Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707963 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1980 on: June 19, 2016, 11:25:36 AM »
FAQ UPDATE:

What mods are allowed?
These mods have been approved by the challenge team.  If you want to use a mod but its not on this list, please contact the team for approval.
-- Any lightning mods to make indoor lights brighter.
-- Any mods that changes background color in CAS screen.
-- Live Mode and Tab Mode Camera Mods - No Drift & Lower Level!
-- CAS Modifiers bugfix: Aging & Randomization
-- Smaller Censor / Mosaic
-- Daily Save Mod
-- More Columns + More Swatches

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1981 on: June 19, 2016, 11:38:29 AM »
So I've run into a rather odd situation in my dynasty. My founder's husband was meeting his maker today from old age, while one of her good friends was over to visit. While he was dying, I was looking through her relationships (he was meant to be the unique BFF, but as she isn't quite ready for ambrosia, I needed to find a replacement. I'm a cold fish like that.) and wasn't paying attention to the dead man in the kitchen. The good friend had, in some messed up luck of the draw, pleaded for his life and actually won. I assume it had to be him, as the only other household member, the current heir, was at school, and my founder was actually sleeping through the event.

My question is whether this breaks the rules of the challenge. It states that household members cannot plead with Death, and that non-immortals' deaths cannot be expedited, but nothing on whether NPCs can affect their lifespans. I don't want to keep going this early in the challenge if it's already null and void.

Wow I didn't know NPC's could do that. I'm also curious whether you may continue or not, it was not intended of course. Although the rules state you can't do it, I hope you can continue your Dynasty.

Welcome btw  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1982 on: June 19, 2016, 11:41:48 AM »
@Nutella Thank you, my makeovers life will be so much easier now <3
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1983 on: June 19, 2016, 02:52:05 PM »
@SeraNita

Team had discussed over this issue and find that you are at no fault and may continue with your dynasty.  Although NPC pleading with grim is new, haven't seen this before.  Just be careful not to have any of your household members plead with grim.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #1984 on: June 25, 2016, 11:25:04 AM »
I have just started a new dynasty, and I'm only on the morning of day 2, yet my founder says she will be aging to an adult in zero days.  Is there anything you know of that I can do to age her back down?  Do we know if this is a new bug of some kind?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1985 on: June 25, 2016, 12:43:42 PM »
I have just started a new dynasty, and I'm only on the morning of day 2, yet my founder says she will be aging to an adult in zero days.  Is there anything you know of that I can do to age her back down?  Do we know if this is a new bug of some kind?

Is she pregnant?   During the pregnant pausing effect the age bar will suddenly start bubbling as if the person will age up at any minute. But it's really just a pause not a sudden aging. 

If she's not pregnant, is she a fresh CAS sim or someone you saved after playing?  Saving a Sim without making a twin keeps a lot of information including exact spot on life bar if you change their life stage.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #1986 on: June 25, 2016, 01:46:13 PM »
She's pregnant...I don't usually look at tab to notice if it has done this before.  So, you're saying she isn't going to actually age up?  Will she return to normal after giving birth?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #1987 on: June 25, 2016, 01:47:12 PM »
She's pregnant...I don't usually look at tab to notice if it has done this before.  So, you're saying she isn't going to actually age up?  Will she return to normal after giving birth?
Yes, I had this too.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1988 on: June 25, 2016, 01:51:29 PM »

It's new since the June 2nd patch when they redid the ui that it happens during the paused pregnancy bug.  I put it on the weird pictures thread.  When the pregnancy is over, she will go back to the age she was when she got pregnant, maybe the day after.  If you didn't get the notification for the birthday, No need to worry.  You'll truly know when it's their birthday by getting the notification with the cake suggesting a party.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1989 on: June 26, 2016, 07:37:21 PM »

It's new since the June 2nd patch when they redid the ui that it happens during the paused pregnancy bug.  I put it on the weird pictures thread.  When the pregnancy is over, she will go back to the age she was when she got pregnant, maybe the day after.  If you didn't get the notification for the birthday, No need to worry.  You'll truly know when it's their birthday by getting the notification with the cake suggesting a party.

This was supposed to fixed with the last patch! Make sure you are all patched up which you should be, right, as it's part of the challenge requirements anyway. Sometimes patches are not retroactive though but I would have assumed a fix like this would have been.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1990 on: June 26, 2016, 07:42:24 PM »
This was supposed to fixed with the last patch! Make sure you are all patched up which you should be, right, as it's part of the challenge requirements anyway. Sometimes patches are not retroactive though but I would have assumed a fix like this would have been.

I hadn't read anywhere that this has been patched but that's good news.  However, I've had issues with certain things not really working for previous game files :(

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #1991 on: June 26, 2016, 08:23:37 PM »
Yes, I am patched up all the way...my updates run automatically, and it did it on Friday (i think) when it did the update for the upcoming stuff pack.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1992 on: June 27, 2016, 12:47:07 PM »
So I learned something new today that I think would be great for everyone to know that works on dynasties.  I'm completely patched up, have been working on the Collecting Challenge without making a new folder and went to play the Grims just because I missed them.  I loaded into their game and remembered. "Oh I should put on aging before I hit play"  and the settings for my dynasty were still there!   I went back to main menu, loaded into my collectors game and the settings for it were still there, too!    Completely different settings per save file?  It might be because I set it all up in the game file and not the options menu prior to starting a new game.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1993 on: June 27, 2016, 02:18:47 PM »
Nice tip, Rica.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1994 on: June 27, 2016, 09:52:56 PM »
I think individual games saves have always maintained their settings.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.