Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707882 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #960 on: April 22, 2015, 05:04:20 PM »
If you only have sims 4 base game, you could.  You don't have black & white and costume party, left with exactly 5 types -- date, house, birthday, dinner, wedding.  If wedding fails, you can't redo wedding.  We didn't want players to have to divorce and redo wedding, so locations were introduced.

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #961 on: April 22, 2015, 10:24:05 PM »
I was getting so confused about the parties! Thanks for spelling it out for us, Nutella!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #962 on: April 23, 2015, 02:02:26 AM »
From the rule section:
**Players can increase the value of their Immortal Family Museum by having an heir contribute two additional museum items (for a total of 10 of a given type) if that heir completes a Childhood Aspiration and gets an A in school (as a Child and a Teen).

Okay, didn't see that - it's totally optional, right? I mean, I would make the kids complete a child aspiration and my Sim kids always get excellent grades in school, but at least I'm glad it's not an official rule, just something to increase the value of the museum(which I don't care to do - I'm not a slavedriver and I prefer to do my excellent value runs with Platinum PS3 trophies, not Sims, so I give them motive cheats to keep them happy and thus I can't ever do a legit Dynasty, so I prefer not to stress over PERFECT VALUE items).

Also, when I said speed dynasty, I was talking about what people had been doing in the Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty to get all the stuff done early so you can play with the game minimized while waiting for the birthdays and killing time out of boredom. I wasn't talking about aging anyone early!  ::)

Another thing: About the parties, I asked that same question Joria asked because I was concerned due to the 7th and 8th Immortals unable to have a wedding party gold medal because they are forced to be celibate(unwed for you laymen) due to the house restriction.

I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #963 on: April 23, 2015, 05:02:17 AM »
Go to Build or Buy mode. Then pick up the dish and the value will be shown in the screen.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #964 on: April 23, 2015, 06:46:16 AM »
@EtnaFan666

Yes, "A" grade in school and child aspiration is absolutely optional.

When you mention celibate (unwed), one thing I have to point out, lots of people seems to missed this: Your couples do not have to be married.  The dynasty requirement is only for parents to live in the same dynasty house (except for the last generation), says nothing about must be married. 

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #965 on: April 23, 2015, 08:21:53 AM »
How do I prevent previous Immortals from dying?

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #966 on: April 23, 2015, 08:41:49 AM »
@ilovethesims They need to eat Ambrosia when their age bar is almost full, you can do it when you get the notice for them to get their affairs into order ie the impending death notice.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #967 on: April 23, 2015, 10:10:25 AM »
@EtnaFan666
When you mention celibate (unwed), one thing I have to point out, lots of people seems to missed this: Your couples do not have to be married.  The dynasty requirement is only for parents to live in the same dynasty house (except for the last generation), says nothing about must be married.

I understand this but even so, you still can't have a wedding party for Gen 7 or 8. And unless you don't like wedding parties, I think it would be something that players would probably do - I mean, you've already wooed the baby daddy in a gold date and he's going to be living with you, why not add a gold wedding and knock out another medal? I'm not saying that's it mandatory to get married, but I usually have the mindset of gold medal date, gold medal wedding. And since Generation 7 can't have the baby while the other parent is living with them, wouldn't have be hypocrisy for the rule? Just stating.

There, I've exhausted every argument. I'll put this subject to bed now.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #968 on: April 23, 2015, 10:30:45 AM »
I understand this but even so, you still can't have a wedding party for Gen 7 or 8.

You can still get married, have the wedding party and go for a gold medal. You just don't move the new partner in when the option comes up.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #969 on: April 23, 2015, 04:28:22 PM »
Is that a legal? I may try it but I have a long way to go to reach that point and new content and such could possibly mean more party options though.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #970 on: April 23, 2015, 05:08:12 PM »
You can still get married, have the wedding party and go for a gold medal. You just don't move the new partner in when the option comes up.

Yes this is legal for your 7th generation.  While all the previous generation needs to have parents that live in the dynasty house, the 7th generation don't have room.  You can get marry, just don't move in your spouse; that empty spot in your dynasty house needs to be for your baby, the last heir.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #971 on: April 24, 2015, 06:06:05 AM »
Cool, I love weddings in Sims so I guess my seventh may have a wedding after all  ;D

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #972 on: April 24, 2015, 08:45:07 PM »
Keeping immortal sims alive by ambrosia seems a little expensive.

Can I just let them die and then have another sim plead for their lives with a death flower?

Thanks.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #973 on: April 24, 2015, 09:16:03 PM »
@ilovethesims

Sorry the answer is no.  The whole point of the dynasty challenge is the rule where elder must be kept alive via ambrosia. 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #974 on: April 24, 2015, 10:36:08 PM »
I just had a blue screen crash and since then every time I go to change my alien disguise the whole family turn up as options to change... which is kinda like when you use the cas.fulleditmode cheat. Only I have not used this (obviously as it's against rules). The crash happened when I was in the middle of changing one of my aliens disguise (which you do just by clicking on the alien).
Can I delete this file and go back to an earlier save which is about one sim day back from this current save?

*edited: I just noticed that in this file when I visit a neighbour their house is open to me and I don't have to knock on any doors! Ugh, something's gone wrong with it for sure.  :( And when I travel all my sims moodlets all drop off which they shouldn't as most of them aren't environmentally linked.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything