Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288253 times)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Maid of the Mist
« Reply #375 on: February 16, 2013, 04:08:49 PM »
You invoke so many different emoyions with every chapter....

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #376 on: February 16, 2013, 04:16:18 PM »
Oh, she's so pretty! It's so sad to think of Eunice leaving Eden, just like Freddie . . . it seems like those three could never die, y'know?

Have I mentioned how pretty Allegra is? She looks just like Ophelia!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #377 on: February 16, 2013, 04:17:34 PM »
So good to hear from the Classics again!

Allegra is so lovely! Her hair really suits her. Thank you for the pictures of Humberto in the SimFest ;D I love reading a chapter from Eden's perspective. She is still my favourite. So beautiful, this chapter. I like her deep and intuitive way of looking at things. I can hardly wait to hear more from Allegra, I think she will be a girl after my own heart!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #378 on: February 16, 2013, 04:17:56 PM »
Allegra is going to be a beauty.

"Maid of the Mist" makes me think of the boat you can take to get closer to Niagara Falls, but of course it works with your musings.  It's funny how immortal dynasties prompt people to think about mortality and impermanence.  "Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world: A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream, a flash of lightning in a summer cloud, a flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream."
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #379 on: February 16, 2013, 09:08:07 PM »

"And I thought, maybe that's what makes those sparkles.  Maybe they are made of happiness.  Even the last ones.  Nothing sad ever shimmered like that."

Holy crap, woman! You have a way with words, seriously. This line made me think of the poet Rilke and the ending of the Duino Elegies:

"And we, who always think of happiness
as rising, would feel the emotion
that almost overwhelms us
whenever a happy thing falls.”

At least that's one translation of it. Your updates always pack such an emotional punch. I love the odd mix of happy and sad in Eden's thoughts. Allegra looks lovely! I like the hair and the outfit.

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #380 on: February 16, 2013, 09:54:18 PM »
I'll miss Eunice when she's gone. But Allegra is so fun! Besides Eden, all of the immortals so far have been relatively sedate and the spouses or "helpers" have had the wilder personalities (Ophelia, Hiram, etc). Allegra ought to be interesting in that respect...
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #381 on: February 17, 2013, 11:09:05 PM »
You invoke so many different emoyions with every chapter....

Thanks!  I'm glad I'm able to communicate what I'm trying to get across effectively :)

Oh, she's so pretty! It's so sad to think of Eunice leaving Eden, just like Freddie . . . it seems like those three could never die, y'know?

Have I mentioned how pretty Allegra is? She looks just like Ophelia!

I know exactly what you mean.  Gen 4 was definitely the golden era of this particular dynasty.  She does look a lot like Ophelia, and her face shape is incredibly similar to Eureka's so far.

Allegra is going to be a beauty.

"Maid of the Mist" makes me think of the boat you can take to get closer to Niagara Falls, but of course it works with your musings.  It's funny how immortal dynasties prompt people to think about mortality and impermanence.  "Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world: A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream, a flash of lightning in a summer cloud, a flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream."

It definitely does make you reflect, which is funny for a game.  I find myself thinking a lot about who I'll be able to bring back after it's all said and done pretty often.

"And I thought, maybe that's what makes those sparkles.  Maybe they are made of happiness.  Even the last ones.  Nothing sad ever shimmered like that."

Holy crap, woman! You have a way with words, seriously. This line made me think of the poet Rilke and the ending of the Duino Elegies:

"And we, who always think of happiness
as rising, would feel the emotion
that almost overwhelms us
whenever a happy thing falls.”

At least that's one translation of it. Your updates always pack such an emotional punch. I love the odd mix of happy and sad in Eden's thoughts. Allegra looks lovely! I like the hair and the outfit.

Wow, thank you!  That makes me feel really good about my writing.  I love that snippet.  I'll have to look up the full piece.

I'll miss Eunice when she's gone. But Allegra is so fun! Besides Eden, all of the immortals so far have been relatively sedate and the spouses or "helpers" have had the wilder personalities (Ophelia, Hiram, etc). Allegra ought to be interesting in that respect...

That was not intentional, but now that you mention it, I can definitely see that.  I'll have to make sure Allegra gets to shine a bit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Stars and Stripes Forever
« Reply #382 on: February 17, 2013, 11:47:57 PM »
I am Allegra Classic, aka, the BEST CLASSIC.

I have an "eclec-tic fashion sense."  I like stars and polka dots and stripes and plaid and lots and lots of rainbow colors.  I like my clothes and my things to be bright and happy and awesome, just like me!

I do figure I'm only the best until I have a kid, because we just keep getting better and better.  This is my mom, Eureka.  She just made her second Simbot.

I didn't get to see the Simbot or meet the Simbot or whatever.  Oh no!  That'd just be too easy!  I had to stumble onto Cassidy and Cassandra Classic, abominations of steel and cogwork, during my family tree project.  How embarrassing.

"Daaaaad!  Why are there robots in my relationship panel?"

"Not now, Aly, I've got to go into another mineshaft looking for pink diamonds!"

"Whatever!"

It was a pretty big surprise though.  I know everything about our history.  I read all of Granny's books (in fact, I spent 40 minutes searching the bookshelf for Granny Classic until I remembered her name was Coralie). 

I want to be a flirt like Grandpa Hiram, I think.  And to be on stage like Dad.  I just want to be all sorts of the best.  School is pretty much a let down right now.  There's only one other kid in my whole class.  His name is Curt Bobo, but I just call him Bobo.

"We could go to prom one day, you know," he said.

"I'm pretty sure you'll be an elder by prom.  Being a paper boy and all."

"You're very bright.  Sometimes looking at you hurts my eyes."

"Are you negging me?"

"huh?"

Whatever.  I've got no time for boys right now.  And the magic 8 ball doesn't seem very optimistic about my future with them either.

Mom says I should learn to entertain myself, but I find that even the best playtime isn't much fun without someone to watch you.

Then I remember, I'm pretty much always being watched.  Oh, that's right, I know you're out there.  Granny wrote about the watcher and her "forums" and the "spectators."  Sure, sure, you might say it was her sci fi opportunity, but I know better.  I see you and you see me.  Let's just acknowledge that, okay? 

I don't even mind so much.  I understand the appeal.  Really, I do.

Plus, I figure it helps to know there's a whole world of Watchers out there who care when something hurts the Classic family.  For example, you know my Grandma Nini is getting pretty old.  She turned 100 recently.  You also know I love her lots.

So, I guess it's not a big surprise that one night, while we were doing homework, she sparkled for the last time.

It was awful.  I don't cry much, but it was the worst feeling ever.

Mom and Grandma Eden ran inside and they cried a lot too.  Death is pretty much the saddest.

The worst thing was that I had my ballet recital that night.  I wanted to go alone since everyone was so sad, but Mom and Dad insisted on coming with me.

Grandma Eden said she was very sorry but she had to go do something herself.

No one has ever said outright, but I'm pretty sure Grandma Eden is magic.  That night, it started to rain.  The rain wasn't normal, it was big hot raindrops and it made everyone act a little crazy.  When we came out of the recital people were singing and dancing and playing in puddles.  I had no doubt that Grandma Eden had done this for Grandma Nini.  As a goodbye.

That was the night Penni started sleeping with me.  She just wants to make sure I'm okay. 

Penni is a good friend.  I have always hated sleeping alone or being by myself, and Penni makes it easy to fall asleep at night.

That Bobo boy is already too old to hang out with, so I spend a lot of time with Penni when I'm not dancing or listening to Grandma Rosetta play the piano.  I guess you could say she's my BFF.

Sometimes she's out hunting for gems when I'm ready for bed, so I'll nap on the couch until she gets home.  She always licks my face awake and we go to sleep together.

But guess what!  Tonight, it was Grandma Mona Lisa that woke me, not Penni. 

"How are you holding up, kiddo?" she asked, and I knew she meant about Grandma Nini.

"Little better," I said.

"Did you forget that today is your birthday?" she asked, and then I realized she was right! 

Suddenly, I realized here was my chance to make a good goodbye to Grandma Nini! She always said I was her jewel-toned girl.  She made my room and my clothes and everything to be bright and happy just like me.  I could do the same as a teen.  I could keep Grandma Nini's vision alive!

Thinking about that made me feel ready.  And happy.  And excited!

The sparkles came for me while Granny Mona Lisa cheered. 

And boy, I just couldn't wait!  I could start on my supermax!  I could meet boys and go to prom and throw parties!  No more being a stupid kid!  Bring on the good stuff!

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Stars and Stripes Forever
« Reply #383 on: February 17, 2013, 11:52:58 PM »
Rest well, Eunice. You were an amazing mom and grandma.

I love Allegra's voice! She is so bright and happy and cheerful and did I mention bright? (Holy cow the clothes...!) Her personality is a lot of fun and I can't wait to see what she looks like as a teen!

Congrats on the second Simbot and here's hoping that the third one is coming soon! (And the way you incorporated them into Allegra's "family tree" project was hilarious!)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #384 on: February 18, 2013, 12:11:32 AM »

Allegra is just the cutest thing ever! I love her super bright wardrobe. I bet she grows up to be just stunning. That picture of her doing her homework is just . . . mind-meltingly adorable. It's hard to believe the magic eightball's prediction that she'll have bad luck with the boys. Then again, maybe she's like Eunice and just not that into them?

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #385 on: February 18, 2013, 12:13:09 AM »
Allegra is the brightest, most adorable child! I just can't wait to see her as a teen! Spread your color, Allegra!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Louise56

« Reply #386 on: February 18, 2013, 03:37:41 AM »
Rest in peace Eunice. Allegra is such a treat, I can't  wait to see her as a teen. :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #387 on: February 18, 2013, 09:49:15 PM »
Rest well, Eunice. You were an amazing mom and grandma.

I love Allegra's voice! She is so bright and happy and cheerful and did I mention bright? (Holy cow the clothes...!) Her personality is a lot of fun and I can't wait to see what she looks like as a teen!

Congrats on the second Simbot and here's hoping that the third one is coming soon! (And the way you incorporated them into Allegra's "family tree" project was hilarious!)

She was amazing.  I was genuinely sad to see her go.  Haha, I know her clothes are a bit much.  Maybe I went a bit nuts after all of Eureka's blacks and whites. 

Allegra is just the cutest thing ever! I love her super bright wardrobe. I bet she grows up to be just stunning. That picture of her doing her homework is just . . . mind-meltingly adorable. It's hard to believe the magic eightball's prediction that she'll have bad luck with the boys. Then again, maybe she's like Eunice and just not that into them?

I looove that picture of her too.  I was so happy I got it.  The eight ball was actually pretty disparaging every time she asked it anything.  Maybe the eight ball is just a jerk with no friends.  How about that?

Allegra is the brightest, most adorable child! I just can't wait to see her as a teen! Spread your color, Allegra!

That'd be the perfect mantra for her.  Allegra wants to know what Bree looks like, btw.  Even if the dynasty ended ...

Rest in peace Eunice. Allegra is such a treat, I can't  wait to see her as a teen. :)

Coming right up :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Waltz of the Flowers
« Reply #388 on: February 18, 2013, 10:06:11 PM »
"So?" Mona Lisa said.  "How do you feel?" 

I was a bit frozen.  Honestly, I felt like if I moved my head my neck would snap from the weight of the hair I'd aged up in. 

"I feel ... bookish."

"Well, that was unplanned."

"Mm," I said.  "I think it's because I had a B in elementary school."

"Ah well," Mona Lisa said.  "There are worse things.  Go change.  We have a surprise for you upstairs."

Well, I spent a lot of time upstairs putting my look together.  Mom said no make up, which really isn't fair since I know she wore make up as a teen.  She kind of made up for it by giving me these amazing vintage earrings that had belonged to my great grandmother.

I look okay, right?  I mean, more than okay.  I look awesome, right?  Here's my every day wear:

Blinked in the formal photo on accident:

Sleepwear:

Bathing suit:

And my personal favorite (even though it's dead in the middle of summer), outerwear:

I felt like Grandma Nini would be proud!  I walked upstairs to get my present and was happy to hear Grandma Rosetta playing piano.  It seems like everyone's been so obsessed with finding that last pink diamond that no one ever does much other than mining.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that's why I ended up with such a rushed childhood and a B in elementary school ...

Anyway.  I saw my gift almost immediately.

I felt like I was born for this thing!  My fingers slid right over the chord that fit with Rosetta's jam and for a blissful hour, we rocked out together.

I think I'm in love with a guitar.  Which is just as well, since there's only one other teen in school and it's a babysitter.  Bobo is already a young adult.  (knew that'd happen).

The babysitter isn't very friendly.  I've invited her over twice and she always is too busy "working."

So, at least in this early stage of my teendom, my circle of friends is much the same.  So, just Penni ... yeah.

Though my mom has been hard at work on a new sibling for me.  Wait ... is ... is that a squirrel on the floor?  What the heck, Mom?

Yeah, it's a squirrel.

"DAAAAAD.  There's a squirrel in your room.  For Watcher's sake, someone should slap her every now and then to make sure she's aware of her surroundings."

"Go do your homework, Aly," Dad says.  He got the squirrel.

Granny has taken over homework help.  She's a really smart lady.  It doesn't hurt that all of my literature assignments are about books she wrote and everything else she's helped my grannies on for generations.

Well, that was the night we all stopped being slaves to the miners.  Mom finally did it. 

Welcome to the family, Jefferson.

Or not.

Mom decided we all deserved a great big break after all that.  Even though I was never a member of the pink diamond safari, I was happy to take her up on it.  We spent leisure day at the festival.  We're pretty sure Penni was extremely confused by the sudden empty house.

The grannies spent some quality time together.  Lots of mother/daughter/granddaughter/supergreatgranddaughter bonding.

Mom got a spray tan.  It looked pretty awesome with her gorgeous blue hair.  I wish I had blue hair ...

Dad made about fourteen snowcones until he finally got a brain freeze.

I got some wicked face paint that I kind of wish was permanent.

Oh, and I learned a very important lesson.

The lesson is this:  Once the pink diamonds have been found, your parents become the most obnoxious thing in your universe.  Ugh.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Waltz of the Flowers
« Reply #389 on: February 18, 2013, 10:17:05 PM »
Ha ha ha! Oh wow, Allegra has my kind of sense of humour! I love her! She is super gorgeous too. It feels blasphemous to say it, but I think she's even prettier than Ophelia. I'm glad she's trying to honour Nini's memory. I was so sad for her when Nini died. Poor Allegra. I must say I think her new wardrobe is quite stunning. Also, I highly approve of the Drifter's Desire set for her. So so perfect. I bet it doesn't even need recolouring! Having her next to Coralie is such a stark contrast. I don't think I've ever seen two more different Sims. But it's really nice that they get along and love each other. Haha, Humberto and Eureka are a very handsome couple and I don't blame them for making out all over the place, though Allegra might! Too bad there's no young men around for her.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

anything