Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 706020 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2595 on: July 10, 2019, 01:22:51 PM »
@sdhoey :  Please explain why it would not qualify for HOF if I build such a place as we can visit any place in any world and still qualify for HOF, even if we remodel that place.  If I go visit the Landgraab's for instance, I could add or delete anything I wish in their home, cook there, (with the proper rewards), sleep there, shower, etc. and still qualify for HOF.  Hmmm, no, I think I get it.  Moving walls, and adding walls would do it.  BUT, what if no walls were added or removed?  Retain the basic structure of the wreck, and add what is necessary for facilities, including perhaps tents instead of rooms and picnic benches, grills, etc.,  instead of a restaurant?  Of course, it you change the lot from residential to park, or restaurant, could you maybe do that, since you can build your own restaurant, etc. for instance in Magnolia?  Or, if you choose to build a retail shop in Magnolia you can even put rooms in it to live in but still have your "legal" residence elsewhere.  You couldn't dial up a vacation and go there, you simply would dial up and visit, taking whatever vacation days you have and in your imagination would consider it a vacation spot.

PS:  Putting a pool in that area, since the latest update, causes the ground level to slope towards the pool instead of remaining flat which makes pool trim difficult if not impossible, ditto any tiles for surrounds/lounge area.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2596 on: July 10, 2019, 01:34:57 PM »
@Joria

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22195.msg407873#msg407873

Added:

Editing any lot other than your lot (home + retail) is banned, except for putting tombstones in substitute cemeteries.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2597 on: July 10, 2019, 02:34:05 PM »
@sdhoey @Joria: yes we should take the challenge team's posts as law but this is the item that's still in the official first page ruleset:

• You may edit community lots to add or rearrange objects such as microphones, easels, etc. You may also add on club hangouts. You still may not bulldoze community lots.

Joria, you read the rules right...might have to discuss if we'll change them though. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2598 on: July 10, 2019, 02:39:39 PM »
@sdhoey @Joria: yes we should take the challenge team's posts as law but this is the item that's still in the official first page ruleset:

• You may edit community lots to add or rearrange objects such as microphones, easels, etc. You may also add on club hangouts. You still may not bulldoze community lots.

Joria, you read the rules right...might have to discuss if we'll change them though. :P

@Trip I am in the process of getting all of Nutella's updates from the time the dynasty started till I took over sorted and put together, so I can put it in the updates section. I found the update to the one I gave Joria. I feel silly for that one.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2599 on: July 10, 2019, 03:25:32 PM »
Thanks, guys.  Still going to make it, just not for this game.  Still trying for HOF.  Totally had spaced you can't edit any other than Maxis lots, but I guess I was thinking any lot that appeared in game that was not someone's creation was EA/Maxis.  Guess it only is for their designated lots other than residences.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2600 on: July 17, 2019, 02:16:05 PM »
Ruling on Sulani Mana?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2601 on: July 17, 2019, 04:42:53 PM »
Ruling on Sulani Mana?

Joria, please allow time to research. When a decision is made, I will post it.

Shannon

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2602 on: July 17, 2019, 04:52:15 PM »
@Joria

1. This would against the rules at the start. No one can eat Ambrosia except for the Founder and qualified heirs.

2. So no, inviting an Elemental into the house just to get this trait would be banned. 

I will add this to the BANNED list ASAP.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2603 on: July 17, 2019, 04:56:59 PM »
ADDED: - BANNED - Hidden Trait: Sulani Mana. NO inviting Island Elementals to live in household.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2604 on: July 18, 2019, 01:01:18 AM »
Thank you.  I figured it would be but wanted to give you a heads  up in case you missed the post about it.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2605 on: July 29, 2019, 06:23:54 PM »
ADDED:

CAS Story Mode is BANNED for Hall of Fame IDC

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #2606 on: July 30, 2019, 09:46:06 PM »
Hi, team, I just wanted to know why the Elementals are banned given that they become mortal, human sims upon moving into the household? There's no ambrosia req for them or anything. Thank you for the clarification and I appreciate your hard work.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2607 on: July 30, 2019, 10:18:03 PM »
Hi, team, I just wanted to know why the Elementals are banned given that they become mortal, human sims upon moving into the household? There's no ambrosia req for them or anything. Thank you for the clarification and I appreciate your hard work.

If you "invite" them to be a part of the household, then ambrosia is required. You have two options, and the wrong one will fail you. As a team, we discussed this and it is also life-extending because they are already dead, a ghost, you are bringing them back to life. This all falls under life-extending.

I hope this answers your question.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2608 on: July 30, 2019, 10:38:14 PM »
Probably a stupid question and a no brainer, but.....if your founder dies/is killed, BUT leaves a living, viable heir and a second parent, is it game over or can you continue with the heir as the new head of household?  (Probably not because no ambrosia eaten by still young, founder.)

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2609 on: July 30, 2019, 10:40:44 PM »
Probably a stupid question and a no brainer, but.....if your founder dies/is killed, BUT leaves a living, viable heir and a second parent, is it game over or can you continue with the heir as the new head of household?  (Probably not because no ambrosia eaten by still young, founder.)

Sorry Joria, but it would over. Even if the founder has eaten ambrosia and still dies, later on, it would over. Sorry.

EDITED: Unless you are NOT going for Hall of Status. But the object is to have 8 living heirs at the end.

anything