Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 704811 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1740 on: February 10, 2016, 07:42:18 PM »
Thank you @Nutella. This answers my question about the well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1741 on: February 14, 2016, 02:36:15 AM »
Dear Challenges Team,

My dynasty file has gone haywire. Right after a birthday party, I lay out ambrosia for the immortals to eat. One sim's just standing around and the other's in the sauna with a "friend."
However, the game has frozen and the sims don't move, yet the game clock keeps advancing.
I tried saving, but the save operation has been stuck for about 20 minutes now.
May I have your permission to force-exit my game and restart from my most recent save? It's from about 90 (non-sim) minutes ago.
*sighs

ETA: I closed my game down since it'd been frozen for 8 sim hours already.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #1742 on: February 14, 2016, 04:09:00 AM »
Dear Challenges Team,

My dynasty file has gone haywire. Right after a birthday party, I lay out ambrosia for the immortals to eat. One sim's just standing around and the other's in the sauna with a "friend."
However, the game has frozen and the sims don't move, yet the game clock keeps advancing.
I tried saving, but the save operation has been stuck for about 20 minutes now.
May I have your permission to force-exit my game and restart from my most recent save? It's from about 90 (non-sim) minutes ago.
*sighs

ETA: I closed my game down since it'd been frozen for 8 sim hours already.

Go ahead ozhizu, that sounds like a game glitch and nothing you could have caused yourself.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1743 on: February 14, 2016, 04:51:39 AM »
Oh thank you, thank you!
My dynasty game lags a lot in general but this time the game clock was ticking even while the game was paused and even while I tried (unsuccessfully) to save.

I appreciate your letting me work around the freeze.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1744 on: March 06, 2016, 07:50:01 AM »
UPDATE:

-- No splitting the dynasty household.

1. No splitting your dynasty household into two or three different household.  Everyone that is moved into your household must remain there until they die of old age, this also means no moving out anybody from your dynasty household.

2. If you wish to invite an NPC into your dynasty household, you can choose to move in a single person or two or an entire household.  However you must use the social interaction "ask to move in", cannot use manage world to move portraits around and move in your NPC.

3. The "ask to move in" interaction will eventually bring you to the merge/split household screen.  You can then choose to move in the one person, or two, or an entire household.  After finishing, you return to live mode and continue your game.  You cannot go back to manage world and mess around with splitting/merging other NPC households.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1745 on: March 08, 2016, 02:10:19 PM »
My gen 3 heiress has fallen deeply in love with an older man (Jermaine).  He has moved in, they have married and they are very happy and she is now in her third trimester with their nooboo.  Tragically however, he is "bubbling" with the end of days warning.  If he passes before the birth can the infant still become the heir?  If it helps with your judgement; he is VERY handsome!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #1746 on: March 08, 2016, 02:12:49 PM »
Okay I am about to give up on parties! My 7th generation has just had 3 sims die at a party. WOW. At least it help her get the party animal aspiration part of throwing parties. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1747 on: March 08, 2016, 06:34:01 PM »
If he passes before the birth can the infant still become the heir?  If it helps with your judgement; he is VERY handsome!

Yes.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1748 on: March 17, 2016, 08:10:55 AM »
Oh this Dynasty is going to be the end of me  :'(  I appear to be a victim of the "fill empty homes" not working bug, and have had the gross misfortune of my pollinator creating only boy children in the SKL, Goth and BFF homes, and all that is left in my world is "Raymondo Goth" - a pollinator's son with Bella.  The others have all died. 

My "spare" boy in the house has created about 17 children with random homeless townies, so playmates for my gen 4 are not a problem at the moment, but I am aware that any/all of them could be culled at any point. 

I NEED NEIGHBOURS!  Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do without using the forbidden "manage worlds"?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1749 on: March 19, 2016, 08:13:53 PM »
Has anyone else been having issues with the party timer?  I know there's a bug that has it staying all white until just about the end, but what's happening in my game is that it seems to speed up at the end, even when I'm not on speed 3.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I've done the normal things of clearing caches, repair games, etc.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1750 on: March 20, 2016, 10:06:50 AM »
For everyone that encounters the "fill empty homes" not working bug, please PM the team. 

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1751 on: March 23, 2016, 10:15:05 AM »
Is the book of life totally off limits, or just for the use of extending life?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #1752 on: March 23, 2016, 11:13:08 AM »
As far as I'm aware, just for extending life.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1753 on: March 23, 2016, 12:45:44 PM »
Under FAQ:

Can I use book of life to cure negative moodlets?  Can I use book of life for museum contribution?
-- Yes to both.  You cannot use book of life to extend life, but you can use book of life to cure negative moodlets and you can write book of life and contribute it to the museum for requirement.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #1754 on: March 23, 2016, 08:35:51 PM »
For everyone that encounters the "fill empty homes" not working bug, please PM the team. 

Does this apply to people with older games?  My fill empty homes has never worked since gen 1, but I started my game before any stuff/expansion/anything else was added, when it was already a known issue.  Obviously I'd like to have neighbors, but my assumption was that it was something that just had to be dealt with.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

anything