Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708150 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1305 on: July 06, 2015, 04:20:37 PM »
@Shewolf13 , wow. That's interesting (and not in a good way!). I've started a new game recently and I don't have this issue but I'm only playing one sim. Today I'm going to buy a retail lot and move some items and money around so I'll report back if this helps my dynasty file. I don't know whether to hope it's all the items on my lot or if it's a bug caused by a patch!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1306 on: July 06, 2015, 05:14:57 PM »
@Playalot Yeah, it's pretty annoying.  But it definitely happens with more than one Sim.  And I think it's with the emotions as well, since it often happens when they are in their living room (which is outfitted with all the business/astronaut career rewards that give a focused moodlet).  I would say it's caused by a patch because I never had that issue in a file before the last patch.  Soon as I patched it, it started.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1307 on: July 06, 2015, 05:23:15 PM »
@Shewolf13 , kind of makes me think that moving all their items etc isn't worth the effort then, especially if its a bug. I did think it was quite strange how all of a sudden it started. It happens with emotions all the time in my dynasty game. Every single time they change emotion I have to hit pause. And they change emotions a lot!

Well... decision made, I'll still move everything and transfer funds over into the retail lot and see what happens. I guess if it's a bug then game play will still be painful and if it solves some/all issues then we'll know. (Maybe.)

*Edited: Well, I transferred $9,000,000 over and headed back to the home lot and sold a lot of items that were just cluttering up the place. Everything ran really smoothly for about half an hour real life time and then the head bobbing started again. Not nearly so badly though, as so far (touch wood) I haven't had to hit pause. I can cope with the slight delay/head bob thing as long as it sorts itself out so for now just buying the retail lot and transferring the simoleons across was enough to improve game play.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1308 on: July 06, 2015, 10:30:21 PM »
Glad to hear that helped!  I get the head bob pause thing but thought it was my clunker pc.  It's not severe for me and I've found if I hit fast and then quickly back to normal speed it goes away but it's a nuisance to do it.  Now if I can get my Mediafire issue fixed I'll actually be able to play again.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1309 on: July 07, 2015, 04:49:41 PM »
It's a bit early to ask but with the Spa Day game pack the new buildings will be found in our library so are we allowed to place them in Newcrest like we could with new EP lots in Sims 3?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1310 on: July 08, 2015, 07:42:59 AM »
Most likely we will allow it, but it is too early to make that official.  I will test it next week Tuesday (14th right?), team will make the decision official by end of next week. 

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1311 on: July 08, 2015, 10:25:29 AM »
Thank you  ;)
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1312 on: July 08, 2015, 04:11:39 PM »
Just thought I'd let you all know that the head-bobbing and pausing thing while waiting for emotions etc to change does seem to be a game bug. I looked around on the official EA forums and it seems that this is problem that quite a few people are having since the last patch. Hopefully it's sorted on the 9th with the new patch. You can improve it somewhat by clearing out excess items from your lot etc .

@Shewolf13 , looks like you were spot on.  :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1313 on: July 08, 2015, 07:45:28 PM »
@Playalot I was?  XD That's a first.  Somehow, I tend to miss things and something may have been around for a while, but I didn't notice.  Hopefully that patch helps it out come the 9th.

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #1314 on: July 11, 2015, 07:13:55 AM »
My founder has a relationship bar that is green all the way with Bella Goth, but the game lists her as impartial. But I can already use the Reveal Deep Secret interaction.

Any help please?

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #1315 on: July 11, 2015, 07:31:59 AM »
It must be a new bug; my founder has the same thing going on with Summer Holiday.  She and another Sim who are listed as Impartial show up when I filter for friends; I guess we'll need a determination of whether or not they can count as Good Friends.

Offline pithenia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1316 on: July 11, 2015, 08:43:29 AM »
So, yea, I wanted to start this challenge before but had some major issues with my computer. Since I have a new one, I am so doing this challenge! Story time, Yay!   ;D
Just keep Simmin'

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #1317 on: July 11, 2015, 09:19:16 AM »
Vlad, my 3rd heir, has run into a problem with his second and final aspiration.
The Computer Wizaspiration that he is doing just needs to register that he has reached lvl 5 in the tech guru career.
The problem is that he is currently at lvl 6 in that career and is one promotion away from getting to the branch I've selected for him, but somehow it just isn't registering for the aspiration.
I've no idea at this point if this is just a temporary bug that will go away when I re-enter the game or if getting one more promotion will trigger it or if I will need to use the cheat to get it done.

Any  suggestions? Or do I get permission to use the cheat if it still there when I re-enter the file?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1318 on: July 11, 2015, 09:24:05 AM »
My recollection is that the next promotion should trigger the completion of that requirement. If it doesn't, I'd say use the cheat if you've completed the other requirements for that milestone. What do the others say?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1319 on: July 11, 2015, 10:02:21 AM »
Sadly your next promotion will not trigger the completion.  Yes, go ahead and use the cheat to complete that milestone.

You have to reach Milestone IV before getting TechGuru career level 5.  If you reach level 5 before you hit the last milestone, the requirement will not register, no matter what you do.