Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288167 times)

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - 1,001 Nights
« Reply #465 on: March 14, 2013, 03:42:46 PM »
... Baby [redacted] seems perfectly human.
You named the nooboo Baby [redacted]?! What kind of supermaz will she have?!
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Man on the Flying Trapeze
« Reply #466 on: March 14, 2013, 08:02:01 PM »
I never got to properly say goodbye to Penni.

She died in the evening, early on in my pregnancy, while I was fast asleep having one of my many, many naps.  Unfortunately this coincided with the end of the daycare day, and the grandmas had to whisk the children away as not to scar them.

Penni was just minding her business, having a pee, when Grim decided it was time.

Later, I'd hear the night as a whole was strange.  First, Penni has seen Grim enough in her life that she gave him a big hug and licked his face (or whatever is under that hood).  Or maybe she just misses Dad as much as I do and is excited to cross over to be with him.

She ascended gracefully into the light.  Then Grim turned to Eden and said very sternly, "I know what you did."

Pretty weird, huh?  Grandma Eden drank an entire bottle of pomelo nectar after that and Granny had to put her to bed.  We could all hear her insisting that Granny would have to invite her father-in-law to Snowflake Day this year.  Eden should never get drunk again.

The next day, she was right as rain, and back to her favorite toddler with Rosetta.

As for me, my pregnancy has been an easy one so far!  Then again, I've got a great support network.  The hardest thing really is walking around without feeling self conscious about my bland clothing baby bump.

Orlando is such a sweetheart.  He asked if we'd want to name the baby something for a family member.  Maybe Carlotta, even.  He knew great-etc-grandmother Carlotta.  Said she was a wonderful woman.  It was then that Grandma Mona Lisa had to explain our naming conventions to him.

We decided to take a day later in my pregnancy to visit the festival grounds.  Without the extra hands on deck, the remaining Classics did the sensible thing with the daycare brood.

Orlando pressed his hand into my belly to feel her move.  "She's strong!" he said.  "So, are you going to tell me the name?"

"Not on your life," I said, sweetly.

"What if I beat you at a game of your choice?" he asked.

I giggled.  "You're on."

"This really isn't fair, you know, what with you at such a disadvantage," I simpered, patting my very pregnant belly.

"Woman, you have no idea what I'm capable of!" he said back.

Turns out he was right.  He beat the crap out of me at the sport of hotdog eating.

So, I whispered the name to him.  He turned a nice shade of pink, flush with happiness, and gave my belly another affectionate rub.  "Daddy can't wait to meet you."

I sent him on his way with a laugh.  I wanted to stay on grounds and collect some gems and insects for my potions.

I was sure to follow doctor's orders with my nutrition too.  Every two hours, a pygmy watermelon down the hatch.

I still, somehow, lost track of time.  Before I knew it, it was pitch dark.  I felt panicked suddenly and while rushing to my scooter, the unimaginable happened.

I was alone.  No matter how much I screamed, no one was coming along to drive me back to the house.

However, from the festival grounds, the hospital was walkable.  It felt somehow shameful to be the only immortal to give birth at the hospital, but you do what you must.  After a few hours, I was bone tired and wheeling a squirming, gurgling little bundle out of the hospital with a bracelet around her little wrist that said, 'Baby Classic.  6 lbs."

When I finally got her home, I slipped into the house silently.  Everyone was asleep.  I walked into the light and finally got a good look at her darling face.

"Welcome home, Mata Hari Classic," I whispered.  "We've been expecting you."

I was exhausted, but I didn't want to miss the family meeting Mata, so I sneaked into the nursery and put her in the pink swing.  It was just a snap of the fingers before she was snoring her little baby snore, like a cat's purr, her head resting against the cushion.

I fell asleep for who knows how long.  Not very.  It was still dark outside when the sound of melodic singing woke me.  A beautiful, sweet voice echoing down the halls.  I crept close, but didn't disturb.  Somehow, miraculously, the voice was my mother's.

Once I was happy, but now I'm forlorn,
Like an old coat  that is tattered and torn;
Left in this wide world to weep and to mourn,
Betrayed by my family's fate

She was getting some of the words wrong, but I wasn't going to interrupt her.

Now this boy that I loved he was handsome and true
He made me go weak in my knees
Oh, you'll never meet him, he already flew
Our man on the flying trapeze.

My eyes began to sting a bit with tears as I watched my mom cradle my baby daughter.  I could see Daddy in my mind's eye, strong and handsome in his acrobat's costume, somersaulting through the air.

Oh, he floats through the air with the greatest of ease,
That daring young man on the flying trapeze;
His actions are graceful, all girls he does please,
My love he has purloined away.

She finished with a slight crack in her voice and sighed, cuddling Mata Hari close to her chest.  "She looks like Humbug," she whispered, barely audible, to no one in particular.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Man on the Flying Trapeze
« Reply #467 on: March 14, 2013, 08:14:52 PM »
That last part with the lullaby brought tears to my eyes. Humberto would have loved this little baby...it is a terrible shame that he had to die for her to even be born. The heart-wrenching nature of the latter parts of an immortal dynasty.

Welcome to the world, Mata.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #468 on: March 14, 2013, 08:56:16 PM »
I am torn. On the one hand, I am amazed at the perfection of the seventh generation being Mata Hari. Brilliant. So much brilliance. I can't wait to see her grow up. I'm sure she'll be gorgeous. On the other hand, Eureka singing about Humbug and crying over the baby...heartbreaking. And dear Penni is gone too! :( So sad. Glad for Mata Hari though.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #469 on: March 14, 2013, 09:10:35 PM »
After looking her up, it makes me wonder on her supermax, and career.

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #470 on: March 14, 2013, 11:09:04 PM »
Eureka (who happens to be my favorite immortal- go Inventors!) singing actually made me cry. Bei meiner Ehre.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #471 on: March 14, 2013, 11:48:43 PM »
Aw, crap.  Mata has Orlando's weird eyes.  Sadface.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #472 on: March 14, 2013, 11:56:33 PM »
Aw, crap.  Mata has Orlando's weird eyes.  Sadface.
Considering that this is me, I can't decide on whether I should be happy or sad at this development . . .  For the sake of context, I'm going to be sad.  :(

And Eureka's lullaby. I almost teared up.  :'(
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #473 on: March 15, 2013, 12:40:53 AM »

Although this may sound strange, maybe you'll come to be fond of those weird eyes after you get used to them? I just saw Gwenyth's heir earlier this week. At first I was disappointed, but the more I looked at that odd child, the more I couldn't bare to let it go! Anyway, Mata Hari isn't a name I'd heard of before. Loving the Classics so much as I do, I had to look it up to know more! Thank you for introducing me to the wonderful story of her life--which I just spent the last hour reading over! I'm not sure how it will related to a supermax for your story, maybe the criminal or law enforcement career? Maybe an actress? Anyway, this was a lovely update that nearly had me crying again with its sweet sadness. It is funny to see the colorful Allegra in such bland clothing for once! Per usual, I doff my hat to you, Tilia, and I continue to <3 the classics!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #474 on: March 15, 2013, 01:36:42 AM »
My guess is . . . either actress or performer of some sort! Either way, with all the Classic genes, baby Mata can't help but be pretty!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #475 on: March 15, 2013, 06:31:36 AM »
With a name like Mata Hari, I'm guessing International Super Spy. And while it's not nearly as moving as Eureka's lullaby, here are the lyrics I can remember from the song "Mata Hari."

Mata Ha-ari, Mata Hari,
Ooh what a wicked girl was she,
Just like the girl I want to be.

The musical was Little Mary Sunshine. Here's a link to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laRIxEIjMv0
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #476 on: March 15, 2013, 08:42:15 AM »
Although this may sound strange, maybe you'll come to be fond of those weird eyes after you get used to them? I just saw Gwenyth's heir earlier this week. At first I was disappointed, but the more I looked at that odd child, the more I couldn't bare to let it go! Anyway, Mata Hari isn't a name I'd heard of before. Loving the Classics so much as I do, I had to look it up to know more! Thank you for introducing me to the wonderful story of her life--which I just spent the last hour reading over! I'm not sure how it will related to a supermax for your story, maybe the criminal or law enforcement career? Maybe an actress? Anyway, this was a lovely update that nearly had me crying again with its sweet sadness. It is funny to see the colorful Allegra in such bland clothing for once! Per usual, I doff my hat to you, Tilia, and I continue to <3 the classics!

Odd kids are special... But man, do they sometimes make me feel uneasy at first, XD. I'm having a bit of that with Ferrus; I am not even sure how he got his eyes... But I think I've crossed the line where it goes from "...Stop staring at me, kid" to "Aren't you a precious little snowflake?" Hopefully, you'll get the same thing, Tilia!

Also, that lullaby was so sweet.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #477 on: March 15, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »
That last part with the lullaby brought tears to my eyes. Humberto would have loved this little baby...it is a terrible shame that he had to die for her to even be born. The heart-wrenching nature of the latter parts of an immortal dynasty.

Welcome to the world, Mata.

I really miss Humberto and it's killing me that I never got a screenshot of a.) him hugging or hanging out with Allegra and b.) one of his autonomous dominoes games with Orlando.  I kind of maybe cried a little while I was writing it :/

I am torn. On the one hand, I am amazed at the perfection of the seventh generation being Mata Hari. Brilliant. So much brilliance. I can't wait to see her grow up. I'm sure she'll be gorgeous. On the other hand, Eureka singing about Humbug and crying over the baby...heartbreaking. And dear Penni is gone too! :( So sad. Glad for Mata Hari though.

Yay!  I'm glad you like it.  Penni (like Sherlock and Moonglow before her) lived a very long life for a pet.  I'll miss her goofy self, though.

After looking her up, it makes me wonder on her supermax, and career.

She will be supermaxing athletics and aspiring to become an international super spy :)

Eureka (who happens to be my favorite immortal- go Inventors!) singing actually made me cry. Bei meiner Ehre.

Does that mean "on my honor?"  Google translate is letting me down.  It totally made me cry too.

Considering that this is me, I can't decide on whether I should be happy or sad at this development . . .  For the sake of context, I'm going to be sad.  :(

And Eureka's lullaby. I almost teared up.  :'(

Aw, you have Orlando's eyes too?  Maybe I'm okay with it then.  I was hoping they would be Humberto purple, but they are not ...

I reaaaaallly hope this is the case.  I feel so mean and superficial to be disappointed, but all of my Sims have been so beautiful up to this point, you know?  I'm surprised a few of you have never heard of her!  She's a personal hero of mine that I discovered in a novel back in middle school.  I love that painted carbon-plate photo of her in the yellow dress with the Indian head jewelry.  And how proud she was when they executed her ... sigh.  SO romantic.

My guess is . . . either actress or performer of some sort! Either way, with all the Classic genes, baby Mata can't help but be pretty!

Spy is kind of performer!  She's not as pretty as the others to be sure, but hopefully she will grow on us. 

With a name like Mata Hari, I'm guessing International Super Spy. And while it's not nearly as moving as Eureka's lullaby, here are the lyrics I can remember from the song "Mata Hari."

Mata Ha-ari, Mata Hari,
Ooh what a wicked girl was she,
Just like the girl I want to be.

The musical was Little Mary Sunshine. Here's a link to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laRIxEIjMv0

Golden ticket for you, madam.  That will be her future.  That's a fun song.  I'm pretty well versed in theater, but this musical is new to me!

Odd kids are special... But man, do they sometimes make me feel uneasy at first, XD. I'm having a bit of that with Ferrus; I am not even sure how he got his eyes... But I think I've crossed the line where it goes from "...Stop staring at me, kid" to "Aren't you a precious little snowflake?" Hopefully, you'll get the same thing, Tilia!

Also, that lullaby was so sweet.

You're teasing me, talking about Ferrus and not letting me see him.  You and Rhoxi have both made me feel hopeful about growing attached to Mata Hari.  Here's hoping!

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #478 on: March 15, 2013, 07:26:21 PM »
Does that mean "on my honor?"  Google translate is letting me down.  It totally made me cry too.

Yup! Probably shouldn't have typed it that way, but it's just a way for me to emphasize something in my family, and sometimes I keep in the habit on the internet.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #479 on: March 15, 2013, 07:49:30 PM »
Aw, you have Orlando's eyes too?  Maybe I'm okay with it then.  I was hoping they would be Humberto purple, but they are not ...
Do you mean in my game, or in real life? Because I've got them in neither. I meant it more in the sense that I'm running the Hideous Dynasty, so I was kind of torn. I understand your disappointment completely, though, because it is frustrating when you want them to come out a certain way, and they come out as something different entirely.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

anything