Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707656 times)

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1530 on: November 13, 2015, 04:18:17 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply, Metro!

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #1531 on: November 16, 2015, 11:31:03 PM »
Sorry to hear of what happened, reggiko. That really stinks when you fail a challenge due to complete RNG. I have to avoid being playful because I tend to have too many happy moodlets and the instant I see Very Playful, I freak my shorts and drag the Sim to a mirror to calm them down. Anyways, here is to better luck with your second attempt.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1532 on: November 17, 2015, 08:44:53 AM »
Can heirs complete more than one child aspiration?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1533 on: November 17, 2015, 08:58:18 AM »
Yes, children can complete as many childhood aspirations as they can manage.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1534 on: November 17, 2015, 09:30:47 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply  :D

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #1535 on: November 19, 2015, 10:51:04 PM »
I'm up to Gen 4! :)

I have  a question about NPC's not in homes, like the librarian, mail carrier, etc. What happens if they get pregnant? Can they even get pregnant? Do they stay "Not in World" or does the game move them into a lot? Unthinkingly, I moved one of Don's sons in to be the next pollinator only to realize after the fact that he is related to almost all of the females of YA age! I did have other pollinators, but they mostly produced males with, um, unfortunate genetics. Anyway, that was definitely a <slaps forehead> moment.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1536 on: November 20, 2015, 02:02:20 PM »
Yes, they can get pregnant.  No, the game doesn't always place them in a home but once in awhile, depending on the current population, it might do just that.  If they are homeless both the mother and child might be culled by the game.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #1537 on: November 23, 2015, 12:14:12 AM »
Hi everyone. I just got back into the game and started my second try at this. The first one failed due to my stupidity as I used roses that the founder did not care for completely himself. I took some time off the game to try some other games and now I've started my second run. All was going great until my founder was about 10 days into his adult span. He had completed two aspirations, had his skills, rewards, parties and whims all done. Then I realized that he hadn't even stared a career yet and this isn't Sims 3 where I can max a career easily.
Oops.
So my founder, Lazarus Long, just got home from work where he hit level 10. His age bar is bubbling and I got the pop-up warning of imminent death. I had the ambrosia waiting. My hands were sweating and I was sitting on the edge of my seat up until the time he finished it. His family kept interrupting his meal and he would get up and walk around the table to sit closer. I would scream and cancel the interactions so he would eat.
Finally when his age bar reset, I saved the game and took a walk around the block to relax. I think I had the "very tense" mood going for the last hour or so.
My only advice: Plan your whole sim's life out and don't forget to keep checking back in on your plan!
I just needed to tell someone who would appreciate - my friends all think I'm crazy when I talk about my games. Thanks everyone!

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #1538 on: November 23, 2015, 06:00:02 AM »
Nicely done, lvrugger, and I love your founder's name! Don't let the eyerollers get you down.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #1539 on: November 23, 2015, 06:09:51 AM »
Thanks, Ginj. I'm naming all the sims after my favorite Heinlien characters. First generation are Hazel, Castor and Pollux. I'm just pulling names out as they are needed so we'll see who gets used. I'm not doing a story as I found the story takes longer than the playing and that actually was what stopped some of my Sims 3 dynasties from finishing.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1540 on: November 23, 2015, 06:30:15 AM »
I know that tense feeling lvrugger.  My gen 1 and 2 are both elders now with 2-3 ambrosias eaten each but I still feel "very tense" as soon as I get the long life coming to an end message.... I even dream that I forget to make the ambrosia in time! Good luck with your next gens

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1541 on: November 23, 2015, 08:38:30 AM »
Congrats on your first immortal, lvrugger! Glad to have you back.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1542 on: November 23, 2015, 09:24:52 AM »
I had to laugh @lvrugger  with you shouting at your sim to eat his ambrosia and cancelling talking interactions etc. I was like that every time my elders had to eat ambrosia. Talk about tense! lol Congrats on your first immortal.
@tjtemple I had dreams like that too!! I even dreamt that my 8th heir forgot to go to school when he was a child, talk about a nightmare.  ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1543 on: November 23, 2015, 11:46:01 AM »
Is it ok to make the ambrosia ahead of time and just keep it in your inventory?  That way no stress over whether or not you have enough time to make it before the founder/heir are going to die.  You just always keep one "in stock".
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1544 on: November 23, 2015, 11:57:50 AM »
Yes you can make ambrosia ahead of time.  Food will get bad, but I'm pretty sure it will still work (reset age back to beginning elder).

One thing I worry though, will the sim automatically eat the Ambrosia if it is in inventory?  I usually just build a room with no doors and put ambrosia in there, safer that way (nobody can get in).

anything