completing he Whiz Kid aspiration. I have achieved all the goals for the whiz kid milestone except for achieve grade A. But my sim already has an A at school. How do I get around this? Many thanks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #812 on: March 10, 2015, 08:09:40 AM »
That Whiz Kid aspiration is bugged for many people.  You can use the cheat to complete it.
Cheat: aspirations.complete_current_milestone (make sure testingcheats is on)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #813 on: March 10, 2015, 03:08:24 PM »
Hello everyone. I have a sim who is completing he Whiz Kid aspiration. I have achieved all the goals for the whiz kid milestone except for achieve grade A. But my sim already has an A at school. How do I get around this? Many thanks.

I'm having the same difficulty.  Thanks, Nutella for the ok on the cheat.  It's my heir and I don't want her to fail because of a bug.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #814 on: March 10, 2015, 08:46:27 PM »
So my founder finally was able to eat ambrosia, and I chose a cooking sim first mostly because I thought that everyone else would leave behind more expensive things, and they would be able to contribute 10 items.  I had him cook up the ambrosia, and to my surprise, it sells for over 3000 simoleons!  That was the first time I ever had a sim cook that stuff up. 

Poor guy, I made him dig up so many rocks to see which 8 metals, crystals, fossils, or mysims trophies I could find to make the highest museum value. 

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #815 on: March 11, 2015, 05:25:59 AM »
Thanks a lot Nutella. Joria, I'm going to update my game first and THEN I'm going to do the cheat. So happy I could add another museum item.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #816 on: March 11, 2015, 09:30:35 AM »
If you are thinking about using Ambrosia for your museum items, I'd advise against it if you plan on keeping the ghosts on your lot - they will phase through walls and eat it and you'll fail the challenge. Still, I didn't realize that Ambrosia was worth so much.  :D
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #817 on: March 11, 2015, 03:36:14 PM »
Oh wow, I didn't even think of that.  I was lucky, I had dead Johnny Zest roaming around one night.  Ghosts annoy me, so I had someone release his spirit the next morning.  All he did was just stand in the kitchen for hours, and then he left. He is the only one who has died so far.  The ambrosia must stay so the ghosts must go.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #818 on: March 11, 2015, 07:51:32 PM »
Oh wow, I didn't even think of that.  I was lucky, I had dead Johnny Zest roaming around one night.  Ghosts annoy me, so I had someone release his spirit the next morning.  All he did was just stand in the kitchen for hours, and then he left. He is the only one who has died so far.  The ambrosia must stay so the ghosts must go.

I love playing with ghosts but ONLY if I'm not trying for the HOF.  They can be such a pain in the neck otherwise, even when they are on their best behaviour.  In a Sims3 dynasty I did have a ghost, (founder's husband number 1), eat the ambrosia.  Since they were so in love I kept the file and am playing it with them remarried while they are already up to gen 4.  Confusing!  This time around, no ghosts allowed.  I want ambrosia as my first set of museum pieces.  Thanks, EtnaFan665 for that tip.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
« Reply #819 on: March 15, 2015, 02:01:30 PM »
No problem!  ;D It's my duty to warn people about things that they might have missed, I want everyone to enjoy the experience and failing a dynasty that you put so much work into because EA's programming team made it so ghosts do stupid things isn't fun.

Not like I care about HoF myself - I am doing a fun cheaty Domination Dynasty on my Sims 3 file with some Kingdom Heart characters as the 'queen and drone' because I like the idea of them hooking up. (Hint: The title is "The Nobody Swarm.") But I do want people who are shooting for the moon to have fun doing it.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #820 on: March 15, 2015, 09:57:25 PM »
Ya, I completed two "unofficial" dynasties myself.  A domination and a 4 x 4.  Not because of cheats, but because of game stability.  I know everyone has their own play styles.  I never cheat, in any game.  However, it was getting extremely difficult to run sims 3 without mods.  So, I just did those two mostly with overwatch.  I also used master controller a couple times in the domination dynasty when I had a child that wouldn't age up to reset them.  I used traveler in the 4 x 4 when china wouldn't load.  Besides that, I followed all the rules.

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #821 on: March 16, 2015, 02:33:36 AM »
What I did was to ask Nina Caliente to move in, and then I had the option to move in the entire household. I did that and my household funds got from 10,000 simoleons to 186,000 simoleons (I sold their furniture). Is that legal?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #822 on: March 16, 2015, 02:59:56 AM »
Yup, entirely legal.  Just remember, all of those you moved in must remain in the household until their death.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #823 on: March 16, 2015, 11:14:06 AM »
Correct.  You can't kill them either, you have to wait for them to die of old age.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
« Reply #824 on: March 18, 2015, 11:59:01 PM »
Of course, if anyone gets killed by Sim AI stupidity(spares or spouses after the next generation is born), you don't fail either... but you can't direct them to be suicidal, as I learned. You can cause someone to break a sink near a stove and make the stove break but you can't order the Sim you want to die to fix the stove, he has to do it automatically. I had an incident in the Sims 3 where I ordered one of my Sims to fix ten broken radios... and he died because I wasn't watching him. That might cause you to be in violation of rules but if the game directs that Sim to do that stupid thing, you are still legit.

Hope that cleared it up. You don't fail if your non-immortals die of anything but old age - like them accidentally wetting themselves and dying of embarrassment - but if you force that on them, it's a blatant abuse of the rules.