Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697604 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1575 on: December 15, 2015, 06:08:45 PM »
@oshizu I don't know if this glitch has been solved. If you do start again, don't delete the game file with Grim in a house at's pretty much the only time you will get to play grim with all his Grim-like qualities because if you add him to a house using cheats he loses all his 'special' abilities when you enter CAS.

I tried a few things to see if i could get Grim to reap but they didn't work. Try saving your file as a different name and evicting Grim then play a sim and kill them to see if Grim can reap properly. If he can than I would assume that evicting Grim will work for you. My sims just got stuck in a never ending cycle of mourning while Grim just stood there. Mind you, my file was pretty massive by then which and had already been subject to some pretty serious bugs so that definitely didn't help me.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1576 on: December 15, 2015, 06:58:12 PM »
@oshizu I don't know if this glitch has been solved. If you do start again, don't delete the game file with Grim in a house at's pretty much the only time you will get to play grim with all his Grim-like qualities because if you add him to a house using cheats he loses all his 'special' abilities when you enter CAS.

I tried a few things to see if i could get Grim to reap but they didn't work. Try saving your file as a different name and evicting Grim then play a sim and kill them to see if Grim can reap properly. If he can than I would assume that evicting Grim will work for you. My sims just got stuck in a never ending cycle of mourning while Grim just stood there. Mind you, my file was pretty massive by then which and had already been subject to some pretty serious bugs so that definitely didn't help me.
@Playalot   What a quick, insightful response!
I tried doing exactly as you said.  Saved my current file under its usual naming system, saved another "Grim as Townie" file, then saved a Testing file.
Oops, I didn't do exactly as you said, because I forgot to evict Grim from his house.
When I used a cheat to kill off one of my household members, though, Grim showed up right away and reaped him, after checking his tablet and stuff.
Next, I loaded the same test file and evicted Grim from his house before killing a sim. This time, too, he came right away, stood around a bit, then reaped the sim.
And by the way, what exactly are Grim's unique Grim-like qualities?

So, my file seems to be okay.  Now I need to PM the IDC team (and you) to check if the team approves my returning to my pre-test file...
(I know I'm only in Gen2 now but it is my ninth attempt... the last time I got to Gen6 then clicked on Renaissance Sim and completed it by mistake.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1577 on: December 15, 2015, 08:55:44 PM »
Oh no..lol, just noticed typos in my original post, welp! Grim's skills are his ability to float, his clothes (which he basically does not take off) and his voice, along with his ability to reap of course. He becomes pretty much a normal sim, although a tad strange looking, once he's been in CAS. I'm glad that solved the issues for you. @oshizu  I have no idea why Grim gets placed in a house, fun when it is not a challenge though. :)

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1578 on: December 18, 2015, 04:31:42 AM »
Basically I want to create a number of retail lots but not have to run everyone through the entire length of the dynasty.

I don't quite understand your plan here.  How do you not run everyone through the entire length of the dynasty?  Can you explain please?

@Teresa & @Magpie2012 are correct, grammar mistake. Whoops! Figured I would build up Newcrest with a number of different retail lots but didn't want to bother with running all of the stores the entire length of the dynasty. Can't recall why I thought it would be an issue with the rules to build up a lot and then sell it. Anyways, thanks to everyone ( <--- learning ;D) for the quick help.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #1579 on: December 18, 2015, 09:36:20 AM »
If we want to play in Windenburg and we evict one of the two families, are we able to put them in a house like we do the Landgraabs?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1580 on: December 18, 2015, 09:51:19 AM »
If we want to play in Windenburg and we evict one of the two families, are we able to put them in a house like we do the Landgraabs?

Yes.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #1581 on: December 19, 2015, 09:49:35 AM »
I'm not sure where to put this, and please move or remove as needed, but an Immortal Spouse Dynasty might be an interesting variation.

I guess this idea proceeds from reading many stories in which in which there's often that awkward conversation in which one kid is told they're immortal, but their sibling isn't. Maybe I'm sentimental. Instead, the direct line of descendants would not be immortal, but have the power to make the clump of pixels they love to be immortal. Everything would proceed as usual, except the moment the requirements are met, the spouse (whatever age they are) gets to eat ambrosia. If the founder married Don Lothario, for example, Don would be immortal.   
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1582 on: December 19, 2015, 02:43:09 PM »
My inquiry is about career rewards.

I vaguely remember playing a household in which career rewards became locked again, but I don't remember how.
A helper who'd maxed the Painter Extraordinaire career just died.
The top easel he unlocked is still available so I'm wondering if I need to stock up for future use.

Sorry for this question. I might have been playing a non-dynasty file and had household members move out or something like that.
Are career rewards permanently available to the household (since no one can move out), regardless of death?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1583 on: December 19, 2015, 03:11:58 PM »
@oshizu yes. Career Rewards are permanently available to that household in a dynasty situation.

@Heart Foam This probably isn't the place to discuss that (not sure where.. maybe misc thread?) but I agree. I'd love something like that where you can choose to keep loved ones immortal too. Dethduk has made a challenge where that is sort of possible. It's here link in his Double Time Dynasty project.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1584 on: December 19, 2015, 10:11:29 PM »
@oshizu yes. Career Rewards are permanently available to that household in a dynasty situation.

@Playalot  Thanks for responding so quickly!
Also regarding the dynasty lots, is the Oakenstead household the only one that just vanishes?  Or could there be a new rule where that household could be moved into an empty house?  Just wondering.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1585 on: December 19, 2015, 10:16:49 PM »
You'll have to wait for a challenge team member to answer that one! :)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1586 on: December 19, 2015, 11:07:18 PM »
Also regarding the dynasty lots, is the Oakenstead household the only one that just vanishes?  Or could there be a new rule where that household could be moved into an empty house?  Just wondering.

Sorry I am not catching the whole story here.  Do you have a Oakenstead household that vanish?  What happen exactly?

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #1587 on: December 20, 2015, 12:56:23 AM »
@Nutella I think what @oshizu is saying is if you start in Willow Springs, you have to start in the plot the Oakenstead household starts in. The instructions for that starting location is different to the other three/four starting locations, in that it reads that you get to relocate the other three families, but not that family. So, are we able to locate the Oakenstead household to another house should we elect to start in Willow Springs? @oshizu can correct me if I have misunderstood.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #1588 on: December 20, 2015, 02:05:02 AM »
There is no household in Oakenstead when you start the game. It's an empty house. The only two eligible lots with Sims living on them are the Landgrabb lot in Oasis Springs and the Villareal lot in Windenburg.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1589 on: December 20, 2015, 02:15:12 AM »
Hi y'all. I thought I'd just pop in and mention something. When the rules for this challenge were being written, I asked Metro to make the change to allow the Landgraab family to be placed elsewhere because they have been a prominent family in The Sims games. I thought it would be a shame to lose them in this challenge. So, that's why they are specifically named as the only family that has the option of moving into another house. Whatever Metro and the challenge team decide is all good. I just thought y'all might like to know the bit of history behind this particular issue.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."