Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697601 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2145 on: October 29, 2016, 12:28:56 AM »
Huh. I missed that memo. Not surprised though. :D

Though the rulings for dynasties are still in the air. Sorry folks.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #2146 on: October 29, 2016, 08:52:20 AM »
At what point do we have to 'decide' which aspirations are going to be the 'unique' aspirations? Is it when they eat ambrosia, or is if automatically the first two unique aspirations they complete?

From what I've planned out, my Gen 2 heir is meant to do the Big Happy Family aspiration as one of her unique ones, but if I, for example, reach a point where she's getting warnings from Grim before she has 4 grandchildren, or is good friends with 4 grandchildren, I would want a back up plan (I should be able to do it. Heir gets married and has a kid, spare serves function of pollinator and has 3 kids outside the house. But I still want a plan B). At the moment, one of my 'open to anyone' aspirations is Angling Ace, purely because in my planning, there wasn't a particular sim I wanted to give it to, but no one has completed it yet.

So I'll get Gen 2 heir to work towards and hopefully complete Angling Ace, without letting anyone else have a got at it initially. If I get warnings before Big Happy Family is finished, I'll count Angling Ace as one of her two Unique aspirations and away we go. But if she completes Angling Ace before she completes Big Happy Family, and I still successfully get Big Happy Family done in time, can I still count Big Happy family as her 1 unique aspiration, so that other Immortals could do Angling Ace if they so desired?

Or is it a case of she completed Bestselling Author and Angling Ace first, so those two must count as her Unique Aspirations?

Does that make sense?
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2147 on: October 29, 2016, 11:48:40 AM »
Lot Traits - not a huge issue with me for Dynasties, but let's have other team members weigh in.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2148 on: October 29, 2016, 03:46:16 PM »
At what point do we have to 'decide' which aspirations are going to be the 'unique' aspirations? Is it when they eat ambrosia, or is if automatically the first two unique aspirations they complete?

From what I've planned out, my Gen 2 heir is meant to do the Big Happy Family aspiration as one of her unique ones, but if I, for example, reach a point where she's getting warnings from Grim before she has 4 grandchildren, or is good friends with 4 grandchildren, I would want a back up plan (I should be able to do it. Heir gets married and has a kid, spare serves function of pollinator and has 3 kids outside the house. But I still want a plan B). At the moment, one of my 'open to anyone' aspirations is Angling Ace, purely because in my planning, there wasn't a particular sim I wanted to give it to, but no one has completed it yet.

So I'll get Gen 2 heir to work towards and hopefully complete Angling Ace, without letting anyone else have a got at it initially. If I get warnings before Big Happy Family is finished, I'll count Angling Ace as one of her two Unique aspirations and away we go. But if she completes Angling Ace before she completes Big Happy Family, and I still successfully get Big Happy Family done in time, can I still count Big Happy family as her 1 unique aspiration, so that other Immortals could do Angling Ace if they so desired?

Or is it a case of she completed Bestselling Author and Angling Ace first, so those two must count as her Unique Aspirations?

Does that make sense?

The way I understand it is that you can switch at will as long as the founder or another heir has not completed the aspiration. Once a founder or heir eats ambrosia, then whatever they did is confirmed and cannot be changed. So, say your founder completes Master Chef, Master Mixologist, and Freelance Botanist. Two of those must remain unique, but one can be shared. No heir may claim any of those three as unique. So, you decide that Freelance Botanist will be shared. Once a second heir completes any aspiration, that can no longer count as unique. They can still work on claimed aspirations for points, but you have to be very careful that they don't complete the final milestone or you fail the dynasty.

If you have two Sims complete the same aspiration before ambrosia is eaten, then that aspiration automatically becomes shared and both Sims would each need two unique aspirations in order to complete their goals. In other words, nothing is "set" until ambrosia is eaten. Just be sure you have 16 unique aspirations and all can share any of the remaining ones. Does that make sense?

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #2149 on: October 30, 2016, 04:32:54 AM »
Thanks for your reply, @reggikko. I thought that to be the case, but I wasn't sure. :) Thanks for putting my mind at ease. :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2150 on: November 02, 2016, 12:37:16 AM »
Isn't there a lot size requirement for dynasty play?  If so, I doubt we'd be able to do a dynasty in San Misyumo.  The price for the apartments is pretty high for anything that might work for a dynasty, I think, and with the no moving rule how would you work it?  Going back in to check this out. 

EDITED:  Ok, you can't get the penthouse low enough in price by removing everything except the elevator, mail box and trash shute.  So that one would be out.  If you choose the Alto building you can bull doze the apartment but once you move in you are left with only $4,500 Simoleons in a big, empty, space.  By adjusting the cash with money cheats you can get up to the required $10,000.  I would say the space is closer to 40x30 than 50x50 but I'm not real good at gauging it since it is an unusual shape, more oblong than square.  I know it will take you some time to figure out if we can actually do a dynasty there without messing up all the rules but I sure would love to hear what the verdict is once you have the chance.  Thanks you guys.  You are the best.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2151 on: November 02, 2016, 03:12:03 PM »
The team will look into this, thanks for the info Joria.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2152 on: November 02, 2016, 09:11:49 PM »
The Landgraab building is "possible" but it takes work.  You cannot just bulldoze it, you have to go in and hammer everything or you lose the entire second floor.  It is plenty big enough for the purposes  but even totally hammered out there is a $25,000 deposit which is too much for a beginner Sim.  They could, of course, once they have landed on a cheap lot, just go and get either of the wealthiest families to move in, then move everyone into that building.  It's quite nice.  The devs did a great job decorating the apartments, even the cheapest ones.  I'm going to do a practice run doing just that.  Move in the rich guys and then move into the building with them.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #2153 on: November 03, 2016, 08:50:12 AM »
Does installing an EP (such as city living) that comes with a new world, with new townies, and with a Dynasty already in progress count as 're-populating'? Half of me thinks it should, the other half thinks it shouldn't.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2154 on: November 03, 2016, 09:11:40 AM »
@Whirligig: I don't think so. It's certainly nice and kind of a boon to have a few new townies, but it's a different beast from repopulating your game. I'm actually gonna try to play through a little more of my dynasty before buying CL for that reason...but we'll see how long I last. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Jen

• Nooboo
« Reply #2155 on: November 05, 2016, 11:02:16 AM »
Does anyone know how to fix a grafting bug without starting the game over?  :( My sim takes a cutting from a plant, but when in her inventory it doesn't say what type of plant it's from. Then when she tries grafting it onto a plant there seems to be a glitch where she jumps back and nothing is grafted. I've restarted the game multiple times, cleared the cache, reset the sim and debugged the plants - none of which works.

I have successfully grafted many times in other games, but not the one I'm currently playing.

In searches, it looks like this was supposed to be fixed in a patch. Any suggestions? Is there a workaround so I don't have to start my Dynasty over?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2156 on: November 05, 2016, 12:37:51 PM »
Jen, that's been broken again since the last patch. As a workaround, harvest the plants you want to graft, plant them on your home lot and take the cuttings from there. Grafting from plants on your Sim's lot is working.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2157 on: November 05, 2016, 03:43:56 PM »
Can you use the City Living expansion in the Dynasty? I would love to have one of my immortals get one of the new jobs and maybe open a restaurant in Sim Misyumo or something. Also, I love the new build/buy items :D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2158 on: November 05, 2016, 04:52:51 PM »
Can you use the City Living expansion in the Dynasty? I would love to have one of my immortals get one of the new jobs and maybe open a restaurant in Sim Misyumo or something. Also, I love the new build/buy items :D

Yes, you can use City Living. The only thing that hasn't been decided yet is whether there's a lot for the Immortal Dynasty there.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2159 on: November 06, 2016, 04:00:58 PM »
Yes, you can use City Living. The only thing that hasn't been decided yet is whether there's a lot for the Immortal Dynasty there.

The truly only bulldozer able lot for dynasty is the Salt House in the Spice District.  Can't bull doze the Park because of no bull dozing venue lots rule and can't really bull doze apartments/lofts of any size comparable for a dynasty.  They need to be hammered out piece by piece.  Possible is the Landgraab building but then your Sim needs to have $5,000 a week rent.  Bull dozed, the Old Salt House costs $9,000 but is only a 30x30 lot.   Torendi Tower Penthouse is a 40x30 lot when hammered out and costs $37,850 which is unaffordable by a starter Sim and gave me a serious case of vertigo.  So you would have to make separate rules/exceptions to be able to do a HOF dynasty here.  Bull dozing the Park would be a crime and really take out a LOT of what you go to San M for. 

If bulldozing venues becomes allowed in San M, the Casbah Gallery is a 40x30 lot but for $30,000, again, not affordable.  The Stargazer Lounge is 40x30 but costs $44,465.  The gym is too small.  The Park can be bull dozed but the venue cannot be changed so it would remain a park.

----------
My No Buy Story

anything