Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708009 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2130 on: October 18, 2016, 02:01:05 PM »
We could certainly put baked goods in its own category, but don't they spoil over time?  I don't think the Master Chef "Fresh Chef" reward trait works with baked goods, does it?

If all the baked goods is rotting in the museum, there really is no point in putting them as a separate category.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2131 on: October 18, 2016, 02:26:57 PM »
Hmm. I don't know if they spoil with Fresh Chef or not, but I see your point. There are higher value items to contribute if the Sim has completed Master Chef and since two heirs can't complete the same aspiration I guess it is a moot point.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2132 on: October 18, 2016, 02:55:31 PM »
Can someone confirm Fresh Chef reward trait works with baked goods or not?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2133 on: October 18, 2016, 03:26:27 PM »
@Nutella: I've never seen my chef's baked goods spoil, but I'll check later today.

EDIT: No freshness timer on her baked goods, just like with her regular dishes. Not very surprised. The game treats it all as food.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #2134 on: October 18, 2016, 10:04:41 PM »
Sorry, I haven't been playing/keeping up in the past year or so, but while we're on the topic of food items, was a solution ever developed for the 'the ghosts keep eating my food' problem? Can meals be stored/displayed in the fridges that came with GTW, or will sims/ghosts still try to eat them?

In a similar vein, I was going to have books as one of my heirs' items, but I feel like I would run into similar problems with sims trying to read/put away books. Those at least can easily be moved back from the shelf and wouldn't result in a fail (as the item isn't destroyed, just moved), but is there any way to put books 'on display' permanently?
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2135 on: October 19, 2016, 04:56:06 AM »
Sorry, I haven't been playing/keeping up in the past year or so, but while we're on the topic of food items, was a solution ever developed for the 'the ghosts keep eating my food' problem? Can meals be stored/displayed in the fridges that came with GTW, or will sims/ghosts still try to eat them?

In a similar vein, I was going to have books as one of my heirs' items, but I feel like I would run into similar problems with sims trying to read/put away books. Those at least can easily be moved back from the shelf and wouldn't result in a fail (as the item isn't destroyed, just moved), but is there any way to put books 'on display' permanently?
I don't know if there is a solution. I just make sure ghosts don't get on my dynasty lot

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2136 on: October 20, 2016, 12:15:02 PM »
Hmm. I don't know if they spoil with Fresh Chef or not, but I see your point. There are higher value items to contribute if the Sim has completed Master Chef and since two heirs can't complete the same aspiration I guess it is a moot point.
We are just going to keep them as one category, its food.

I don't know if there is a solution. I just make sure ghosts don't get on my dynasty lot
MissZoef is right, don't think there is a solution for ghosts wandering through walls. 

@Whirligig
If books, easy enough to move them back from bookshelves.  If food, keep ghost away from your lot - do not have any tombs on your lot, keep tombs in family inventory or personal inventory.  Although I have read from players that if you are using Ambrosia as your meal option, the ghost won't eat it.  Can't confirm 100%, so better be safe than sorry and keep ghost away.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2137 on: October 24, 2016, 02:15:11 PM »
Ghosts definitely will go into your fridge and help themselves.  They also will mix drinks and brew tea or coffee.  I locked my grave area to keep my Sims out.  After having done that my one and only ghost would appear in the graveyard but so far has not come back into the house.  So far being the operative words.  Don't know for sure if locking doors and/or gates will keep them out indefinitely.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2138 on: October 24, 2016, 02:29:13 PM »
Ghosts definitely will go into your fridge and help themselves.  They also will mix drinks and brew tea or coffee.  I locked my grave area to keep my Sims out.  After having done that my one and only ghost would appear in the graveyard but so far has not come back into the house.  So far being the operative words.  Don't know for sure if locking doors and/or gates will keep them out indefinitely.

So by locking them out you mean just locking the doors? I somehow assumed they would ignore that. Good to know.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #2139 on: October 25, 2016, 01:15:01 AM »
Ahh, that explains why one of my ghosts wouldn't leave the cemetery (even though his living wife kept trying to woohoo with him. ;) ). I just thought they would float through the walls around the gate. I'll keep an eye on it, but I think you may be right, Joria.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #2140 on: October 28, 2016, 06:44:57 PM »
Are there rules regarding the lot traits yet? They were added in the recent patch, and I was wondering whether or not they would be allowed.
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2141 on: October 28, 2016, 08:25:42 PM »
@Narinn2045: It's being discussed via PM. Hold off on using them until we reach a verdict.

Though I can say for certain that they'll be auto-banned for the Tournament, so there's that!

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #2142 on: October 28, 2016, 09:59:00 PM »
@Trip Alright, will do. Glad to know that they're banned for the tournament, though.
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2143 on: October 28, 2016, 10:15:40 PM »
It's actually not official but...come on. :P

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2144 on: October 29, 2016, 12:13:16 AM »
@Narinn2045 and @Trip

Actually, the lot traits have been officially banned by @Metropolis Man for this year's last tournament challenge.

anything