Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698134 times)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2160 on: November 06, 2016, 04:48:28 PM »
Can you use the City Living expansion in the Dynasty? I would love to have one of my immortals get one of the new jobs and maybe open a restaurant in Sim Misyumo or something. Also, I love the new build/buy items :D

Yes, you can use City Living. The only thing that hasn't been decided yet is whether there's a lot for the Immortal Dynasty there.

Thank you just making sure, I was also a bit hasitant because someone suggested that it could be counting as a repopulation of your dynasty file.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2161 on: November 07, 2016, 10:59:28 AM »
I was looking into the new aspiration from City Living to see whether you can do it for your Dynasty, but you need to own an appartment for that. So you can't really do that right? Because you can't have more houses.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2162 on: November 07, 2016, 11:10:31 AM »
City Living is just not suitable for Immortal Dynasty starting lots.  Would it be a crime to not include "San Myshuno" as one of the starting lots for this dynasty?  I would like to hear player's opinion on this.  We could force a starting lot, but lots of cheats will have to be allowed, so kinda hesitate on moving forward with it.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2163 on: November 07, 2016, 11:43:54 AM »
I think it wouldn't be a bad idea not to include it. You can still go there and do a lot of things.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2164 on: November 07, 2016, 01:57:14 PM »
In my legacy, my sims go to the festivals. The Museums, gym etc are great. I haven't played the careers yet. But not starting a dynasty there is no problem for me.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2165 on: November 07, 2016, 02:28:14 PM »
I for one would love to start a dynasty there as it is a really interesting town.  The only real problem with San M is the lots.  If you've read my posts you can see there are two problems; the size and the cost.  Basically it boils down to one lot available, the Old Salt House, so the only thing you guys would have to do is allow a one time money cheat to buy it after it is bulldozed and allow for that size lot.  It is quite buildable, both up and down, and would be suitable for all the things you'd need for a dynasty.  You can step out of this lot right into the Spice Center, and do all the normal things including fishing off the pier close by without traveling.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2166 on: November 07, 2016, 05:55:07 PM »
I'm not playing an immortal dynasty at the moment, but I'm always following this thread and reading other simmers' stories.
Personally, I think the present Immortal Dynasty and City Living ask for different styles of gameplay.
Whereas in an Immortal Dynasty we start at one lot and gradually transform it into a multigenerational home, I've found most of the fun in City Living is starting out dirt-poor and gradually moving into nicer and nicer apartments as household funds increase.

Even without living in San Myshuno, we can still enjoy the festivals and flea markets, as @MissZoef and @sdhoey already pointed out.
City Living offers much that makes a dynasty so much easier: the lot traits are OP, you can simply buy or find stuff that used to take sim-months to acquire (like the UFO plant).
I think it would be super amazing if the Challenge Team or @Joria (or both) would design a separate, smaller challenge that exploits all of City Living's new features, a challenge where the founder starts out in San Myshuno.
Just my two cents.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2167 on: November 07, 2016, 06:13:53 PM »
@oshizu Yeah I think it would ask for a different style of gameplay indeed. Also, the lot traits are VERY OP. I was almost shocked how quickly you can learn skills. When you don't feel like griding a skill for too long in your IDC it can be nice, but it makes it so much easier.

I would love to see a challenge designed for Sim Myschuno, maybe something for next year?

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #2168 on: November 07, 2016, 07:27:13 PM »
Yes, you can use City Living. The only thing that hasn't been decided yet is whether there's a lot for the Immortal Dynasty there.

The truly only bulldozer able lot for dynasty is the Salt House in the Spice District.  Can't bull doze the Park because of no bull dozing venue lots rule and can't really bull doze apartments/lofts of any size comparable for a dynasty.  They need to be hammered out piece by piece.  Possible is the Landgraab building but then your Sim needs to have $5,000 a week rent.  Bull dozed, the Old Salt House costs $9,000 but is only a 30x30 lot.   Torendi Tower Penthouse is a 40x30 lot when hammered out and costs $37,850 which is unaffordable by a starter Sim and gave me a serious case of vertigo.  So you would have to make separate rules/exceptions to be able to do a HOF dynasty here.  Bull dozing the Park would be a crime and really take out a LOT of what you go to San M for. 

If bulldozing venues becomes allowed in San M, the Casbah Gallery is a 40x30 lot but for $30,000, again, not affordable.  The Stargazer Lounge is 40x30 but costs $44,465.  The gym is too small.  The Park can be bull dozed but the venue cannot be changed so it would remain a park.

Darn these rising costs of housing in the city!
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2169 on: November 08, 2016, 01:32:43 PM »
Question:  what does OP mean?

I think what folks are not remembering in the discussion about IDC in San M is there is no reason you cannot play IDC STYLE.  It just would not be legal for the HOF.  So if someone wanted to do an IDC for purposes of writing a story, or even just for practice, they could.  It just wouldn't count challenge wise. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2170 on: November 08, 2016, 01:48:46 PM »
Question:  what does OP mean?

Gamer term for overpowered.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2171 on: November 08, 2016, 03:13:24 PM »
We will have the final decision on the new city and lot traits later this evening or tomorrow morning. 

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2172 on: November 08, 2016, 03:52:34 PM »
We will have the final decision on the new city and lot traits later this evening or tomorrow morning. 

I thought you can use the lot traits since you are allowed to use the EP. However, I can see why this is under consideration. As far as I experienced they are pretty OP.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2173 on: November 08, 2016, 08:06:42 PM »
SKILL BOOSTING LOT TRAITS LIST:

-- Bracing Breezes (Athletic, Wellness)
-- Convivial (Charisma, Comedy, Mischief)
-- Fast Internet (Programming, Writing, Video Gaming)
-- Great Acoustics (Guitar, Piano, Violin, Singing, DJ)
-- Homey (Mixology, Gardening, Cooking, Handiness, Baking)
-- Natural Light (Handiness, Painting, Photography)
-- Science Lair (Logic, Rocket Science)
-- Study Spot (All Skills)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2174 on: November 08, 2016, 08:13:13 PM »

ADULT SKILL BOOSTING CLUB PERKS LIST:

-- Baking
-- Charisma
-- Comedy
-- Cooking
-- Dancing