Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 705871 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1515 on: November 01, 2015, 06:58:46 AM »
Death flowers are not allowed for anybody (plead with grim), but are allowed in game because you need death flowers to make Ambrosia.

Household members cannot complete the Bodybuilder Aspiration, use Potions of Youth, Essence of Life (from cowplant), Book of Life (from writing skill), Plead with the Grim Reaper to save a dying sim, use Age-Away Serum or any other methods of extending life.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Townie
« Reply #1516 on: November 01, 2015, 01:17:35 PM »
Thanks, that was the part I was worried bout.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #1517 on: November 04, 2015, 01:41:28 PM »
Is it permissible to move in a good friend or bff after all goals are met and ambrosia has been eaten?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1518 on: November 04, 2015, 02:56:28 PM »
Yes.  You can move in your good friend or BFF after goals met and ate ambrosia.  Remember anyone you add to the household cannot be removed later, they must die from old age and no intentional killing.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #1519 on: November 05, 2015, 11:44:49 PM »
So, my Dynasty was moving along quite nicely. My founder had achieved all of her goals and had eaten her first ambrosia. Gen 2 became a young adult and entered the astronaut career. Don had moved in early on and impregnated much of the neighborhood. Farley (my Gen 2 heir) was sweet on Don and Nina's daughter, Helena. They had become friends as teens and sweethearts as young adults. Helena moved in and quickly got pregnant with Gen 3. Friend and romance bars were nearly full and both Sims were very flirty, so I had Farley propose. She REJECTED HIM AND HE DIED OF MORTIFICATION!! I paused the game right after the rejection, placed a moodlet solver and queued it up. Hit play and got the notification that Farley was dying of embarrassment.

What may have caused this: Their friendship didn't stick from when they were teens. When Farley started wooing Helena, they were acquaintences, despite having a nearly full green bar, but had the "Just Friends" notation under that, I'm assuming because they had done some flirting as teens. They were "lovers" when I had him propose, which I assumed would override being friends. WRONG!! :)

Side question: What size should pictures be for the forum?

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #1520 on: November 06, 2015, 01:07:44 AM »
@reggikko 
Forum standard size is 800 x 600. If your picture gets warped, just go for the 800 in width and let the editing tool choose the height :)
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #1521 on: November 06, 2015, 02:10:53 AM »
Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1522 on: November 06, 2015, 05:03:23 AM »
What may have caused this: Their friendship didn't stick from when they were teens. When Farley started wooing Helena, they were acquaintences, despite having a nearly full green bar, but had the "Just Friends" notation under that, I'm assuming because they had done some flirting as teens. They were "lovers" when I had him propose, which I assumed would override being friends. WRONG!!

Farley died?  Sorry you have to restart your dynasty.  :'(

It doesn't matter whether you have friendship/romance bar full, the propose interaction is just random chance you get rejected.  Low green/pink bar means higher chance to get rejected.  Full green/pink bar DOESN'T mean it is 100% acceptance either, its just lower chance of getting rejected.  You were just unlucky and got hit with the reject.

During propose, I always make sure my sims are not in the VERY emotion state - if they get rejected, they will just be mortified instead of Very mortified.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1523 on: November 06, 2015, 05:15:58 AM »
She REJECTED HIM AND HE DIED OF MORTIFICATION!!

That's devastating @reggikko - thank goodness it wasn't 6 generations down! 

@Mods - I am thinking I might have my heirs out of wedlock to avoid this possible consequence; this is ok right as long as both parents are living in the founders home?

Thanks

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1524 on: November 06, 2015, 06:46:48 AM »
@tjtemple

Yes.  They don't need to be married, just need to be living in the dynasty/founder's house.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1525 on: November 06, 2015, 07:58:41 AM »
So sorry, Reggiko! Another way to avoid losing your heir -- move in the prospective spouse, try for baby, have the baby, and then have the spouse propose.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #1526 on: November 10, 2015, 10:58:10 PM »
Can an Immortal complete more than 2 aspirations provided no other Immortal completes the same ones and excluding Bodybuilder, of course.

Alternately, is it permissible to set aside aspirations that all Immortals are allowed to complete?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #1527 on: November 11, 2015, 08:13:00 AM »
Yes, to both questions.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #1528 on: November 13, 2015, 03:49:01 PM »
Well, it was time for my Gen 2 to age up to child. So, I clicked on the bassinet, and she aged up, first to child, and then immediately to teen!
I think it might be the case that the game happened to age her up on that same moment (it was roughly a day after the notice) and then my action aged her up again. Obviously a child shouldn't age up to teen by clicking on a bassinet.

So what should / can I do now? Go back to a previous save?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1529 on: November 13, 2015, 04:14:54 PM »
Yeah, Nandarelle - go back to a previous save.

anything