Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 698090 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1935 on: June 11, 2016, 03:37:37 PM »
chef station allowed on home lots?
Allowed.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1936 on: June 11, 2016, 03:49:47 PM »
@Nutella Thank you very much :D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1937 on: June 11, 2016, 07:51:12 PM »
Rules Update:

You may alter menus only in restaurants that you own.

Just noticed that the mixology drink 'Snaggle Fluster' is available in Maxis restaurants when you go into the "edit a custom menu" options. Considering this drink increases skilling rates by a huge amount and is normally only available through the mixologist career as a job opportunity... which is quite hard to get, it doesn't seem right to have this option available in a dynasty challenge. Thoughts?
With the new rule, you at least have to go to the trouble of owning a restaurant to be able to edit in "Snaggle Fluster".  There are too many skilling advantages from club expansion pack (club skilling perks) that makes snaggle fluster less impactful than before.

True, I keep forgetting about club skiling perks as I don't use them in my dynasty! lol makes it all waaaayyy too easy!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1938 on: June 12, 2016, 08:37:37 PM »
Hi, guys. Regarding my last ask about the bugged successful lineage aspiration, the 'mentor a child three times' req has been completed and checked, the 'have a child reach the top of a career' has been completed and checked, while the the child has completed their own aspiration but that particular requirement has yet to be checked. Permission to use the milestone cheat to complete the aspiration?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1939 on: June 13, 2016, 07:14:07 AM »
@dontmindme
Yes go ahead and use the milestone cheat for "Have a Child Complete an Aspiration".

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #1940 on: June 13, 2016, 09:23:52 AM »
    • Your 7th generation firstborn must be a female. She will need to become pregnant without adding a spouse to the household to bring in the 8th and final immortal.

Since now both women and men can get pregnant with a quick change of settings, (and you guys have OK'd gender customization for this challenge), I think it makes sense to change the requirement to "being able to get pregnant" instead of being based on gender.[/list]

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
    « Reply #1941 on: June 13, 2016, 09:53:04 AM »
    RULES UPDATE:

Your 7th generation firstborn must be able to get pregnant. He/she will need to become pregnant without adding a spouse to the household to bring in the 8th and final immortal.

@officialghosts, thank you for catching that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
    • Watcher
    « Reply #1942 on: June 13, 2016, 11:16:46 AM »
    @Nutella Shouldn't that just be 7th gen (6th gen needs to move in partner so there is only one spot left in the house)? Sorry to be nitpicky!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
    « Reply #1943 on: June 13, 2016, 11:27:07 AM »
    @Nettlejuice
    What if your 6th generation marries an elder spouse and the spouse dies before you give birth to 7th generation?  I know personally from my past immortal dynasty that I was able to move in an elderly spouse and have them died on me before the heir was born.  You will have 2 spots open that time instead of 1.  And if you are super unlucky, your 6th gen might give birth to twins!  :'(

EDIT: Actually nevermind, I just figure out your 6th gen will never have twins because of the spouse taking up a spot even before he dies.  I will change the wording right now.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
      • oshizu's asylum
    « Reply #1944 on: June 13, 2016, 12:26:44 PM »
    @Nettlejuice
    What if your 6th generation marries an elder spouse and the spouse dies before you give birth to 7th generation?  I know personally from my past immortal dynasty that I was able to move in an elderly spouse and have them died on me before the heir was born.  You will have 2 spots open that time instead of 1.  And if you are super unlucky, your 6th gen might give birth to twins!  :'(

EDIT: Actually nevermind, I just figure out your 6th gen will never have twins because of the spouse taking up a spot even before he dies.  I will change the wording right now.

I would just like to add that the scenario Nutella first painted has happened to me twice:
    I have a household of six sims, so I move in an elder so that my couple can only have a single birth. The mother gets pregnant. I think everything's perfect.
    Then, due to my poor math skills, the elder dies before the child is born. Now there are two spots left and the mother gives birth to twins.
    It logically shouldn't work this way (there was only one spot left at conception), but it has.  For my sims, at least.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
    « Reply #1945 on: June 13, 2016, 12:30:56 PM »
    Then, due to my poor math skills, the elder dies before the child is born. Now there are two spots left and the mother gives birth to twins.
    It logically shouldn't work this way (there was only one spot left at conception), but it has.  For my sims, at least.

Ah, so the spots left is determine at childbirth instead of conception?  Good to know.  In sims 3 it is determine during conception, I guess EA change it in sims 4.  I will revert the rules wording back to "firstborn" for those unlucky players like oshizu.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
    • Watcher
    « Reply #1946 on: June 13, 2016, 12:43:14 PM »
    But wouldn't that be a fail? There are 6 immortals in the house, 7th can't have a child until their sibling dies and by that time 7th gen also risks dying?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
    • Watcher
      • sdhoeys Sims & More
    « Reply #1947 on: June 13, 2016, 01:21:49 PM »
    @oshizu

According to the sims wiki on childbirth "The number of babies born is determined at conception, but the gender is determined at birth." So maybe you have a glitch of some sort.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Pregnancy (under conception)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
    • Watcher
    • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
    « Reply #1948 on: June 13, 2016, 01:36:08 PM »
    That used to be true for sure in the other Sims games but the twins in my current dynasty also came from someone dying after conception.  So maybe it's a bug and no one has reported it. 

Also having twins at the birth of gen 7 is an automatic failure.  The twin wouldn't die until elder stage and even with gender customization you cannot get pregnant as an elder.
    Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
    Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
    « Reply #1949 on: June 13, 2016, 01:40:41 PM »
    That would probably be one of the most frustrating ways to fail your dynasty

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

anything