Author Topic: Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs  (Read 407698 times)

Offline pepoluan

• Nooboo
Re: Sunset Valley 7.0 (ALGPStSnSs)
« Reply #495 on: December 12, 2014, 11:46:24 AM »
THIS WORLD IS NICE!!!  ;D

That said, I have been experiencing ScriptErrors, even on my own active sim!

Nraas ErrorTrap helped me identify two lots with problems:
  • Water Hole Juice Bar
  • Ultra Violet

In both locations, I got the following error:
Code: [Select]
System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x0000e callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Counters.Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Counters.BarAdvanced:EnqueueInteractionAndWait (Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Counters.BarAdvanced/BarInteraction,single) (3DAD5390 [4D506EE0] [90] )

My sim ordered a drink in the "Water Hole Juice Bar"... and got reset to his home.

Now, THE FIX: I managed to fix the one in "Water Hole Juice Bar" by deleting the "Professional Bar Dive Edition" and ALL the stools, then readding them.

(Haven't tried the one in Ultra Violet, but probably the same problem with same solution)

Note: I am playing the SV(ALSt) variant. YMMV with other variants.

So, this is just a heads-up. I still greatly enjoy playing this world  8)

Edit 1:

Pisces and The Under seems to be similarly afflicted.

Edit 2:

Paddy's Anchor also afflicted. It has 3 bars, I just replace them all. Also found out that Pisces actually has 2 bars; missed one the first time.  :-[

I also found out that Flying V Coffeehouse improperly autospawned the proprietor's spot in a place unreachable by the proprietor, causing continual "unroutable sim" alert by Nraas Overwatch. I have to place an explicit proprietor spot to prevent his tantrums.

Offline knightguy82

• Nooboo
« Reply #496 on: October 14, 2015, 07:13:32 PM »
does University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future add anything that should go into this? or cause it to be updated?
"Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler."  Albert Einstein

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #497 on: October 29, 2015, 10:28:43 AM »
If I remember this right, those three expansions you mentioned don't have lots that are needed in Sunset Valley itself. They add new worlds/neighborhoods. So no, they don't add anything that should be reason to update this neighborhood.

Hope I could help.

Offline Olly00000

• Nooboo
« Reply #498 on: November 10, 2015, 08:29:03 AM »
This looks great and I'm really excited to play it! Unfortunately at the moment the download link doesn't seem to lead anywhere. Any chance of an updated link? Thanks!

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #499 on: November 10, 2015, 02:36:52 PM »
Which link doesn't work for you?  There are different links for SV depending on what EP's you have.  I just tried the link for SV(ALGPStSnSs) as I have all EP's and it worked for me. 
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline Olly00000

• Nooboo
« Reply #500 on: November 11, 2015, 05:33:07 AM »
Huh, weird...I've been trying the same link, SV(ALGPStSnSs), but each time it times out and I get a network error from Mediafire. No idea what the cause could be then if it works fine for other people.

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #501 on: January 19, 2016, 07:01:47 PM »
I may be a few months late, but this world has been giving me problems with the Park Rig and Coffeehouse causing the Proprietors to get Unroutable (and subsequently caught by Nraas and reset), frequently occurring when a SimFest is announced (though the Coffeehouse one is constant) despite there not being any performance Sims in my save right now. Really bugs me constantly seeing Unroutable messages from those Proprietors.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #502 on: January 19, 2016, 07:17:45 PM »
Hi Junan,

I pmed Naga about the problems you're having. I was wondering if it's the community properties you're having issues with?  Or the actual town?

If it's the community properties, you may be able to try to delete them and replace them? To see if that helps them work better?
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #503 on: January 19, 2016, 08:07:23 PM »
Hi Junan,

I pmed Naga about the problems you're having. I was wondering if it's the community properties you're having issues with?  Or the actual town?

If it's the community properties, you may be able to try to delete them and replace them? To see if that helps them work better?

I frankly think it's something to do with the town, as Nraas pops up more than just the Unroutable proprietors in the form of numerous ErrorTrap messages on various Sims around town (sometimes with other module names like GoHere and StoryProgression or twice in quick succession).

I'll have to try replacing the Park Rig and Coffeehouse buildings in the meantime (I might experience some job switches on the Coffeehouse). Could the fact that my simCompostorCache file is 509k MB amplify that?

Update: Proprietors have fixed themselves, luckily; they seem to walk to the back-left edge of the show stage and if the Park Stage Rig or Coffeehouse is in the way, that's what causes Unroutable issues.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #504 on: January 19, 2016, 08:22:33 PM »
Yes it would be a good idea to clean out your game cache files every now and again. It helps keep the game running smoother.

Delete Game Cache Files
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg401809.html#msg401809

I'm happy to hear the game seems to be working better after replacing the community buildings :)
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #505 on: January 20, 2016, 03:39:26 PM »
I agree with the building point, though I also have a suggestion for Naga to potentially improve this:

I did a change of building placement and it works pretty well: I removed the Wilsonoff Community Theatre and replaced it with the Police Department that was originally underground below the City Hall. I then added the Hoi Polloi Event Center that's in the Community Lot bin up between the Landgraab and Alto households which removes my annoyance with underground buildings. Maybe he could switch those around?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #506 on: January 21, 2016, 07:03:09 AM »
Well, this one solved itself quickly! I'm glad you found a solution to this proprietor bug. Sadly, I stopped working on this town a long time ago, and don't even have TS3 installed anymore. Still, your suggestion might be helpful to others who come by.

Offline NeVeRLiFt

• Nooboo
« Reply #507 on: April 10, 2016, 10:45:33 AM »
Naga thank you so much for doing what you did with this town, I just love it so much and it's a wonderful base to expand and build on.

Offline lucky_d

• Nooboo
« Reply #508 on: May 11, 2016, 09:10:30 AM »
I know I'm pretty late to the party here, but this world is wonderful!

I hope someone can answer this for me:

Does anyone know if Sunset Valley 7.0 was created using patch 1.69? I'm asking because I am trying to track down some (allegedly) corrupt files in it that I don't have in any of my other worlds. I only have 1.67 and have hesitated to get 1.69 because it sounded like a lot of "interfacing with EA" stuff that I feared might cause more problems than it solved.

Specifically, I'm getting the crash in build/buy mode. I've run Delphy's Dashboard and it tells me I have corrupted TravelDB and ExportDB files in each one of the saves, dating back to the original one I downloaded here. HOWEVER...It also lists a non-corrupted version of both of those files in every save folder as well. In reality, there is only one copy of each of those files in the folders, but for some reason DD is listing it twice.

Anyway, I know this is waaaaay old, so I appreciate anyone who might take the time to give any insight about the patch level of SV 7.0. It's just an idea I had.

I love this world BTW and am so thankful for the work Naga put into this. On Sims games I always wait till they come out with the whole thing so I can miss most of the troubleshooting they expect those of us who buy the game to do for them, not to mention the fixes to their program they expect the brilliant creator community to generate on their behalf. If it weren't for the creators, this game would be unplayable. Getting it to run is almost like a mini-game in itself.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #509 on: May 11, 2016, 12:24:18 PM »
It was updated to patch level 1.42 (Seasons) and most likely created with patch 1.18 or 1.19 to start. -- It's compatible with 1.67.

If you're uncomfortable with Origin's patch 1.69 and you've got the full disc version. Then don't patch to that level. As like you said, it may cause problems. And make it to where you have to have Origin to play Sims 3. Which is annoying for some.

If you want to read up on the patch level information for yourself I have added some reference links below.

----------
Reference Links:

Sunset Valley 7.0 (ALGPStSnSs)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=3159.msg58770#msg58770

Sims 3 - Game Patch links
https://www.thesims3.com/game/patches