Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697724 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2175 on: November 08, 2016, 08:24:28 PM »
BIG CHANGES ** PLEASE READ **

Lot Traits & Club Perks Rules

Lot Traits Route -- Only one skill boosting lot trait allowed, the other 2 spots can be empty or any non-skill boosting lot traits.  Once all the traits are chosen, they must remain the same for the rest of the dynasty.
Club Perks Route -- Only one adult skill boosting club perk allowed, no limit on other perks.
CHOOSE: Lot Traits OR Club Perks, cannot have both.  No changes once you pick a route, must remain the same route for the entire dynasty.
You may opt to not choose either route, this means NO club perks and only allowed to have non-skill boosting lot traits.

*** NOTE *** If you have already used multiple club perks skill boosts, don't worry you are still qualify for HOF status.  Go with the club perks route and keep all the skill boosts you have, you are exempt from the one skill boosting club perk rule.  If you rather go lot traits, disband and delete your club.

REMEMBER if you are not aiming for Hall of Fame, none of these applies to you as you can do whatever you want in your dynasty.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2176 on: November 09, 2016, 12:46:12 AM »
So, would it be permissible to have a club and get Rally the Troops, not use any club skill boost, and use one of the lot trait skill boosts instead? Only boosts that affect skills are restricted?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2177 on: November 09, 2016, 07:28:25 AM »
So, would it be permissible to have a club and get Rally the Troops, not use any club skill boost, and use one of the lot trait skill boosts instead? Only boosts that affect skills are restricted?

No.  The reason we came up with you must choose either one of the route and not both because clubs have too many good stuff even without the skill boosting ones.  Rally the troops and networked club are way too overpowered.  At least with lot traits, you still have to spend points buying moodlet solver while the club ones just several socials.  Also with lot traits I did not see any career boosting ones and the networked club is much too effective and works even when gathering is not on.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #2178 on: November 09, 2016, 08:38:14 AM »
I'm still kind of confused.

Can we still have additional clubs for things apart from skill building/networking/rallying the troops in the main household?

I'm thinking of the pollinator's club full of women of child-bearing age, or the neighbourhood kids/teens clubs to easily introduce your sims to other sims, or the journalist's club to help him get through interviews so he can write articles. I'm not really using these clubs for skill boosting - are they still allowed? Or is it just that I'm not allowed to buy skill-boosting club perks in these clubs? I feel like these more closely follow the intent behind being in a club in the first place - regularly meeting with sims who share some sort of interest - rather than providing perks and boosts and so forth.
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2179 on: November 09, 2016, 10:19:13 AM »
@Whirligig

Yes, you can still have club with bunch of other perks, but can only buy ONE skill boosting perk.  Choose the one skill wisely.  This also means you cannot have any lot traits, leave the lot traits section blank.

Added this to the rule for clarity:
Club Perks Route -- Only one adult skill boosting club perk allowed, no limit on other perks.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2180 on: November 09, 2016, 10:31:11 AM »
Added to dynasty starting lot:

San Myshuno -- The Old Salt House (move in to any empty lot then use your phone to move household and bulldoze lot).

@Joria  ;)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2181 on: November 09, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »
Added these to the museum list:

Snow Globes
City Posters

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2182 on: November 09, 2016, 10:58:17 AM »
Updated Qualified Career List:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22195.msg407941.html#msg407941

Here are the new ones:

Critic: Arts Critic (City Living)
Critic: Food Critic (City Living)
Political: Charity Organizer (City Living)
Political: Politician (City Living)
Social Media: Internet Personality (City Living)
Social Media: Public Relations (City Living)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2183 on: November 09, 2016, 01:47:59 PM »
*** NOTE *** If you have already used multiple club perks skill boosts, don't worry you are still qualify for HOF status.  Go with the club perks route and keep all the skill boosts you have, you are exempt from the one skill boosting club perk rule.  If you rather go lot traits, disband and delete your club.

Thank you so much for that.  My guys have ALL the perks.  Why?  Just so I could use up the points.  I would really hate to lose my shot at HOF because of this.  No lot traits since they live in Willow Brook and I hadn't tried that there so, phew.  My Sims have more than one club they own but only one has used any points since it's mostly to gather folks to the house for party population control.  I take it the child related Club Perks are ok to use? They were not listed as a no-no.  They are, Homework, Mental, Social, Motor, and Creative.

Also, thanks for the OK for the Old Salt House in San M.  It comes with an unremoveable lot trait, Convivial, so guess any Club Perks will be out for any dynasty done there.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2184 on: November 09, 2016, 02:13:31 PM »
I take it the child related Club Perks are ok to use? They were not listed as a no-no.  They are, Homework, Mental, Social, Motor, and Creative.

Yes, all the child related perks are okay. 

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2185 on: November 09, 2016, 05:15:34 PM »
I have a question about the new changes considering lot traits/ club perks. Well, not really a question but more an interest of opinion. I wonder what other players consider a better pick: lot traits or club perks. I'm still deciding what to do. Generation 5 is on it's way.

Are there people who've already decided and why would you choose the one you have?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2186 on: November 09, 2016, 08:10:40 PM »
I have a family club in my dynasty solely for Rally the Troops. I had decided not to use the skill boosts or Networked because I felt like it made everything too easy. I use Rally the Troops very rarely--usually only if I want to do an extended fishing session. If I were to pick Lot traits, I think I'd go with Convivial, mainly because charisma and comedy are my least favorite skills to build. Repeated social interactions or talking into a mirror are very boring to me. Both ways have their pluses and minuses. Lot traits give a boost on more than one skill, but Rally the Troops allows Sims to skill for many more hours if you use it a lot. More time=more skills gained.

I'm wondering how this rule affects Leader of the Pack. If the player chooses lot traits, does that mean that aspiration is off the table?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2187 on: November 09, 2016, 08:46:26 PM »
@reggiko, I just looked at the requirements for Leader of the Pack. You do have to buy a club perk, but it doesn't have to be a skill-boosting one. I'd say you can still get the aspiration and use lot traits.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #2188 on: November 09, 2016, 09:27:14 PM »
I have a question about the new changes considering lot traits/ club perks. Well, not really a question but more an interest of opinion. I wonder what other players consider a better pick: lot traits or club perks. I'm still deciding what to do. Generation 5 is on it's way.

Are there people who've already decided and why would you choose the one you have?
My guess is lot traits would be better. With club skill perks, only one skill can be boosted. A lot trait like homey can boost more than one skill.

I am thinking of disbanding my existing club and starting fresh, in accordance with the new rules, though I'll probably still be using club perks as my thing. I mean, I've gotten this far without lot traits, right?

Though this will make it harder for me to hold off on installing city living. At the moment I just have the base game lot traits.

Wait, are Networked and Rally the Troops still allowed?
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2189 on: November 10, 2016, 06:19:34 AM »
@Whirligig I guess you have a point :)

Another thing occurred to me: since CL is allowed, you can still travel to lot venues in CL that have lot traits to boost your skills, so it would be more useful to use clubs for your IDC. Or am I using a loophole now? :P Also I noticed that you can boost certain skills during the festivals. So that are two ways you can still boost your skills with things from CL without using lot traits on your home lot.