Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 705921 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1635 on: January 02, 2016, 02:29:03 PM »
I would like to clarify what a venue party is, so I can feel certain whether the party below is eligible or not.

Though Gen4 had previously thrown a birthday party at home for himself and his twin (gold medal), he just threw one more a sim-week later for his spouse and a household helper at the Shrieking Llama Bar. We brought our own cakes and food (also a good medal).

Is this what is meant by a "venue party"? 
If not, we'll just throw another Spooky at home.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1636 on: January 02, 2016, 02:33:02 PM »
Okay, Thank you @MarianT . I only asked cause I stink at building unless I'm in the mood. That's okay, though, this will push me to build. The gallery just has me so lazy. With such amazing creations on the gallery I don't even bother anymore. lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1637 on: January 02, 2016, 03:32:26 PM »
I would like to clarify what a venue party is, so I can feel certain whether the party below is eligible or not.

Though Gen4 had previously thrown a birthday party at home for himself and his twin (gold medal), he just threw one more a sim-week later for his spouse and a household helper at the Shrieking Llama Bar. We brought our own cakes and food (also a good medal).

Is this what is meant by a "venue party"? 
If not, we'll just throw another Spooky at home.

Yes eligible.  Birthday party at a different venue (this case it is Llama Bar) is an example of "venue party".

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1638 on: January 02, 2016, 05:45:59 PM »
Yes eligible.  Birthday party at a different venue (this case it is Llama Bar) is an example of "venue party".

Yay, thank you @Nutella
I'd never actually tried that before.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1639 on: January 02, 2016, 07:40:14 PM »
Okay, I might drive ya'll nuts with the questions, but one more...

Do they have to wait until they are elders (and accomplished all the goals for that gen) to eat ambrosia or can they start eating it as soon as they accomplish the goals for that gen?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1640 on: January 02, 2016, 07:47:39 PM »
Okay, I might drive ya'll nuts with the questions, but one more...

Do they have to wait until they are elders (and accomplished all the goals for that gen) to eat ambrosia or can they start eating it as soon as they accomplish the goals for that gen?

They have to wait until they're elders.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1641 on: January 02, 2016, 07:56:43 PM »
And another question while I'm thinking about it. Once they reach the top of their career, can they quit or do they have to keep the job the entire length of the challenge?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #1642 on: January 02, 2016, 08:00:29 PM »
And another question while I'm thinking about it. Once they reach the top of their career, can they quit or do they have to keep the job the entire length of the challenge?

They can quit.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1643 on: January 02, 2016, 08:39:37 PM »
Thank you all so much! :)

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1644 on: January 03, 2016, 03:18:14 PM »
Okay... I have read thru ALL 66 pages and... man, wish I had done that before I started my Dynasty (It only took me from last night to now to get all that reading done :D )

And I have determined, I have to start my dynasty over. I didn't understand the rules until I read the pages. But, just to clarify a few things before I start again (and I am sorry for making you repeat yourselves)...

If Sim #1 has the connection trait as her unique reward, no other immortal sim can have that trait, correct? (That is one place I went wrong with my first try).

And if Sim #1 uses like the "inspired potion" as her unique reward, no other immortal may purchase them, even for personal use, but non-immortals may purchase them so that anyone can use it? (Sorry, editing cause I remembered another part to this question)... And if they do use the "Inspired Potion" as their unique reward, what do we do with it? Keep it in their inventory or just note it on the spreadsheet provided is fine?

My founder had Don as her BFF, before they got hooked up, but they did get married and lived together, so he no longer would be allowed as her BFF since she wasn't doing the soulmate aspiration, correct?

And, as for starting over... can I use my same sim? Not as she is now. No, that is not allowed, I know. But the copy that was made when I created her in CAS?

Okay, I think that is all. For now.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1645 on: January 03, 2016, 03:44:03 PM »
Okay... I have read thru ALL 66 pages and... man, wish I had done that before I started my Dynasty (It only took me from last night to now to get all that reading done :D )

And I have determined, I have to start my dynasty over. I didn't understand the rules until I read the pages. But, just to clarify a few things before I start again (and I am sorry for making you repeat yourselves)...

If Sim #1 has the connection trait as her unique reward, no other immortal sim can have that trait, correct? (That is one place I went wrong with my first try).

And if Sim #1 uses like the "inspired potion" as her unique reward, no other immortal may purchase them, even for personal use, but non-immortals may purchase them so that anyone can use it? (Sorry, editing cause I remembered another part to this question)... And if they do use the "Inspired Potion" as their unique reward, what do we do with it? Keep it in their inventory or just note it on the spreadsheet provided is fine? 

My founder had Don as her BFF, before they got hooked up, but they did get married and lived together, so he no longer would be allowed as her BFF since she wasn't doing the soulmate aspiration, correct?

And, as for starting over... can I use my same sim? Not as she is now. No, that is not allowed, I know. But the copy that was made when I created her in CAS?

Okay, I think that is all. For now.

Regarding unique rewards -- you're right, only one of your Immortals can have Connections as a unique reward. But if you want to use it for more than one, it can be a "free" reward. Keep in mind, too, that getting an A as a teen means the sim starts at level 3 of a job. It's really only necessary if your sim is doing the Renaissance Sim aspiration.

Non-immortals can purchase Inspired potions for your immortals if one of them has the Inspired potion as a unique reward. You don't need to keep the potion, just note it on your spreadsheet.

I think it's okay to have your  Immortal's spouse as the unique BFF, but keep in mind that the children usually become good friends with their parents.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1646 on: January 03, 2016, 03:48:41 PM »
Thank you, Marian! And is it okay to use my same sim, from the CAS save, in my new attempt or should I start completely fresh? I'm quite attached to her, already.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1647 on: January 03, 2016, 03:49:05 PM »

Correct.  If you claim it as unique, it is off limits for all other immortal sim. 

Correct.  If Sim #1 claim "inspired potion" as unique reward, no other immortal can purchase it.  However non-immortals are not tied to the same rules, they can purchase "inspired potion" and anyone can use it (including immortals).

No.  Don can still be the BFF, but you have to make sure he is the unique BFF.  This BFF (Don) cannot be a Good Friend or BFF to any other Heir.  Since Don is already in the household, it is very easy to accidentally become good friend with the future heir.  My suggestion is to get a unique BFF outside of the household and don't let that BFF know or befriend any of your immortal heirs.

The copy you made when you first created her in CAS right?  With no play time at all right?  If yes, you can use her.  We just don't want players to start with a sim that is saved after they have some skill levels.

Offline WriterJunkie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1648 on: January 03, 2016, 03:55:36 PM »

The copy you made when you first created her in CAS right?  With no play time at all right?  If yes, you can use her.  We just don't want players to start with a sim that is saved after they have some skill levels.

Yes, that's right. No play time, she just saved to the library when I created her (as all sims do).

Thank you, Nutella!! Off to start again. I'm much more excited/nervous about this restart... I think this is going to be much harder than I anticipated... which makes it even more fun! :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1649 on: January 03, 2016, 04:05:55 PM »
@WriterJunkie, I forgot to say -- I'm impressed that you read all 66 pages of the thread. Still, be glad you didn't try the Immortal Dynasty for TS3 -- that's at 416.