Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707507 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1110 on: May 16, 2015, 07:36:31 PM »
Hi, simmer with 8000 questions. :P I cannot find the lily! Can I have a screen shot of where to find them?
If you're in Oakenstead/Willow Creek, there's a lily plant right in front of the house, on the grass in front of the hedge.
If you're in Oasis Springs (I guess you are), you'll find lilies at Magnolia Blossom Park/Willow Creek all over (try southwest corner) or go the Willow Creek shops and there are several lily plants on the northwest peninsula-like area.
Good luck.

Edit: @geekischic, I meant to write that lilies can be found all over Magnolia Blossom Park in Willow Creek, not all over Willow Creek. Sorry!

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1111 on: May 16, 2015, 08:23:34 PM »
Thank you!! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1112 on: May 18, 2015, 12:00:15 PM »
Timing for Aging Up

My household currently has an infant and a teen that will be aging up on Monday.  We already receiving the "It's almost XX's birthday" message for both on the same day.

Questions:
(1) For the teen, may I perform an Age Up operation using a cake as soon as it turns Monday (a minute after Sunday midnight) and the teen displays "Days to Age Up: 0" on the age bar?
      Or do I wait until we get the "Celebrate XX's birthday" message?
(2) For infants, do we always allow them to age up naturally?

Up to now, I've been letting infants age up naturally and waiting for the "Celebrate" message for non-infants.
I'm feeling especially impatient with these two, so I just thought I'd ask.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1113 on: May 18, 2015, 12:01:59 PM »
You can use a cake on both of them. It just has to be their actual birthday (0 days to age up, just as you said).
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1114 on: May 18, 2015, 12:33:43 PM »
You can use a cake on both of them. It just has to be their actual birthday (0 days to age up, just as you said).

Thank you for letting me know so quickly! Bassinet for the baby and cake for the teen, then!

P.S. Loved Chapter 1 of Eight Cicadas and will continue.

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1115 on: May 18, 2015, 08:36:45 PM »
My founder won't stay in bed! I've sold the bed, and yet she keeps popping back out after about a sim minute!

Fixed. :)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1116 on: May 19, 2015, 01:19:38 AM »
I have a question about ambrosia and personal/household inventories.
On the forum, I've read about dynasty players storing ambrosia ingredients on roofs (deathflowers/potions) and fishing bowls (angelfish).
I started out that way, too, then switched to cooking ambrosia whenever I had enough ingredients and storing the ambrosia on wall shelves.

Next, I worried that the expensive ambrosia would drive up my rent, so I started storing the ingredients in the personal inventory of the heir who completed the chef/mixology aspirations (her ambrosia never spoils).
My dynasty has 99+ of each ambrosia ingredient so leaving them out or using fishbowls is a hassle, especially now that I can afford exorbitant rents.
I just have to make sure that she's not the one cooking fish tacos or other fish dishes containing an unspecified fish.

My questions:
What is the relationship between rent and the two types of inventories?
Would the cheapest and easiest approach be to prepare ambrosia whenever ingredients become available (assuming the chef has the Fresh Essence trait) then store the ambrosia in household inventory?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1117 on: May 19, 2015, 02:53:57 AM »
I can't answer all your questions but I'm pretty sure that storing potions don't inflate the bills as they sell for nothing so basically have no value. Angelfish have minimum value so again, don't inflate the bills by much. Cooked ambrosia has quite a value so storing these could potentially inflate your bills quite a bit.

I store angelfish and potions on the roof or in the basements. (Now that basements are here I won't use the roof ever again for storing items! lol) I've around 130 potions and about 120 odd fish. I keep the death flowers in the personal inventory of my founder. (Have 99+ so I don't actually know how many I have). The main reason I do this is so that the angelfish aren't used up accidentally by cooking fish tacos (which my sims live on) and also so that I don't end up somehow accidentally cooking ambrosia, leaving it on the bench and end up having a ghost eat it!!

I don't spend my founder or heir's points on potions until they actually need a plate of ambrosia, that way it slightly reduces the amount of potions in the basement. Also, just because I like to try to make it so every heir 'pays' for their own potion. Ambrosia seems to be one of the quickest food items to cook so my sims just cook it one plate at a time as they need it.

Last thought, ambrosia doesn't go off anyway, regardless of who cooks it.

Not sure if any of that's helpful or not but it's just how I do it!  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1118 on: May 19, 2015, 10:25:57 PM »
@Playalot, thanks for your response.
Your dynasty always has such cool ghostly relations!  Mine, not so much, so I just store the urns in household inventory.
Interesting that you have each founder/heir buy their own potions of youth.  I've been mooching them off of the dynasty spares.

Ooh, I never knew that ambrosia doesn't spoil.  Here I've been always having my Master Chef make it, when I could have been skilling up gourmet cooking for other household members!
That is an awesome tip!

Offline geekischic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1119 on: May 20, 2015, 09:39:02 PM »
For catching angel fish does it matter if my sim uses bait?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1120 on: May 20, 2015, 10:48:53 PM »
According to the Guide, it doesn't look like you need bait for Angelfish.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1121 on: May 21, 2015, 02:52:13 AM »
ok so my child sim has been invited to one of his child-friends birthday party (at the SKL house). A caterer came and baked him a cake. My sim put candles on it as no one was doing anything with the cake. There is an option to age up the birthday sim... but is that against the dynasty rules? I'm sort of stuck at this other sims birthday party with my founder and youngest heir wondering what to do! Help anyone? In hind sight I should have clicked 'no' when the invite came but I was so excited to be invited to another sims party that I rushed into it!  ::)

*Edited, the birthday boy eventually headed towards the cake and blew out the candles by himself... while his mum went upstairs and only my founder, the caterer and another little girl sim to sing happy birthday to him lol

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1122 on: May 21, 2015, 08:11:28 AM »
ok so my child sim has been invited to one of his child-friends birthday party (at the SKL house). A caterer came and baked him a cake. My sim put candles on it as no one was doing anything with the cake. There is an option to age up the birthday sim... but is that against the dynasty rules? I'm sort of stuck at this other sims birthday party with my founder and youngest heir wondering what to do! Help anyone? In hind sight I should have clicked 'no' when the invite came but I was so excited to be invited to another sims party that I rushed into it!  ::)

*Edited, the birthday boy eventually headed towards the cake and blew out the candles by himself... while his mum went upstairs and only my founder, the caterer and another little girl sim to sing happy birthday to him lol

Well, I am glad your Sim's friend did eventually blow the candles out himself instead of your Sim. Everything worked out fine since it was your Sim's friend's birthday. You just cannot age up before actual birthdays for anyone (household or otherwise) -

• No aging anyone up early. Birthday cakes (or bassinets aging up for babies) can only be used on a Sim's actual birthday and only on members of your household.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1123 on: May 21, 2015, 03:11:04 PM »
About these birthday parties, it is actually the other sims birthday and seeing as it's a new feature of the game I just want some clarification about it as my kid-heir has been invited to 2 more (which I turned down).

If we go to these parties are we allowed to age up the birthday kid anyway seeing it IS their birthday and that they will age up automatically anyway at the end of the party? The party takes 6 hours which is quite a long time to be standing around talking etc.

I know the rules say we can't... but, like I said this is a new game feature now. The other two kids aged up without me going to their parties (you can tell by their faces/info etc in the relationship panel)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1124 on: May 21, 2015, 03:27:11 PM »
My sim has been invited to two birthday parties at the SKL house.
The first time, the person who phoned ended up being the birthday girl. But the party wasn't moving forward so I had my sim light the birthday cake (but not an Age Up action), after which the birthday sim went and blew out the candles.
The second time, that same SKL sim phoned with a birthday invitation. As soon as we arrived, two SKL babies aged into children. I didn't check other SKL household members to see if anyone had the "Brithday Sim" label. Took sim hours to realize that the two babies had been the birthday sims.

I guess these party invitations are good for fulfilling Party Animal requirements.
Important: Don't socialize much with the Birthday sim until s/he blows out the candles. At the first party, I think my sim delayed the cake interaction by yakking with the birthday sim.

anything