Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698115 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1245 on: June 10, 2015, 12:07:27 PM »
Thank you, Tom!  I might actually make it past founder this time so was planning for the future.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1246 on: June 10, 2015, 12:54:31 PM »
Is it okay to count the computer brain inventing thingy from the science career as a friend. You don't need the insane trait for this one.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1247 on: June 10, 2015, 01:32:59 PM »
Is it okay to count the computer brain inventing thingy from the science career as a friend. You don't need the insane trait for this one.

Rachel

Sure, Rachel. As far as I know the rules never stated that the friendship requirement had to be Sims - so anything goes as long as they/it appear in the relationship panel and have the required strength.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #1248 on: June 10, 2015, 04:39:10 PM »
Ruling question:

I have a cow plant.  I make one of my helpers eat the "cake" in order to get the essence.  Following that, the helper goes and eats the cake automatically while they still have the moodlet, before I can notice and stop them from doing so.  Does that fail my dynasty, or would that be considered accidental?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #1249 on: June 11, 2015, 09:54:40 AM »
Oof.  I just had my spare child go from 2 creative skill to 10 while she was building her Motor skill with keyboard commander. 

A search of the EA forums has mentions of this bug, but no known reason why it happens.  it apparently only happens when playing keyboard commander.  My heir didn't get the bug, because she already had max creativity before I started working on her motor skills.

Fortunately she's *not* my heir and she is in the Motor skill aspiration, so her creative suddenly maxxing out on her didn't add to her aspiration points.

You may need to rule that no kid plays it unless they have a maxxed creativity skill.  I need to know if I can keep going with this game, or roll back to a previous save.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1250 on: June 11, 2015, 11:53:55 AM »
I'm trying to complete my founder's party requirements and I have a question about hosts.  If I use two hosts will both get credit for a gold medal?  Not sure if this is posted in the right thread, so apologies if so.

If your founder is the one that needs the party requirement, your founder should be the one to throw the party, one host. 

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1251 on: June 11, 2015, 12:03:47 PM »
Ruling question:

I have a cow plant.  I make one of my helpers eat the "cake" in order to get the essence.  Following that, the helper goes and eats the cake automatically while they still have the moodlet, before I can notice and stop them from doing so.  Does that fail my dynasty, or would that be considered accidental?

Yes, this is consider accidental death.  You are free to continue playing the challenge. 

Be careful, if this happens again in the same dynasty the team might not rule this accidental the second time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1252 on: June 11, 2015, 12:06:35 PM »
Oof.  I just had my spare child go from 2 creative skill to 10 while she was building her Motor skill with keyboard commander. 

A search of the EA forums has mentions of this bug, but no known reason why it happens.  it apparently only happens when playing keyboard commander.  My heir didn't get the bug, because she already had max creativity before I started working on her motor skills.

Fortunately she's *not* my heir and she is in the Motor skill aspiration, so her creative suddenly maxxing out on her didn't add to her aspiration points.

You may need to rule that no kid plays it unless they have a maxxed creativity skill.  I need to know if I can keep going with this game, or roll back to a previous save.

Yes you can keep going with this game.

Team - should we add another rule in about the keyboard commader bug?  Or should we leave it and deal with bug individually (like have them use cheat to lower the creativity score)?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1253 on: June 11, 2015, 12:12:01 PM »
I'd rather the solution that doesn't involve cheating.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1254 on: June 11, 2015, 12:43:31 PM »
Team - should we add another rule in about the keyboard commader bug?  Or should we leave it and deal with bug individually (like have them use cheat to lower the creativity score)?

I'd rather the solution that doesn't involve cheating.

Agree with Trip. Let's ban a child playing that particular game unless they already have maxed Creativity.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #1255 on: June 11, 2015, 12:44:29 PM »
Isn't playing that game necessary in order to do the rambunctious scamp aspiration?  They need to make a high score in a typing game.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #1256 on: June 11, 2015, 12:53:46 PM »
Isn't playing that game necessary in order to do the rambunctious scamp aspiration?  They need to make a high score in a typing game.

Clay is correct.  From my experience with the bug however, it doesn't happen immediately, you should be able to get the high score without it going off.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1257 on: June 11, 2015, 01:53:39 PM »
Plus, I thought in the case of non-immortals, things like cow plant death, when not deliberate, and gaining aspirations others have maxed, didn't matter.  It only mattered if two heirs maxed out something like creativity and you wanted it for a unique aspiration.  So my helpers and spares, (non-immortals), can all share aspirations, skills, careers etc. without it ruining a dynasty.

Non-Immortal household members (spouses, spare children, and other live-ins) are not tied to the same restrictions as immortals. They are free to choose any careers, skills, etc.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1258 on: June 11, 2015, 02:09:10 PM »
Joria is right, that is why I say MissTrips can continue with her game.

For heirs though, its going to be a little tougher.  We cannot ban keyboard commander, yet the bug exist and we rather not use cheat to solve the problem.  May I suggest putting a line in the rule that warn players NOT to use keyboard commander to level motor skill (use monkey bar instead) and to save prior to playing keyboard commander for rambuctious aspiration?  If the bug goes off while the player is trying to finish the aspiration, we can always have them go back to the save and try again.  Thoughts?

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #1259 on: June 11, 2015, 02:34:53 PM »
I know that I am not a moderator, and my opinion really doesn't mean anything but in terms of my immortal dynasty I play sometimes, I wanted to add something to this leveling creative while playing keyboard commander debate.  In my opinion, it is easy enough to do every childhood aspiration in the span of being a child if the player chooses to.  Even if you did rambunctious scamp before artistic prodigy and ended up getting the creativity skill bug playing the game, what is really to gain here?  You would still have to do every step of the artistic prodigy aspiration, which pretty much levels creativity itself.  Maxing the skill alone does nothing for your sim, only if you complete the aspiration do you get the reward trait.  So, I don't see why it matters.