Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697698 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1695 on: January 26, 2016, 03:03:17 PM »
As a spouse it really doesn't matter if you change his aspiration.  Actually, you can bop around and work on all the aspirations for all the Sims under your control.  Just remember to plan out which ones you want to be "unique" and which ones can be shared.  Founders and heirs are the ones who have the most restrictions, helpers, adopted members, and spouse are freer.  Just don't complete the Bodybuilder. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1696 on: January 26, 2016, 03:26:07 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll change it then, just so he doesn't accidentally complete it. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1697 on: January 29, 2016, 04:45:04 AM »
Argh, my 5 generation dynasty family have been afflicted with the save error 533 bug, which is causing it to be almost impossible to play.  :( :( :( :(  I have seen a few suggestions of how to fix; none of which has worked so far.

What can I do within the rules of the challenge to fix this?  The next suggestion is to move the family, selling all the furniture, save the lot to library, bulldoze the lot, build it again from library, and move them back in.

Is this allowed?  Any other suggestions please?

Many thanks, Tracey

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1698 on: January 29, 2016, 06:13:29 AM »
Check with @MrsFlynn, maybe she has some ideas that can help you.

If all else fails, you have permission to move out to library, bulldoze, and move them back in.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1699 on: January 29, 2016, 07:00:16 AM »
Check with @MrsFlynn, maybe she has some ideas that can help you.

If all else fails, you have permission to move out to library, bulldoze, and move them back in.

Thanks Nutella, I will hold off until I hear if @MrsFlynn can help.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1700 on: January 29, 2016, 10:44:57 AM »
Argh, my 5 generation dynasty family have been afflicted with the save error 533 bug, which is causing it to be almost impossible to play.  :( :( :( :(  I have seen a few suggestions of how to fix; none of which has worked so far.

What can I do within the rules of the challenge to fix this?  The next suggestion is to move the family, selling all the furniture, save the lot to library, bulldoze the lot, build it again from library, and move them back in.

Is this allowed?  Any other suggestions please?

Many thanks, Tracey
@tjtemple  I got that error once and the game wouldn't let me save.  I was finally able to save at the Neighborhood menu (select "Travel...").
Then I did all the usual things....reinstall, delete game caches, delete Origin caches, CC cleaner...

Well, what works for one person doesn't always work for someone else.
Good luck!  I really hope you can save your dynasty!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1701 on: January 29, 2016, 12:14:41 PM »
It sounds like you've got a good plan of action to try. As that's what's being suggested to do when you run into this error.

Also remember to save often, and use Save As, give it a name such as S1, S2, etc. - This is your friend in the Sims games. As then you can go back to a previous save should things like this happen.

----------
Reference Links:

Save Error 533
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/01/save-error-533/

Save Error 533
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/INFO-REQUEST-Save-Error-533/td-p/5074364

==========
Thanks Nutella, I will hold off until I hear if @MrsFlynn can help.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1702 on: January 29, 2016, 12:24:26 PM »
I need help!

I think I just learned the hard way that you can't play another household even if it's in another town.

I am so bummed... I wanted to play something in between my time with the Riley's that was fun. I came back today to the Riley's and everyone is outside, a new nooboo who was due to be born is already a child.

Arghhhh....... waghhhh............

Is there a way for me to recover this? Obviously I can't play any house other than my dynasty if I want to continue.

Thank you in advance,

Chickwit

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1703 on: January 29, 2016, 01:04:01 PM »
Greetings!

I think I figured it out. I went to my saved files and loaded the Riley's from my last save and voila; there they are. No alien named child with the evil trait. lol

Just to clarify; should I always open my file from a previously saved file? Riley for theirs and each other game under that saved file?

Thanks so much.

Chickwit

Offline aargpirates

• Nooboo
    • Avast Ye Scurvy Dogs - Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #1704 on: February 01, 2016, 12:40:28 AM »
I've tried to skim through this threat to look for the latest x-pac and the effects of clubs on the dynasty challenge.
Are there any restrictions on club use during the challenge?
It seems like a big accelerant to things like Gardening if you can just invite your club around the maintain your plot.
Any direction on if we can join or start clubs yet?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1705 on: February 01, 2016, 07:26:00 AM »
Are there any restrictions on club use during the challenge?

No restrictions on clubs for dynasties.

Any direction on if we can join or start clubs yet?

Yes you can join premade clubs or start your own club.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1706 on: February 01, 2016, 07:30:05 AM »
Just to clarify; should I always open my file from a previously saved file? Riley for theirs and each other game under that saved file?

You always want separate saves/files for each game you are playing.  If you start a dynasty, save it and name it something you remember.  You can go play other stuff and do whatever you want, but when you want to continue your dynasty, load that save file and continue.

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1707 on: February 01, 2016, 11:58:49 AM »
Thank you Nutella!

I'm going to have to start a new Dynasty. The Riley's though fun, Elaori my founder is due to become an elder and I'm no where near done with her 1st aspiration. My 1st heir also just missed out on her Whiz Kid aspiration and I almost 100% certain I've had the founder stay home from work a few times over her lifetime. She's also only half way to top level of her career.

I don't see this as a bad thing. This was my very first attempt and I was brand spanking new to playing Sims 4.  it's been educational and I still had fun.

So I've printed off a copy of the checklist someone made. Hopefully I'll be able to keep better track this time. Look for the Winchester Immortal Dynasty to start appearing. Here's to a successful second attempt.

One question though. I thought I read somewhere that we can't marry our sims to existing families in the sims universe. I think maybe I'm wrong on this though as no one said anything in my first attempt. I may be mixing up the different legacy rules. Can we marry anyone in town and move in whatever townies we choose? Just need to clarify.

Many thanks for your continued patience with me as I learn.
Chickwit

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1708 on: February 01, 2016, 12:20:25 PM »
I'm not the Team but I think you were/are allowed to move in/marry just about anyone. I think the only restriction is that your spouse can't have a child with anyone before they move in and beget the heir?

Winchester? As in the rifle? Or Supernatural? If it's the latter could I please request Dean and not Sam ;-D Jensen Ackles is my <3

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1709 on: February 01, 2016, 07:22:26 PM »
Oh goody, I love Dean too!  Can you believe it's been 11 years?  Love that show.

One question though. I thought I read somewhere that we can't marry our sims to existing families in the sims universe. I think maybe I'm wrong on this though as no one said anything in my first attempt. I may be mixing up the different legacy rules. Can we marry anyone in town and move in whatever townies we choose? Just need to clarify.

Yes you can marry your sims to existing families, only if they do not have any previous children.  You can't move in with them, they have to move in with you to your dynasty lot.  The targeted spouse must not have any previous children.  Also sims from online gallery is banned, make sure you start your dynasty on a fresh file virgin town.

You can move in whoever you want, but you can't move them out once you move them in.  They must remain in your dynasty house and die of old age, no intentionally killing them off.  Be careful because your household can only have 8 people max, if you move in too many and they haven't died yet, then you can't produce heir.

anything