Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707906 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2100 on: October 14, 2016, 05:54:19 AM »
I've been gone a bit but for some reason I decided to see what Tapatalk had been chirping at me about.  I have a question that bugs me at the moment -since when has the IDC ever been about storytelling?  As a player who does a story with her dynasty I'm not against it but the dynasties aren't about the stories you tell - they are about the game/challenge you play.  Already many things are allowed more in TS4 than were allowed in TS3 it seems and this would just be one more huge gap.  TS3 we had game generated clones and multiplying cars  and still that was no reason to allow mods/ the ability to add people to town even years later.  Moving people in using manage worlds if done in one dynasty is something that will have to be done for ALL dynasties. Allowing game generated sims to be placed in empty houses would even be like cheating against the memorized dynasty rules but feels like a minor compromise as dethdukk mentioned earlier. 

Maybe I'm just putting 2 cents where I'm not wanted. Someone can take my pennies if that's the case.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #2101 on: October 14, 2016, 06:07:23 AM »
I have a few questions about the Wishing Well from the Romantic Gardens stuff pack, I have just finished reading the guide and while I saw that Youthful Vigour is banned, I can't help but notice that some of the other wishes are pretty cheaty or just downright dangerous for Sims so I want to clarify a few things.

The skill wish can result in an instant 10 level skill or an increase from level one up to level four, clearly maxing a required skill this way is cheating. Would I be right in guessing that skills gained this way do not count?

If you get the death result on some wishes then your Sim gets a +99 emotion for the playful, embarrassed or angry moods which as we all know can result in death. Wouldn't this count as intentional killing?

There's also a wish that can return a ghost Sim back to life which I am pretty sure is a nono in an Immortal Dynasty.

Not to be a spoilsport guys but I'm wondering why there are not more restrictions on this well or why it isn't banned completely.  ???

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2102 on: October 14, 2016, 06:15:55 AM »
I am hoping the solutions the team is currently discussing to remedy player's town drying up issues will make the majority of everyone happier. We read everyone's posts and take it all in and then come up with rules, guys. We don't just sit back and do whatever the heck we want. We listen to you and do our best. But, after Nutella posts the new repopulating rules in the next day or two, everyone needs to let it drop because constantly harping on this is causing stress for some team members.

Nuff said.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2103 on: October 14, 2016, 08:09:00 AM »
PARAMETERS for re-populating world added to rules:

#1 -- 8 households left in all towns = world needs re-populating.
#2 -- Move in Sims can be a mixture of YA and/or children. Only caveat is you must create the Sim yourself from scratch in CAS or use the Maxis generated families.
#3 -- You must have at least one bad trait (mean, evil, glutton, insane, lazy, slob, hates children, jealous, noncommittal, squeamish, and unflirty) for each created sim. 
#4 -- If you are moving in Maxis generated families, leave their traits alone.
#5 -- You can move in a maximum of 20 Sims, household number does not matter.

There have been so much complaints and negativity about this rule in the forum lately, are there any positive ones?  Frankly it is quite disheartening to read so many complaints as the team put in quite a lot of time to make this forum/challenges/dynasties work for everyone.  I for one is quite stressed over this, never thought this would caused such a big backlash.  I'm trying my hardest here and it seems like it just isn't enough.

@Playalot  --  I'm sorry you have a different view and couldn't please you.  Yes this rule negates the need for pollination, but doesn't quite necessarily makes it easier.  It's just a different approach to populate town. 

@dethdukk -- I'm sorry that we made a rule that is reliant on what happens within the game.  I do not believe it will give a distinct advantage to players, in fact I think items like wishing well gives a tremendous amount of advantage to players that have the xpac than those that do not. 

@Ricalynn -- I'm sorry we don't have the same vision about dynasties.  For me tournament challenges caters more to type A personality and dynasties caters more to type B personality.  TS4 is a different game than TS3, while the dynasty shares the same name as the one in TS3 they are already plenty of differences between the two.  Maybe try not to compare TS3 immortal dynasty to this and view this dynasty as a brand new one?

NOTE TO ALL:  Players are allowed to make their own dynasties much harder by adding on more restrictions themselves if they feel the official version is too easy.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2104 on: October 14, 2016, 08:18:30 AM »
@Nutella Thank you, I for one like this rule. I have to see whether it applies to me or not, but it is nice I don't have to live in a ghost town anymore :)

I think it will be impossible to please everyone, but it's sad to read that people feel upset about it. You guys are doing a great job!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2105 on: October 14, 2016, 08:22:41 AM »
The skill wish can result in an instant 10 level skill or an increase from level one up to level four, clearly maxing a required skill this way is cheating. Would I be right in guessing that skills gained this way do not count?
Personally I have not touch the wishing well, thank you for bringing this up.  The team will discuss this and get back to you on this skill issue later.

If you get the death result on some wishes then your Sim gets a +99 emotion for the playful, embarrassed or angry moods which as we all know can result in death. Wouldn't this count as intentional killing?
Yes this is intentional killing. 

There's also a wish that can return a ghost Sim back to life which I am pretty sure is a nono in an Immortal Dynasty.
We already have a ban on this, no extending life. 

Not to be a spoilsport guys but I'm wondering why there are not more restrictions on this well or why it isn't banned completely.  ???
We try not to ban too many things as EA releases more and more xpac.  We like players to be able to experience all the different items that comes with all the different xpacs.  We will only ban certain things if it is against the "immortal" rules of extending life, and pretty relax on everything else.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #2106 on: October 14, 2016, 08:34:16 AM »
If it makes the Challenge Team feel any better, I for one like the new repopulating changes as it means I don't have to use a pollinator, not that I ever have, not my style, I'm too much of a romantic. ;) I understand that people have different approaches to repopulation, these new rules just give us one more option which is a good thing in my opinion, but I understand if not everybody agrees with that.

I haven't used the Wishing Well yet as I just got the Romantic Garden Stuff Pack, I decided to read the guide before testing and was pretty blown away by everything the Wishing Well can do. Since some of those things seemed kind of overpowered I thought I'd check with the Challenge Team on how all that works in Immortal Dynasties first.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #2107 on: October 14, 2016, 09:45:43 AM »
In respect to Carl's wish I'll keep this one short.  The rule seems fine, I just wish that first part wasn't included.

@Nutella in no way am I trying to make you feel bad, but I've sunk a lot of time into the ID, and so major rule changes like this one tend to be a big deal, to me and I suspect others that have a lot of time invested.  I do appreciate you guys taking your own time to run all this.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2108 on: October 14, 2016, 09:54:25 AM »

Skill gained this way do count, but there is no ban on this wishing well skill gain.  Reason is you can't pick the skill, and there's a chance that your Sim will die.  If your sim dies, then you will be disqualified from Hall of Fame.  Use this wishing wish at your own risk.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2109 on: October 14, 2016, 10:00:02 AM »
@Nutella
When you mention the "Maxis-generated families," do you mean the households that are "currently not in the world"?
Being able to move not-in-the-world sims into houses so they won't be culled would be great.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2110 on: October 14, 2016, 10:15:45 AM »
@dethdukk - thank you for the kind words.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2111 on: October 14, 2016, 10:43:18 AM »
@Nutella
When you mention the "Maxis-generated families," do you mean the households that are "currently not in the world"?
Being able to move not-in-the-world sims into houses so they won't be culled would be great.

Yes.  You can move not-in-the-world sims into houses, remember only 20 sims max.  Let's say Maxis generated this family of 4 (that you love!) wandering around town with no home, you can put them into a house so they won't be culled.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #2112 on: October 14, 2016, 12:50:13 PM »
I just want to say how excited I am about this new option. Empty towns are depressing, and I'm very grateful to the team for coming up with a solution. This comes at a particularly good time for me, as I'm heading into the later generations of my dynasty and don't have room for a pollinator in the house anymore. The last few generations are going to be a lot more interesting. Thank you!
A small question: Are Maxis-created households from the gallery allowed? I'm thinking specifically about MaxisCreator_01 because lots from that creator are allowed and I may or may not be thinking specifically about that household of eight doctors from the Get to Work promos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2113 on: October 14, 2016, 12:59:41 PM »
2nd Revision (or 3rd) for re-populating town:

The Manage Worlds screen is off limits unless you need to evict ghosts from households or re-populate town (more rules below).
- You are allowed to re-populate your town ONCE per dynasty.
- Move in Sims can be a mixture of YA and/or children.  They can be EA created Sims and/or Sims created from scratch in CAS with a blank slate - no rewards/skills, etc.
- You must have at least one bad trait (mean, evil, glutton, insane, lazy, slob, hates children, jealous, noncommittal, squeamish, and unflirty) for each created Sim.
- If you are moving in Maxis/EA generated families, leave their traits alone.
- You can move in a maximum of 20 Sims, household number does not matter.
- Gallery Sims from other players are not allowed.

Be careful not to re-populate your town too early in your dynasty.  You are allowed to do this only once, if you re-populate too early and your town dies out later in your dynasty you are stuck with ghost town or have to resort to using pollination method.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2114 on: October 14, 2016, 01:12:10 PM »
Hi @Nutella. There isn't an unflirty trait.