Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708301 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2010 on: July 07, 2016, 02:55:56 PM »
@sdhoey - Congratulations! :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2011 on: July 07, 2016, 02:58:30 PM »
Thanks guys. I feel like a kid that made the honor roll in school. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2012 on: July 07, 2016, 07:15:11 PM »
RULES UPDATE:

"Voidcritters" has been added to qualifying items for the museum list.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #2013 on: July 08, 2016, 12:35:49 AM »
I'm a little confused...

I have already been playing my Immortal Dynasty file long enough that I have my first immortal,

1)  May I place Chez Llama, the experimental food restaurant created by Maxis?

2)  If so, may my sims purchase it and run it if they want to?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2014 on: July 08, 2016, 06:19:00 AM »
1)  May I place Chez Llama, the experimental food restaurant created by Maxis?
Allowed.  Anything created by Maxis you are allowed to place in your dynasty, although you cannot bulldoze preexisting houses/buildings to place the restaurant.  Find an empty lot.

2)  If so, may my sims purchase it and run it if they want to?
Allowed.  There is no restaurant requirement for immortal dynasty, but you can owned a restaurant nonetheless and play it for fun.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2015 on: July 13, 2016, 03:01:09 AM »
Congratulations  @sdhoey   :) Yay!!! You've completed your dynasty and entered the Hall of Fame!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2016 on: July 14, 2016, 05:28:10 PM »
I think I'm finally ready to begin my Immortal Dynasty, but I have a few questions before I start. :)

1. Although Non-Immortal Sims are allowed to choose any traits, careers, etc., I saw that the Bodybuilder Aspiration is banned for all household members. Does this restriction extend to Non-Immortal Sims as well?

2. When moving in a spouse, would not taking all of his/her roommates be considered splitting the dynasty household? For instance, could we move in the spouse and a couple of roommates rather than all of them and still be within the rules?

3. Since Manage Worlds is off limits after going into Live Mode, how are we able to place Maxis created buildings in Newcrest? I've noticed that the Manage Worlds screen seems to only be available after moving in a household to an empty lot. I was concerned since after moving in, the game starts up in Live Mode. (Sorry for this question! I'm still working on learning the ins-and-outs of The Sims 4. ;D)

Thank you in advance!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2017 on: July 14, 2016, 06:24:35 PM »
I think I'm finally ready to begin my Immortal Dynasty, but I have a few questions before I start. :)

1. Although Non-Immortal Sims are allowed to choose any traits, careers, etc., I saw that the Bodybuilder Aspiration is banned for all household members. Does this restriction extend to Non-Immortal Sims as well?

2. When moving in a spouse, would not taking all of his/her roommates be considered splitting the dynasty household? For instance, could we move in the spouse and a couple of roommates rather than all of them and still be within the rules?

3. Since Manage Worlds is off limits after going into Live Mode, how are we able to place Maxis created buildings in Newcrest? I've noticed that the Manage Worlds screen seems to only be available after moving in a household to an empty lot. I was concerned since after moving in, the game starts up in Live Mode. (Sorry for this question! I'm still working on learning the ins-and-outs of The Sims 4. ;D)

Thank you in advance!

1.  If they are in your household (immortal or non-immortal), they can't finish it. That doesn't mean you can't use the first couple of milestones to get some aspiration points.  Finishing it by any sim in your household (the sims you control) is banned and is breaking the rules/loss of HoF/Failure.

2. The dynasty household is YOUR household.  You can't split your household meaning no one can leave from your lot to someone else's family.   If a spouse happens to be a part of another household, you don't have to bring in the old household because they are not yours.

3. It's off-limits for anything after you place lots basically.  Place your founder and you can hit manage worlds and this is the only time that the team (which I'm not on!) will generally let you go in to place things.  It's a one time deal unless we get loads of new content (like an expansion, ex: Dine Out restaurants) and then it's always best to ask.   There have been some recent clarifications (last couple of months) about editing lots but that doesn't require Manage Worlds just being on the lot and build/buy mode.

Hope this helps & Good luck!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shmeggo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2018 on: July 14, 2016, 06:52:05 PM »
Wonderful! Thank you so much for the clarifications, Ricalynn. :) I can't wait to get started!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2019 on: July 19, 2016, 01:45:49 PM »
UPDATE:

Added
-- Until the bug that causes Sims to become ageless if they meet a Nanny is fixed, hiring a Nanny is banned.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2020 on: July 19, 2016, 09:28:29 PM »
Any rules/restrictions on anything to do with either Restaurants or the new Backyard Stuff?  Sure wish we could use a nanny!  That looked like it could be fun.  Really not needed though.

After failing my Rivalry Dynasty, I've decided to go back and do my ID with a twist again.  I had decided I would allow some bought items, (childrens' items and fish bowls only), are there any rules against doing it this way?  Just once I'd like to really make an effort to reach the HOF.

Speaking of which, congratulations sdhoey!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2021 on: July 19, 2016, 11:02:59 PM »
@Joria: In short, restaurants are allowed to be placed (must be one of Maxis' lots but that's true for everything) and owning them is too. They don't really contribute to requirements but there's no reason to ban them.

The only restaurant-specific rule is:

• You may alter menus only in restaurants that you own.

As for Backyard Stuff...don't own the pack yet (I had to get train fare today instead and it's gone up again!). So far nothing seems objectionable from others' accounts. The nannies that came with the patch are banned for now due to an aging bug associated with hiring them, but @Nutella put that into action just a post above you. But the actual pack content looks good until someone brings up an item that alters aging or provides too big of an advantage to allow. Any other team members have new info to weigh in with?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2022 on: July 20, 2016, 11:37:47 PM »
Wondering the reason behind no Body Builder for those who are not heirs or founders.  By saying no to Body Builder you are also saying no to any Athlete careers as well.  Right?  Is it possible to do some of Body Builder as long as you don't max it?  I need to have Don reach lvl 6 of the career which only takes lvl 9 Fitness.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2023 on: July 20, 2016, 11:39:25 PM »
Only the aspiration is banned not the career because it lengthens the elder life stage.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2024 on: July 21, 2016, 01:09:41 AM »
Only the aspiration is banned not the career because it lengthens the elder life stage.

So he could actually max fitness as long as he doesn't do the aspiration?  That would be awesome.

----------
My No Buy Story

anything