Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 706056 times)

Offline yameanoda

• Nooboo
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1335 on: July 20, 2015, 03:33:45 PM »
Oops. thanks for that. i will read everything again before actually starting to play. just created my foundress and have her first living space built.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1336 on: July 20, 2015, 03:37:20 PM »
Bug #1 -- Impartial relationship.  They are a few workarounds for this: (A) Destroy the relationship till they disappear from the R panel, then meet them again. (B) Romantic interactions then break up with them, the relationship will goes to friends or just friends. (C) Find different sim to be friends. :'(

I don't think that any of these workarounds are fair in terms of a dynasty. It takes too long to be working these out and places extra time pressure on the player when in reality the game just is not working as it should. These workarounds do not always produce a friend/good friend.

Could we not just be honest about friends too and when the green friendship bar is 80% full claim that sim as a good friend?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1337 on: July 20, 2015, 03:45:50 PM »

I don't think that any of these workarounds are fair in terms of a dynasty. It takes too long to be working these out and places extra time pressure on the player when in reality the game just is not working as it should. These workarounds do not always produce a friend/good friend.

Could we not just be honest about friends too and when the green friendship bar is 80% full claim that sim as a good friend?

I am okay with that.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1338 on: July 20, 2015, 04:19:00 PM »

I am okay with that.  Sorry but I didn't know impartial bug doesn't affect the green bar.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1339 on: July 20, 2015, 04:44:19 PM »
Thank you for your fast replies.

I've just realized that this 'friendship bug' also effects children and in particular the childhood aspiration 'Social Butterfly'. I don't even know what to suggest. It becomes very difficult to get the step 2 completed. It is sometimes possible to make a BFF if it is a brand new generated townie but not guaranteed and then step 3 is tricky again getting enough friendships to register. I've only play tested this through once and luckily made a best friend with a random townie walking along the street although there was no option to be BFF on any family member. Then I couldn't get enough friendships with other children to register.

Do we use cheats, which I hate doing... or do we just keep trying? I don't know. *shrug*

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #1340 on: July 20, 2015, 09:33:05 PM »
07/20 NEW RULING:

The team came together and also decided that players are allowed to placed "MAXIS CREATED" buildings in their game.  When you go into gallery, look under "My library", you will see 32 buildings (hopefully I counted that right).  These buildings are approved to be placed in your dynasty game.

Question on this:  can you replace other buildings with them, or must they be placed on empty lots?  I've got a bunch of never-filling houses, including my neighboring house, could I level it and put a spa there instead?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1341 on: July 20, 2015, 09:54:02 PM »
Question on this:  can you replace other buildings with them, or must they be placed on empty lots?  I've got a bunch of never-filling houses, including my neighboring house, could I level it and put a spa there instead?

If the houses are empty, I don't have any problem with replacing them with buildings.  Let's hear what the other team members have to say about this.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1342 on: July 20, 2015, 10:06:58 PM »
If the houses are empty, I don't have any problem with replacing them with buildings.  Let's hear what the other team members have to say about this.

I don't know -- we have 15 empty lots in Newcrest. As far as traveling time is concerned, it takes just as long to go to the lot next door as it does to go to a different world, so you don't gain anything. And although the game is slow to fill empty houses, if you remove one empty house, you might reduce the chances of getting anyone moved in. So I'd say not to.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #1343 on: July 21, 2015, 04:28:22 AM »
I've had every one of my houses empty since about generation 3.  They've never refilled, possibly due to it being an older save, but as far as I know, even in newer games the houses stop populating after a couple generations. 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1344 on: July 21, 2015, 05:17:42 PM »
I've had every one of my houses empty since about generation 3.  They've never refilled, possibly due to it being an older save, but as far as I know, even in newer games the houses stop populating after a couple generations.

True.  Although I have had a couple of houses filled by "new" townies, and once even an erstwhile "homeless" got a home.  Pollinating doesn't seem to make a difference either, as far as I can tell. 

For the friendship bug, has anyone tested out having someone you've met before the patch get invited to your lot and then tried to make them a friend or bff?  If this works, it could maybe also work for the social butterfly aspiration for kids if enough children were known in advance.

As for putting those buildings down, I think Marian T has a good point.  We've got an entire town we could fill up first and it could even be interesting to do so and make it the place to go for fun and recreation.  Once it's filled up then put any other buildings down elsewhere.

EDIT:    I just tested out various ways of making friends.  If they are someone you DO NOT know, just walking by, and you greet them and start the friendship routines, you can make them good friends.  If they are someone you met elsewhere and ask them to hang out on your lot, the relationship never gets past impartial even with the green bar full.  I did not try making that person an enemy and then starting a friendship.  I used tce and world needs filled and no decay to folks from wandering off to pee, eat or sleep.  It took a full Sim day to make a good friend so without using a cheat I can't see where you could make a friend without them leaving or having to ask them to move in or something.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1345 on: July 22, 2015, 02:50:56 PM »
@Joria,

that's been my experience with this bug too. If it's a newly spawned townie then you can make friends with them but only if they don't run off or break the conversation before you are friends. I've even managed to get the option to be BFF with a newly spawned townie.
However any older friends that have slipped down to just friends or back to acquaintances just can not be reestablished into a friend/good friends again despite the green bar being full. Even with making them enemies or romantic interests etc it's not 100% a sure thing that they will become friends... and it's very time consuming.
With children I found it really difficult and even though my test sim had filled the relationship bars of 5 other sim children (all she'd never met before) only 1 became a friend.

Least you know when your sim should be friends with another sim though, nearly filled green bar = good friend etc.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1346 on: July 22, 2015, 04:25:18 PM »
This has really messed up dynasty play as far as I'm concerned.  I've got my founder with all her requirements filled and ambrosia eaten, but what about the heir?
I'll miss out on Social Butterfly and worse, she won't be able to fill her friends requirements unless/until they fix it.  Yeah, I could continue and not bother to do the Social Butterfly aspiration because she is still a child, and hopefully it will be fixed before it's too late for her.  The question is, do I or anyone else take that risk?  I'm wondering if it is this or the new spa that is causing so few additions to story lines?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1347 on: July 22, 2015, 04:55:48 PM »
I wonder if getting the Incredibly Friendly reward can help with the bug? I know that it can make your sim friends with another sim on getting introduced -- does that help bypass the Impartial status?

I haven't been playing my dynasty for a while because my heir is getting close to the time when he'll have to start making friends. Also, there's hardly anyone left in town -- another problem.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #1348 on: July 22, 2015, 08:45:30 PM »
Incredibly friendly helps a lot with this bug; if you can make friends with the person you just met before you need to travel again...Also, it's a bit early to tell, but today's patch may have helped.  Haven't played enough to know whether the improvement is due to patch or just being very careful about mixing schmoozing and travelling. :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1349 on: July 23, 2015, 02:39:38 AM »
My test sim had Incredibly Friendly trait because my dynasty sims do and I was trying to test this all from a dynasty perspective. I still get sims stuck on impartial! Not every sim gets stuck but enough to make it a pain. I don't know about today's patch either as real life kept me too busy to play. Fingers crossed it fixed this bug as it's totally ruining my game and I refuse to play my dynasty until its fixed. My current heir is on the last step of the Friend of the World aspiration and I couldn't bear to have this glitch out and not complete due to friends not being friends anymore. I don't even want to start up the file!

anything