Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698028 times)

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #825 on: March 19, 2015, 08:53:06 PM »
I have always wondered if sims actually would repair something on their own free will.  That has never happened to me in any sims game I have ever played.  It would be especially difficult since it seems like in sims 3, a sim wouldn't die unless they were already singed.  Then in the sims 4, they may die if they are dazed.  In sims 2, their needs would have to be really low. 

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #826 on: March 21, 2015, 02:48:34 PM »
I have always wondered if sims actually would repair something on their own free will.  That has never happened to me in any sims game I have ever played.  It would be especially difficult since it seems like in sims 3, a sim wouldn't die unless they were already singed.  Then in the sims 4, they may die if they are dazed.  In sims 2, their needs would have to be really low.

Yeah, I don't think I have ever seen or heard of a Sim that autonomously repaired an appliance. I don't think its possible for that type of death to be "legal" for the challenge, because the "Repair" action is (presumably) always player-directed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Cristina

« Reply #827 on: March 21, 2015, 04:25:26 PM »
Actually, I think I had a handy sim repair a broken stereo once autonomously in the Sims 3 but it happened once in years. By the way, he ended up dead  :(

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #828 on: March 21, 2015, 04:56:17 PM »
@Cristina Are you sure that it was a handy sim?  Handy sims are immune to electrocution. 

Cristina

« Reply #829 on: March 21, 2015, 05:51:23 PM »
Oh I'm so sorry, you're right, I just assumed because he was in the military, no his wife was handy. But yeah he did it himself (without the handy trait). It was the first time it happened without me instructing them to do so.

Offline Dressagelover

• Nooboo
« Reply #830 on: March 23, 2015, 06:51:03 PM »
Wow complex! took me twenty minutes to work my way through! lets hope I get my tournament challenges done so I can tackle this :)

Offline alisonclaire

• Nooboo
« Reply #831 on: March 24, 2015, 01:07:30 PM »
Hello everyone!

Terribly sorry if this has already been answered, but how much money are we supposed to have in the beginning? I followed the directions to get my big lot and still have 10k.

That seems like way too much! Did I miss something? Maybe I just didn't read carefully enough... ???

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #832 on: March 24, 2015, 01:30:32 PM »
@alisonclaire
10K is correct.  It is a lot more money than the immortal dynasty in sims 3, boss was feeling generous while writing up this challenge.

Offline alisonclaire

• Nooboo
« Reply #833 on: March 24, 2015, 01:37:18 PM »
Thanks for the reply! I feel like I am living in Buckingham Palace, what with having a toilet AND a stove right away...  :P

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #834 on: March 26, 2015, 04:31:59 PM »
Just wondering now that the ability to paint portraits has returned via the free update today, if the rules for the ID will change to reflect this?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #835 on: March 26, 2015, 04:43:31 PM »
Maybe.  Testing this right now, will let everyone know soon.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #836 on: March 26, 2015, 05:16:34 PM »
The decision we came up with is yes, you can use cheat to change the last name of the dynasty spouse, but you must do it as soon as possible. 

For those of you that already moved in their spouses, you have permission to change their last name now.  For future dynasty players, please change the spouse name as soon as they move in, no waiting.  The using cheat to change last name is of course optional, you do not have to do it if you don't want to.

March 26th, 2015 New Patch -- You can now go into Create A Sim and change the name of any of your Sims.

Before this new patch, we allow players to use cheat to change the last name of dynasty spouse.  After today's patch, the cheat is no longer needed or allowed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #837 on: March 26, 2015, 08:35:47 PM »
Will we be able to use the new eggs as museum pieces?  There are 10 different designs or you can collect multiples of any design.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #838 on: March 26, 2015, 09:03:23 PM »
Just wondering now that the ability to paint portraits has returned via the free update today, if the rules for the ID will change to reflect this?

March 26th, 2015 New Patch Update:

There will be no new requirements added to the rules.  We will not be adding portraits as a requirement by itself, however you can paint portraits and add them to museum (under paintings category).

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #839 on: March 26, 2015, 09:09:56 PM »
Will we be able to use the new eggs as museum pieces?  There are 10 different designs or you can collect multiples of any design.

Discussing this right now.  One thing everyone needs to consider is that these eggs are only available in April, I am not sure if the eggs collected will vanish when May rolls around. 

anything