Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 705633 times)

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1320 on: July 11, 2015, 10:13:22 AM »
@Nutella : Oh well, you learn something new every time.
Thank you for the  permission and next time I need to do that aspiration I guess I will have to plan it out better.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1321 on: July 14, 2015, 06:18:45 PM »
Any update on the new GP, ( the spa), and whether we can add it or use the new skills etc?  So far it really looks awesome.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #1322 on: July 14, 2015, 06:27:32 PM »
Any update on the new GP, ( the spa), and whether we can add it or use the new skills etc?  So far it really looks awesome.

Ditto here, I'm not touching mine until I know the word on this.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1323 on: July 14, 2015, 06:38:02 PM »
So far so good, everything looks fine.  I do need help in checking out if the wellness skill or any items with the new xpac that does extend life.  You can place the spa building and use the new xpac stuff in your dynasty, as long as you avoid doing anything that will extend life.

Remember, anything that extends life will be banned ... I just didn't search through enough to know if any actions or items that will do that.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1324 on: July 14, 2015, 06:55:49 PM »
I placed mine in a separate file in Newcrest.  Will test out life extension.  Hoping there aren't anythings that could be a ploy.  One concern is death by sauna.

EDIT:  So far so good, although I'm disappointed that there are no aspirations to go with Wellness skill nor any careers.  I'm really pleased that you can actually use the drink tray which could really help at parties.  The drinks increase your fun pretty quickly and any of the hands on features fill your social needs faster than just chatting.  Massage also fills fun but foot and hand massages do not.  The sauna not only gives you a plus one Happy, (until you stay in too long), but also boosts confidence.  I've set up a zen/massage/yoga room with everything except the sauna so will see how that works in a home setting.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1325 on: July 15, 2015, 04:02:37 PM »
So far so good, everything looks fine.  I do need help in checking out if the wellness skill or any items with the new xpac that does extend life.  You can place the spa building and use the new xpac stuff in your dynasty, as long as you avoid doing anything that will extend life.

Remember, anything that extends life will be banned ... I just didn't search through enough to know if any actions or items that will do that.

There are 3 different venues plus a gym that includes some of the spa stuff.  May we place them all as they all feature different things.  None of the venues contains them all, and since they are not businesses/shops we can't own them.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #1326 on: July 15, 2015, 04:08:42 PM »
Maxis made a few extra one spas and a couple of gyms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1327 on: July 19, 2015, 01:21:14 PM »
There are 3 Maxis made spas, all with different spa features, none of them including all the features.  There is also a new gym that includes some spa features. How many of these buildings may we place?

Also, are you all aware of the "can't make friends" bug?  This could have serious repercussions if your Sim needs this requirement as a last step to ambrosia.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #1328 on: July 19, 2015, 07:08:30 PM »
There are 3 Maxis made spas, all with different spa features, none of them including all the features.  There is also a new gym that includes some spa features. How many of these buildings may we place?

Also, are you all aware of the "can't make friends" bug?  This could have serious repercussions if your Sim needs this requirement as a last step to ambrosia.

Yes, this bug is causing serious repercussions; can we get a ruling?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1329 on: July 20, 2015, 05:12:06 AM »
It seems there are maybe two 'friend' bugs. 1. Friendships get stuck at 'impartial' caused by traveling through a loading screen such as going to an active career or just going to or from a venue. 2. There is no option to ask to be BFF despite green bar being full and/or romantic bar being full along with full green bar.

No option to be friend/BFF link to the sims 4 bug reports.

If the team could make a ruling please as this is impossible to work around within the immortal dynasty rules. You can sometimes remake a friendship if you destroy an impartial friendship and become enemies but this takes a lot of game time up and doesn't always result in a 'friendship' status.  Also if a friendship does decay, although a quick chat will raise the green bar again to the 'good friend' level, your sims will not register as friends again, rather as 'impartial'. It's a bit of a game killer.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1330 on: July 20, 2015, 06:14:11 AM »
Well, I suppose the workaround for bug #2 is simply for the player to be honest and if the relationship bars are both green then they get to count it as BFF. I am not sure what to suggest with the traveling bug and the stuck relationship bar. Let's see what others say.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1331 on: July 20, 2015, 07:28:28 AM »
Bug #1 -- Impartial relationship.  They are a few workarounds for this: (A) Destroy the relationship till they disappear from the R panel, then meet them again. (B) Romantic interactions then break up with them, the relationship will goes to friends or just friends. (C) Find different sim to be friends. :'(

Bug #2 -- I agree with Metro.  Be honest and if the bars are both max green, you can count them off as BFF.

07/20 NEW RULING:

The team came together and also decided that players are allowed to placed "MAXIS CREATED" buildings in their game.  When you go into gallery, look under "My library", you will see 32 buildings (hopefully I counted that right).  These buildings are approved to be placed in your dynasty game.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #1332 on: July 20, 2015, 12:19:18 PM »
I have just started an unofficial Immortal Dynasty and haven't found these bugs yet. I managed to get Liberty Lee as a BFF despite having the update.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline yameanoda

• Nooboo
« Reply #1333 on: July 20, 2015, 03:06:21 PM »
Correct.

In a sense, yes.

About post ambrosia eating immortal, the next time they need the ambrosia again to keep them alive, must the requirements for friends still be there?
So, they need to carry on being friendly and making 6 good friends one of whom is a bff?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1334 on: July 20, 2015, 03:22:41 PM »
About post ambrosia eating immortal, the next time they need the ambrosia again to keep them alive, must the requirements for friends still be there?
So, they need to carry on being friendly and making 6 good friends one of whom is a bff?

No...

6. Have six Good Friends at the time of eating Ambrosia for the first time. Other Heirs can share these Good Friends except one needs to be a unique B.F.F (ask to be Best Friends). This B.F.F cannot be a Good Friend or B.F.F to any other Heir. Don’t worry if friendships deteriorate after Ambrosia has been eaten. Please make your best efforts to have your six Good Friends outside the household. This may be impossible later in your Dynasty if much of the town has died.

anything