Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971438 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #390 on: September 01, 2010, 08:43:12 AM »
If everyone has died except the first 5 immortals, then you've got the generation 6 targeted immortal and his/her spouse in the house.  That's taking up 7 of the 8 slots and the baby will be a singleton.

Ack! I don't why I didn't think of generation 6's spouse being in the house at the same time. Of course. It's a total non-issue. Thanks Pam.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #391 on: September 01, 2010, 11:07:38 AM »
Can you please quote the rule that says the house only has room for 8 sims? Sorry to be a pain, but I just don't see that.

Edit: Oh! I never knew that there was a game limitation of only 8 sims to a household! Is that per lot, even if there are separate dwellings on the same lot?

Yes.  It's not a Dynasty rule at all.  The household will only hold 8 Sims.  The game won't allow a pregnancy if all 8 slots are already taken.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #392 on: September 01, 2010, 12:41:14 PM »
So just to get it straight, the seventh immortal is the one that has the last immortal child, of course without marrying the father, because that would put it over 8.  I think I got it.  The more I go over the rules and Q and A, the more I am finally getting it.  I would hate to miss something and have to start over. I love my little twins, but hate to lose one.  Oh well, that is the way it goes, I suppose.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #393 on: September 01, 2010, 05:48:10 PM »
You've got it, Salty!

I'm going to hate losing Indigo, too.  We'll also lose all of the spouses, but that's not the same to me as losing my Sims.  Indigo will have a good life.  She wants to work in the science career and she'll have a boyfriend and stuff.  But still. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #394 on: September 01, 2010, 05:55:41 PM »
The funny thing is Pam, the more I write about my couple in the blog and those adorable twins, I am getting so attached to them and the story has turned out to be quite a love story.  Agnes is so easy to work with.  I finally got my first venue purchased and partially upgraded and everything is going along pretty smoothly.  The twins are adorable and they will age up in a few hours and the one that is the immortal one, will start fishing right across the street where I purchased that park, pretty handy.  It wasn't a bad price, but now I am kinda short on money after upgrading it to level 2, but that is ok, Agnes paintings are getting worth more and more and Li-Liang is getting some good money for his ice sculptures, but with the twins, it has been kinda hectic, as you well know if you have played with twins. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #395 on: September 01, 2010, 06:14:42 PM »
Oh yes.  My twins were hectic, too.  I couldn't just let their mother lounge around and enjoy the babies.  She had to keep cooking and gardening the whole time.  They are teenagers now and about to age up to young adult in another day.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #396 on: September 01, 2010, 07:07:15 PM »
I just read your post Pam on some of the stories for the dynasty challenge and instead of writing it on the storie board im going to ask here.
Are you really going to ban CC hair?? It doesnt do anything other than give them a more interesting look.
Ive never seen on CC hairs as modification - i just use them so i dont have to look at identical looking sims all the time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #397 on: September 01, 2010, 07:18:59 PM »
I just read your post Pam on some of the stories for the dynasty challenge and instead of writing it on the storie board im going to ask here.
Are you really going to ban CC hair?? It doesnt do anything other than give them a more interesting look.
Ive never seen on CC hairs as modification - i just use them so i dont have to look at identical looking sims all the time.

I just posted in simfulicious' story thread and gave my opinion. On the one hand, rules are rules. On the other, does it really make a bit of difference to change a Sim's hair? Let me talk about this with Pam tonight and we'll have a final decision soon. If we allow it of course it means more edits and more exceptions to the rule set.  :P

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #398 on: September 01, 2010, 07:21:20 PM »
I just asked another question on my story thread.  Maybe it should go here, but I don't know how to move it. 

My question was basically whether or not it is enough to play the challenge without CC, or do you actually have to delete it from your system?  I think it's an important question, because if it has to be deleted from your system it will disqualify a lot of people from playing ranked challenges too.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #399 on: September 01, 2010, 08:19:09 PM »
At first I was all gung ho on this challenge but it has gotten increasingly confusing as time has gone on.  I mean, really?  How many pages on max/Supermax and Black Ops?

Then the "rule" about not changing their appearance, or am I getting that wrong?  I like to make my Sims attractive and to change their clothes and hair styles.  Does this mean I can't use the dresser to do this, or just not get them a make over at the salon? 

And why on earth can't you go to the salon for a full treatment or whatever since it relaxes you and gives all kinds of good moodlets?  How is that going to give anyone an unfair advantage?  Isn't it more of an unfair advantage to say "marry so and so because they have such and such goodies/skills"? 

While I'm on the subject of who to marry, I've peppered all three hoods with Sims I've created and Sims I've liked from various hoods.  So, for instance, Agnes can also now be found in my Twinbrook.  I'm assuming this would make her unavailable for marriage in that town.  Right?  And, what about the Sims I've placed of my own creating in various towns?  I got bored with most of the npc townies and just made a lot of Sims and houses, added a ton of lots including some of the largest ones, and put my Simmies in various houses already in Twinbrook without playing them so they would be random for future legacy possibilities.  So would they be possible spouse material or not? 

Oh, yeah, houses.  So houses previously made by moi would also not be allowed, right?

And why are people just randomly dumping stuff in venues to upgrade them?  Why not do things like make restrooms, add paths, a fire pit and things that would normally show up in "wilderness" camp/fishing grounds?  And since the graveyard is a place we can buy, fixing it up in build/buy mode, (build/buy on this lot is available when you buy one), is ok, right?  You know how I hate creepy graveyards!

I've only a few days left on my Da Vinci so guess this is going to be my next challenge.  At least with no time limit and possible do overs it will be more relaxing and I think, despite the confusion, a lot of fun.  Count me in.  You really do make some pretty unusual and complex challenge, Metro.  Kudos.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #400 on: September 01, 2010, 08:29:15 PM »
Then the "rule" about not changing their appearance, or am I getting that wrong?  I like to make my Sims attractive and to change their clothes and hair styles.  Does this mean I can't use the dresser to do this, or just not get them a make over at the salon? 

And why on earth can't you go to the salon for a full treatment or whatever since it relaxes you and gives all kinds of good moodlets?  How is that going to give anyone an unfair advantage?  Isn't it more of an unfair advantage to say "marry so and so because they have such and such goodies/skills"? 

Joria, there is no rule about changing your sims' appearance.  The rule is against makeovers, as there have been some instances of sims' ages being reset following a makeover.

As for going to the salon - I assume you mean the Day Spa - there is no rule against that. 

As for your other concerns, someone else will need to respond to those.  All I can add is that I am having a lot of fun with my Dynasty and I hope you will give it a try!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #401 on: September 01, 2010, 08:31:49 PM »
At first I was all gung ho on this challenge but it has gotten increasingly confusing as time has gone on.  I mean, really?  How many pages on max/Supermax and Black Ops?

Joria, don't feel like you have to read 40 pages of this thread to get a grasp on things. Simply reading the rule set and winging it should be fine. If you're confused about any rules, that's what we're here for.

I believe it was Salty that confirmed that there's chance that a makeover can increase one's lifespan in the same fashion as getting a tattoo. Intentionally increasing the lifespan of any household member is not allowed. It's all part of the strategy — you only have a short period of time to complete all of the requirements. Getting a few makeovers would make things a lot easier for someone. 

And why on earth can't you go to the salon for a full treatment or whatever since it relaxes you and gives all kinds of good moodlets?  How is that going to give anyone an unfair advantage?

If you're talking about the Spa treatments and vacations, those are not banned at all.

While I'm on the subject of who to marry, I've peppered all three hoods with Sims I've created and Sims I've liked from various hoods.  So, for instance, Agnes can also now be found in my Twinbrook.  I'm assuming this would make her unavailable for marriage in that town.  Right?

Of course. You're altering a stock neighborhood which is strictly prohibited. You have to start with a virgin town.

Oh, yeah, houses.  So houses previously made by moi would also not be allowed, right?

Same answer as above.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #402 on: September 01, 2010, 08:49:16 PM »
I just asked another question on my story thread.  Maybe it should go here, but I don't know how to move it.  

My question was basically whether or not it is enough to play the challenge without CC, or do you actually have to delete it from your system?  I think it's an important question, because if it has to be deleted from your system it will disqualify a lot of people from playing ranked challenges too.

I have this same question :) since the issue came up with my dynasty too.  

And I guess I'm also wondering...why is CC disqualified exactly?  I guess I can understand the banning of core game mods that alter the difficulty of a game, but if one is just using an outfit or a hairstyle that doesn't alter difficulty at all...isn't that just something visual and not any sort of game advantage?  And I'm sure then this means no custom skintones or eyes or hairstyles or outfits or any of that?  It just seems a bit odd to me that if we can already design our sims to look any way we like (instead of having to randomize them or some such) with the content already in the game, that custom content that merely alters more ways to design how our sims look would be banned.  Sorry if I sound rude; it's certainly not my intent.  

Contemplating if I want to restart my dynasty so I can make the hall of fame in this case :)  oh, and a double check: are any store items (since they're "official") okay then?  What about the Dr. Pepper promotional items?  

Edit: I guess in case "some" CC is deemed okay, I'll just list all that I'm using, to double check what's okay and what isn't (it may all be banned, but I guess I'm not certain if the absolute ruling has been made yet, due to discussion over in simfulicious' thread).  
In the Enmei Dynasty, my sims have been made with custom eye replacements and custom skintones.  They also use CC blush, lipstick, eyeshadow, hairstyles, and clothing.  None of these alter game difficulty.

My thanks for your response.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #403 on: September 01, 2010, 09:04:44 PM »
I have this same question :) since the issue came up with my dynasty too.  

And I guess I'm also wondering...why is CC disqualified exactly?  I guess I can understand the banning of core game mods that alter the difficulty of a game, but if one is just using an outfit or a hairstyle that doesn't alter difficulty at all...isn't that just something visual and not any sort of game advantage?  And I'm sure then this means no custom skintones or eyes or hairstyles or outfits or any of that?  It just seems a bit odd to me that if we can already design our sims to look any way we like (instead of having to randomize them or some such) with the content already in the game, that custom content that merely alters more ways to design how our sims look would be banned.  Sorry if I sound rude; it's certainly not my intent.  

Contemplating if I want to restart my dynasty so I can make the hall of fame in this case :)  oh, and a double check: are any store items (since they're "official") okay then?  What about the Dr. Pepper promotional items?  

You're not being rude at all and have every right to understand our stand on CC. I'm very leery of allowing it because it's been my stand since January in ALL challenges to not allow any CC and mods of any kind. Players know this. This is not a news flash. CC has been known to be game breakers and that's something I'm trying to avoid. So, if I allow CC in the Dynasty, then how do I resolve all of the multitudes of players that are simultaneously playing in challenges at the same time with 0 CC? There has to be consistency across the board with this. As of now, CC of any kind is not allowed in the Dynasty. All of the Tournament challenges set the precedent and players have been playing without CC in challenges for 9 months. 2011 may be a different stituation. I can see myself lightening up on the rule with the understanding that players play at their own risk and I would need to be informed ahead of time of what mod was being used so i could sign off on it.

EDIT: Incidentally, in case you're wondering if you need to restart — you don't. That's ridiculous. I'm just asking you to remove all CC from your system for this Dynasty. That's my ruling for now. I still have not heard back from Pam. If she feels strongly on allowing it, then I very well may change my mind.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #404 on: September 01, 2010, 09:09:10 PM »
Okay, that makes sense.  Thanks Metro.  I haven't participated in past challenges so I guess wasn't aware.  I'll probably start a new dynasty then without the CC.  I understand that CC is certainly not necessary for me to play (I just like looking at pretty sims, and I've never had game crashes), so I'll go ahead and play without it.  If you decide to change this rule with a "play at your own risk" stance, please do let us know.  

Edit: I see your edit now, and I thank you for saying I do not need to restart (it's a relief, as I was close to two immortals).   Removing the CC is no problem then.  I still may delay my playing, though, as I've been ill these past couple days, my birthday is tomorrow, and I'm attending a gaming convention this weekend, so if Pam has a different ruling, I can adjust accordingly.  Thanks again. :)

anything