Author Topic: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook (June11)  (Read 126891 times)

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
Re: Sunburst Dynasty - Shining Forever in Twinbrook
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2011, 04:49:43 AM »
I also agree. If you don't want to do the parade then you should not do one. You know we will read regardless!

We lubberz dynasties.

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2011, 07:29:55 AM »
What a great story lilygirl, and your house is amazing!  My poor wannabe dynasty family is still living in an ugly little square.   :D  I love your naming convention too, and I can't wait to see the next generation.  That was a very smart idea to move Mark in by the way. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2011, 04:47:30 PM »
There will be a "parade" girls, just for you. I actually had some fun with it so :P to me.

@ Thomas: Thanks for stopping by! I was initially going to name them according to my RL first language, but since it doesn't have a written component I decided my amusement would be minimal, and couldn't really be shared.

@ Simmerqueen: This is the first time I've actually built something "better" than a box house for a game before generation 2 maxed their career; Wunn's fishing expeditions turned out more lucrative than I thought they would! I'm glad you enjoy my house. I'm slowly renovating all the rooms into finished products.

@ Everybody: The Sunbursts are currently on an 11 day France trip so there will be a bit of time before a real update will be put together. Although, I can post the answer to one of my Next Week questions if you like.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2011, 06:54:18 PM »
I just read your dynasty and it is really good, and really original. Thanks.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2011, 07:14:39 PM »
@ ILoveDolls: Glad you like my story! Come back anytime.

Tu: Week 12 Part 1

Young Therie gets sent out to Dad's one stop fishing pond to try out the water slide he installed, as per request from Rachel. I never got the nerve up to try it as a teen but my little girl is spunky enough to try just about anything once.

I think she had a lot of fun, except she forgot about the part of getting wet and left her bathing suit at home. Didn't stop her though!

She gets some pretty good airtime before hitting the water below!

Dad says he has never seen the fish jump so high as the moment Therie hit the water!

~

On to the answering of one of last week's Next Week questions:

How long does Mom have? Well, she makes it to work Sunday night, and back home afterward. She even makes it to the kitchen. The Grim finds Mom, on her 95th day, doing what she loves the most - cooking someone's favorite meal!

Theo, Therie and I are there to say our good-byes.

Mom goes without a fuss or backward glance, like she knows everything is going to be OK.

Well, OK she makes a bit of a fuss - what a leap! We place her urn on the kitchen counter so she can greet Dad when he gets up tomorrow afternoon after a long night of fishing.

R.I.P. Lolly Racket Sunburst, 95 days
Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Friend, Culinary Genius, Photographer
She is survived by her husband, 2 sons, 2 daughters-in-law (almost), 2 step-children, and 3 grandchildren
She goes to join her grandparents, parents, 2 uncles, and brother

~

The family, what's left of us, take off for an 11 day trip to France to purchase Zo a vacation home and see the place where Marc, Mom, and Zo spent 9 days earning the vacation home, achieving a LTW, and collecting all sorts of creatures and rocks. Maybe this time we'll actually have time to hang out and just enjoy each other and the local culture!

See you in France! I'll try and get an update or two in amongst the nectar tasting, rolling countryside, and heart-wrenching sobs.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2011, 08:10:05 PM »
France Trip #2: Early Week 12 - The Vacation Home

Travelers: Wunn, Tu and Zo with Therie, and Theo. Wunn is going to pick up the Avornalino grape missed last trip, [*face palm*] fish for perfect frogs, snails, and crawfish, plant a garden, and collect stuff. Tu will be working on supermaxing sculpting and his charisma skill, hopefully get his LTW of Renaissance Sim. Zo will buy her vacation home and work on her Chess Tournament status. Therie will be cooking for everyone as the chef has died, and making friends. Theo is to max painting and photography to achieve his LTW.

Length of Stay: 11 days curtesy of Zo's Visa Level 3 status.

Flight Leaves: Right now!

~

Left up to the woman who earned the Level 3 Visa, my wife pickes her vacation home and names it: The Crocus House! We may need to change that after she goes, we'll see. She shoos us all onto our scooters and leads the way to our new home away from home. She has some serious connections here because the guys (gal) in charge of the renos get there and got them done before we get there! Talk about efficient.

Here are the pictures of our new vacation home. The changes are minimal as Zo loves almost everything about the house when she buys it.

The Dining Room to the left of the entrance: No changes here except the pot of flowers in the corner and a new window to balance out the new window put in in the second bathroom upstairs. Oh, and the wood floors are new.

The Kitchen: Mom would have loved this room! Everything is redone in here except the walls and ceiling light. The floor is new, as are the counters (original counter tops, though), cupboards, appliances and china hutch. The walk-through to the living room was closed off to enlarge the bathroom. Zo even found a child's oven for Therie.

The Living Space to the right of the entrance: All original except the floors, desk, and desk chair. Zo is really excited about the chess table! The bookcase is moved in here from the upstairs landing.

Downstairs full Bathroom: I believe, looking at it now with the fountain, the plan is to trade the shower for a bubble bath tub. Original walls and floor. New everything else, and it's bigger.

Upstairs Landing: Again, new floors. Zo orders the sculpting stone and easel for Theo and I.

Communal Singles Bedroom: New everything. The walls are mostly old, Zo just has the guys (gal) recolour the stripes to better match the butter yellow sheets she finds. Dad and Theo sleep in the front part and Therie gets some privacy behind the divider. This room has access to it's own en-suite bath past Therie's bed.

Private Couple's Bedroom AKA Master Suite: Minimal redos here. Floor is new. Zo finds new bed linens and lamp shades. She also has the desk chair recovered and a mirror put in behind the dresser. She's not sure if she's completely happy with the bed linens and is willing to take suggestions. This room also includes a private en-suite bath on the left.

Both upstairs bathrooms get new sinks, showers, tubs, toilets, etc. but really don't need their own pictures.

~

We will be back with more of an actual update in the near future, for now we are mending broken hearts and enjoying the new house.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2011, 11:25:38 PM »
R.I.P. Lolly! Awesome house Lily! And awesome update as well!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2011, 08:34:05 AM »
Awww. Bye Lolly.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2011, 08:51:44 AM »
RIP Lolly.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2011, 01:26:32 PM »
Thanks Esther, ILoveDolls, and Rachel!

I was living on borrowed time for Lolly but still hoping she would hang around until Therie's teen birthday because she was the only cook in the house! Oh well, the child's oven fills hunger just as well, I wish a blueberry muffin did that in real life.

And I'm serious about taking suggestions for the bed linens in the master bedroom in France. They just don't look right.

Looks like I'll get to play today. YAY! My husband has guys night later tonight so I'll get to play my challenge on the PC, but right now it's food and then my Dynasty!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2011, 02:15:08 PM »
I think something in a green and yellow check would look nice for the bed linen. Soft mute shades I think would work best.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2011, 03:08:35 PM »
That is such a fabulous vacation home!! and I'll miss Lolly :(

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2011, 02:15:48 AM »
Maybe the same colour as the Cream on the wall?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2011, 07:32:05 AM »
RIP Lolly

Love the water slide though!!  Great update  :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline kidakiwi04

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2011, 08:40:19 AM »
I just realized that I have never commented on your dynasty, shame on me because I adore your family.