Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697736 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1710 on: February 01, 2016, 07:31:12 PM »
I've been working on Dean and Sam in CAS.. *fans self* now back to immortal dynasty talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #1711 on: February 01, 2016, 09:36:51 PM »
Winchester? As in the rifle? Or Supernatural? If it's the latter could I please request Dean and not Sam ;-D Jensen Ackles is my <3

Showing my age here, but when I read Winchester, I thought Charles Winchester from M*A*S*H*

I'm sure you'd prefer Sam or Dean to Charles, @Magpie2012 :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1712 on: February 01, 2016, 10:30:10 PM »
Lol @Deklitch it's been so long since I saw an episode of M*A*S*H that it just didn't even register lol (plus, I was a little kiddie at the time so that could also be why) and yeah, I definitely prefer Dean lol (not Sam, while he's cute and all, he just plain annoys me)

@Nutella 11 years O_O I knew it had been ages, but so long O_O grief, now I also feel old lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline dtaymoore

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1713 on: February 01, 2016, 10:33:47 PM »
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere.

I have a school age heir who on their first day of grade school (no less!) apparently got sick. I didn't see the sick icon until after 7 am passed to let me know that school was would start in an hour. Almost immediately after, it told me to keep my sick kid home. I did the medicine right after, but it's won't give me the option to send the kid to school anymore for today.

Anything I can do? I was not aware that this would happen :(

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1714 on: February 02, 2016, 02:51:23 AM »
My dynasty gen3's elderly spouse just died of over-exertion in the pool after my clicking "swim laps" twice.  He was *very happy* from a recent vow renewal, so I didn't notice the mortally exhausted buff until grim came.  It was wholly unintentional - I didn't think swimming tired out the old folks too much.  Does this count as intentional killing, or may I continue my dynasty?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1715 on: February 02, 2016, 02:54:07 AM »
@dtaymoore
If the game won't let your child go to school because of illness, that's okay.

@tjtemple
You can continue your dynasty, but in the future please refrain from sending your elderly to swimming. 

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1716 on: February 02, 2016, 03:34:00 AM »
I've just had a very odd bug occur in my Dynasty. Malcolm Landgraab died a natural death of old age. Putting his tombstone in a sim's inventory to take it to the designated graveyard didn't work, so I released his spirit to the Netherworld and deleted the tombstone. Shortly after, my founder's husband also died a natural death, and she took his tombstone away. When she returned to the family home, Malcolm is alive and well once again, an elder towards the end of his life  but not at the very end.

What should I do? Continue with Undead Malcolm, or return to a previous save?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #1717 on: February 02, 2016, 04:09:11 AM »

@tjtemple
You can continue your dynasty, but in the future please refrain from sending your elderly to swimming.

Thank you - will stick to yoga from now on!  Poor old Clive Pinto (RIP)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1718 on: February 02, 2016, 04:36:03 AM »
@Lady Orc
The bug sounds weird.  Return to a previous save if that's not too much work for you.  I am afraid continuing with undead malcolm might caused more bugs/problems later, safer to go back to previous save.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1719 on: February 02, 2016, 04:50:23 AM »
Very good, I will do so, and I'll lose only a half hour or so of playtime so no big deal. :) Hopefully it won't happen again.

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1720 on: February 02, 2016, 10:28:57 AM »
I had something odd happen last night.

I tried to plan outfits for Erik and when I was done and tried to accept the changes. Suddenly Olivia was on the screen and I couldn’t select my prior changes. Her last name highlights in red and won’t let me change her outfits either. Any thoughts? Do I need to shorten Olivia’s name to make things work?

One other comment; I'm pretty sure I'll 100% refrain from CC! Seems there are lots of bugs and those scare the bejeesus out of me.

@Magpie2012 – Winchester is mostly from Supernatural however the character is a girl who isn’t at all Supernatural. Samantha Winchester is my founder and it just happens that Samantha is my favorite name and often a main character in my NaNoWriMo novels. That being said I’m hoping my heir is a boy. Will need to search if we can influence gender still.

@Nutella – I’m so glad you included the part about not being able to have an heir from someone who already has a child. Sigh… I had so much hope for Eric Lewis and Sam’s future babies. Guess I’ll be schmoozing that blonde; Travis Scott. Sam became quick friends with Dennis Kim so I moved that family in. I’m really enjoying Dennis and Vivien from that family group. Bonus Dennis has gardening skill. Thought I’d have her make an heir with Eric. Phew…………….  I didn’t really want her as a homewrecker. Sam’s almost an adult and well, this heir needs to happen. Travis was my second choice so “upgrade” LOL…

@Lady Orc – YIKES! Guess I’ll keep my elders out of the pool. Glad you were able to continue your Legacy. ---Also, Lady Orc do you play WoW?

@dtaymoore – Oh boy. Sickness in Sims 4 seems to more realistic than from prior versions. I’m also glad you are able to continue your Legacy.

Carry on my Wayward Simmers (lol)....

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1721 on: February 02, 2016, 10:35:10 AM »
Not sure about the last name in red problem, did you try shortening her last name to see if it works?

Yes there is a way to influence gender.  Strawberries and pop music -- girls, carrots and alternative music -- boys.  Eat these and listen to music while your sim is pregnant.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1722 on: February 02, 2016, 10:44:16 AM »
Happy to say that the second time around both Malcolm and the other elders in the house who were scheduled for demise all died properly, punctually and without bugs. :) Also, very glad that hint about getting boys or girls was posted, since I wasn't aware of it. Now I suspect I know why I've kept getting girls, since the pop music channel is the one I use the most.

@Chickwit  yes, I do.

Offline Chickwit

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1723 on: February 02, 2016, 10:47:56 AM »
Nutella - I didn't try to shorten it yet. I was afraid of doing anything that might make my 2nd Dynasty defunct.
So I'll try shortening her name tonight.

Thank you for the gender influencing tips!  ;D

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #1724 on: February 02, 2016, 12:05:58 PM »
I just had that same problem with Olivia! Changing her last name fixed it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything