Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707891 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #945 on: April 21, 2015, 01:01:17 AM »
HELP PLEASE!!  My founder is trying to marry her spouse except it is a never ending loop!  They keep doing the wedding actions over and over and it's not registering as married although I got a notification saying it was a beautiful wedding.  How do I unstick this or do I just bag it, leave without saving, and do it over?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline awaytobeunshaken

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #946 on: April 21, 2015, 11:14:18 AM »
Quick question about birthday cakes: Can I cake my sims once the age bar says 0 days to age up, or do have to wait for the announcement that it's their birthday?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #947 on: April 21, 2015, 11:30:57 AM »
@Joria
Do you have a save just before the wedding?  I do not know how to solve your problem, but you have permission to go back to a previous save and redo the whole wedding.

@awaytobeunshaken
Only when the age bar says 0 days, bar all filled up with a light bubbly color, then you can age up your sim.  You do not have to wait for announcement.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #948 on: April 21, 2015, 12:50:50 PM »
@Joria
Do you have a save just before the wedding?  I do not know how to solve your problem, but you have permission to go back to a previous save and redo the whole wedding.

@awaytobeunshaken
Only when the age bar says 0 days, bar all filled up with a light bubbly color, then you can age up your sim.  You do not have to wait for announcement.

Thank you, Nutella.  Fortunately, I had saved just before I even started planning the wedding.  Phew.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #949 on: April 21, 2015, 05:25:07 PM »
I'd been planning to have my Gen2 heir cook high-end dishes for her museum items after having fulfilled the Chef aspiration.
But I can't figure out the value of what she cooks
Is the only way to go to my shop and "Set for Sales" the dishes concerned?  Or does the value of museum items not matter? (I'll be lucky if I ever finish...)
Sorry for asking such a basic question.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #950 on: April 21, 2015, 05:26:26 PM »
@oshizu
Put that plate on a surface, go into buy mode (F2) -- grab that plate as if you were selling it, you shall see the price of the plate.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #951 on: April 21, 2015, 05:27:16 PM »
The value of the museum does not matter, its personal preference.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #952 on: April 21, 2015, 06:33:55 PM »
@oshizu
Put that plate on a surface, go into buy mode (F2) -- grab that plate as if you were selling it, you shall see the price of the plate.

Thank you for the quick and clear answer. As for museum value, if aiming for a high museum value is a matter of personal preference, then I'll just focus on trying to finish.   :)

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #953 on: April 21, 2015, 09:41:13 PM »
I have noticed that heirs - every generation but the founder - in most Immortal Dynasties is being push to complete child aspirations and get excellent grades but I did not see anything in the rules stating that each Immortal-to-be past the first must complete a child aspiration and get As in school. Is this a mistake in the rules or what? I am going to do a speed dynasty for fun and need to know if the child aspirations or grades in school count. I know heirs cannot skip school or get excuse notes written but what about this other stuff?
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #954 on: April 21, 2015, 09:50:54 PM »
I have noticed that heirs - every generation but the founder - in most Immortal Dynasties is being push to complete child aspirations and get excellent grades but I did not see anything in the rules stating that each Immortal-to-be past the first must complete a child aspiration and get As in school. Is this a mistake in the rules or what? I am going to do a speed dynasty for fun and need to know if the child aspirations or grades in school count. I know heirs cannot skip school or get excuse notes written but what about this other stuff?
I think that people are doing it because they figure they might as well, since you can't age them up early anyway. Child aspirations and good grades can help them later in life. Also, since you can't age them up early, I'm not sure how speedy a speed dynasty would be, but you can always try to complete it as fast as you can.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #955 on: April 21, 2015, 10:06:30 PM »

That is because they want to have "ten" museum items instead of eight.  It is not necessary for child to get "A" or complete aspiration, but you can't age them up early anyways, so my as well give them something to do for the 12+ days while waiting to become teen.

From the rule section:
**Players can increase the value of their Immortal Family Museum by having an heir contribute two additional museum items (for a total of 10 of a given type) if that heir completes a Childhood Aspiration and gets an A in school (as a Child and a Teen).

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #956 on: April 22, 2015, 03:29:28 PM »
On parties, somewhere I read you could have the same party type, for instance a birthday, at more than one location and you could count both parties as valid types since they were at different places.  Is this accurate?  I tried looking up where I saw it but couldn't find.  So, if I go on a date to a pub and have a date at my house and both are gold medal would they both count as two of the required parties?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #957 on: April 22, 2015, 03:31:21 PM »
@Joria I believe it's called party at a friend's house in the rules section.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #958 on: April 22, 2015, 04:00:16 PM »
@Joria

If you run out of parties type, then yes you can recycle the parties at different location and count them.  I mean, you can't use date in five different locations as your requirement, because you still have other options available.

Found on page 30 (2nd post)

Yeah once you run out of different types of events (date, house party, etc) then go ahead and change the location and I am okay with the new location counting towards the requirement.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #959 on: April 22, 2015, 04:48:07 PM »
Thanks, Nutella.  How can you run out of parties though?

----------
My No Buy Story