Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698171 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1035 on: May 05, 2015, 07:03:07 AM »
@Nutella Looking back at Sims 3 immortal dynasty, can we have a heir marry someone that ALREADY has children in another household? Like if we have a spare living with them that is doing some town populating, can That spare be a spouse for a heir? Make since?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1036 on: May 05, 2015, 08:39:05 AM »
Amendment

Your 7th generation firstborn must be a female. She will need to become pregnant without adding a spouse to the household to bring in the 8th and final immortal.

With the new patch, we can influence baby gender using strawberry + pop music, the CAS cheat is removed from the ruleset.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1037 on: May 05, 2015, 09:44:57 AM »
@sdhoey
Team has decided yes.  Your heir can marry someone that ALREADY has children in another household.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #1038 on: May 05, 2015, 11:44:11 AM »
Well, that's a nice thing for EA to do, giving us the old Apples-Watermelon trick back in a new form. I was going to do some mad science in my Immortal Dynasty, but now I can't, but...

NVM.

I will still lurk on the forums and read the wonderful challenge stories here while I do other things on the computer, but I've officially retired from playing The Sims forever and removed The Sims from my computer and got rid of my Sims 4 hard copy. I am busy reaching 40 Platinum Trophies on my PS3 and I don't want to be a downer but after reading all the horror stories about bugs on GTW, I am using the $100 to buy more PS3 games instead of GTW. I wish all of you luck in your stories. Farewell for now.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1039 on: May 05, 2015, 12:40:13 PM »
@Joria Click on the pregnant Sim and you have an option to have the baby at the hospital when she goes into labour. You can choose to go along with the Sim or have a rabbithole birth.

That's what I thought but when I tried that I did not get that option.  I'm assuming she was too far along in delivery.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1040 on: May 05, 2015, 02:56:33 PM »
@Joria Yes, it's best to do it as soon as the notice comes up.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1041 on: May 05, 2015, 03:28:54 PM »
@sdhoey
Team has decided yes.  Your heir can marry someone that ALREADY has children in another household.

Just to clarify this... so, for example, in my dynasty I have a sim in my house who I have used to make nooboos in 6 other households. Could my current heir now marry/hook up with/ him and have a nooboo that would now be the future heir?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1042 on: May 05, 2015, 04:12:48 PM »

Just to clarify this... so, for example, in my dynasty I have a sim in my house who I have used to make nooboos in 6 other households. Could my current heir now marry/hook up with/ him and have a nooboo that would now be the future heir?

Yes. 

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1043 on: May 06, 2015, 02:12:26 AM »
My Gen5 heir will be doing the Freelance Botanist aspiration and I have a question about what that entails.

For Angler Ace, the heir needs to catch all 18 different fish him/herself.  (I love the new Notebook; now I don't need to keep track in fishbowls.)
Following this logic, what exactly does an heir with the Freelance Botanist aspiration need to do?
Replant and resplice the entire garden? (I hope not....)
Or may the heir simply use a separate area to plant and grow one of each plant variety to maturity?

I have the feeling this question has already been asked and answered, but I searched the forum and couldn't find this information.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1044 on: May 06, 2015, 09:54:07 AM »
Freelance botanist doesn't require all the plant variety to be planted.

STAGE 1
Plant Something 3 Times (50) -- your heir can plant anything, just need to plant it 3 times.
Weed or Water Plants 10 Times (75) -- your heir can weed or water any plant in your garden already.

STAGE 2
Achieve Level 4 Gardening Skill (350)
Evolve 5 Different Plants (500) -- your heir can evolve plants that are already in your garden.

STAGE 3
Achieve Level 6 Gardening Skill (500)
Graft onto 3 Plants (400) -- your heir can graft onto any 3 plants already in your garden.
Fertilize 5 Plants (200) -- your heir can fertilize any 5 plants already in your garden.

STAGE 4
Achieve Level 10 Gardening Skill (750)
Grow a Cowplant (1000) -- this is the only plant your heir needs to plant and grow himself/herself.
Evolve 10 Excellent Plants (1000) -- your heir can evolve any 10 excellent plants already in your garden.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1045 on: May 06, 2015, 10:18:39 AM »
Thank you for the very explicit explanation, Nutella.
The garden is already perfect quality, but I've saved a half dozen non-perfect plants for evolving, fertilizing, and grafting.
Your quick response is very much appreciated.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1046 on: May 06, 2015, 08:09:36 PM »
@oshizu , just be careful with relying on the notebook... my heir has mounted every type of fish she has caught and it shows her name as the catcher when you hover your mouse over the mounted fish... but according to her notebook there are mistakes. One fish shows as being caught (but she hasn't ) and two she has caught don't show up!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1047 on: May 06, 2015, 10:57:58 PM »
@Playalot, Thanks so much for the warning about the Notebook.  And here I thought it would be foolproof!

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #1048 on: May 07, 2015, 12:24:55 AM »
Evolve 5 Different Plants (500) -- your heir can evolve plants that are already in your garden.

Evolve 10 Excellent Plants (1000) -- your heir can evolve any 10 excellent plants already in your garden.

Both of those only require that there be that many evolved plants. They will happily auto-complete for you upon unlocking the relevant tier if they are already present.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1049 on: May 07, 2015, 02:22:15 AM »
If your heir dies and your Sim and spouse are young enough to have another, can they have another heir or is it game over?  If they have and heir and a spare, can the spare become the heir in case of death?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery