Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 711384 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2056 on: August 26, 2016, 10:11:22 PM »
Did you know there is a social for Grim which is "Demand Sim be Spared"?  I'm thinking this is a no no for us but thought I'd mention it as it could be a loophole since you aren't Pleading for Life.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2057 on: September 02, 2016, 12:49:17 PM »
@Joria: I always assumed that the rule covered that interaction too and I personally wouldn't pardon anyone who willingly used it in a dynasty regardless of how the rule was written, but do you think we should clarify and add it in as well?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #2058 on: September 02, 2016, 02:10:40 PM »
There are a few different interactions that serve the same purpose as pleading, depending on the sim's mood. If they are flirty they can attempt to seduce Grim into sparing the dying sim. I have assumed they were all covered under the "no life extension for non-immortals" ban, but it might be worth clarifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #2059 on: September 02, 2016, 02:13:22 PM »
@Trip making things clear and removing grey areas around the rules is always a good thing in my opinion so that people can't claim that "I didn't know that wasn't allowed" as their defense.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2060 on: September 02, 2016, 02:21:17 PM »
@Deklitch @FrancescaFiori: Huh.

Does this look better?

Household members cannot complete the Bodybuilder Aspiration, use Potions of Youth, Essence of Life (from cowplant), Book of Life (from writing skill), Plead with the Grim Reaper to save a dying sim or using any other interaction to demand a sim's life back, use Age-Away Serum, wish for Youthful Vigor from the wishing well, or any other methods of extending life.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #2061 on: September 02, 2016, 02:25:24 PM »
Looks great! I would just say "use" instead of "using" so that the verb tenses all agree, but as far as clarifying the rule I think it's perfect. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2062 on: September 02, 2016, 08:16:50 PM »
Perfect!  Being one who MIGHT try to sneak something by that makes it absolutely clear.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2063 on: September 02, 2016, 09:45:08 PM »
Done.

Rule Clarification: Added line to clarify that using any socials to demand a sim back from the Grim Reaper are banned.

Household members cannot complete the Bodybuilder Aspiration, use Potions of Youth, Essence of Life (from cowplant), Book of Life (from writing skill), Plead with the Grim Reaper to save a dying sim or use any other interaction to demand a sim's life back, use Age-Away Serum, wish for Youthful Vigor from the wishing well, or any other methods of extending life.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #2064 on: September 19, 2016, 01:08:02 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out how on Earth y'all manage to get this right! I've tried about 3 times and never get past the Founding generation!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2065 on: September 28, 2016, 04:30:44 PM »
@Magpie2012 :  I have yet to make it all the way to the end of a dynasty so I understand totally!  You just have to keep plugging away.  For me, I write everything down starting with the rules so I can constantly recheck to make sure I haven't messed up or forgotten anything.  I think keeping notes helps a lot.

EDITED TO ADD QUESTION:  My towns do not seem to be repopulating at all.  Pretty much everyone is dead.  Oasis Springs is totally empty and the other towns are pretty empty as well.  Just about 8 households total most with single Sims in them.  Is there anything I can legally do to repopulate?  My pollinator has been busy but there is a dearth of females and once he's done his job the kids would all be related.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Narinn2045

• Townie
« Reply #2066 on: October 04, 2016, 06:35:14 PM »
Are we able to use the sugar skull collection for one of the immortal's museum items, and if so, would the final skull also count as one?
Current Stories
The Zanre Legacy

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2067 on: October 05, 2016, 07:37:07 AM »
Are we able to use the sugar skull collection for one of the immortal's museum items, and if so, would the final skull also count as one?
I do not have the xpac, let me check with other team members and get back to you with the answer. 

EDITED TO ADD QUESTION:  My towns do not seem to be repopulating at all.  Pretty much everyone is dead.  Oasis Springs is totally empty and the other towns are pretty empty as well.  Just about 8 households total most with single Sims in them.  Is there anything I can legally do to repopulate?  My pollinator has been busy but there is a dearth of females and once he's done his job the kids would all be related.
You are allowed to add EA created sims and/or sims that are created from scratch so they won't have any skills/advantages.  Please do not use gallery sims created by other players because those sims sometimes comes with too many hidden stuff that will cause unfair advantages.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2068 on: October 05, 2016, 11:09:12 AM »
@Nutella, it isn't a new xpac. It's the October Day of the Dead challenge. It's like the Easter Egg Hunt except that you ask specially dressed Sims for the sugar skulls.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2069 on: October 05, 2016, 01:22:10 PM »
@reggikko - Thank you.

** Sugar Skulls (October only) ** added to Museum list.

anything