Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge  (Read 192844 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Rival Dynasties Challenge
« Reply #330 on: February 02, 2016, 10:14:59 PM »
Aww, I'm so sorry you have to start again.  :-\
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #331 on: February 03, 2016, 10:39:24 AM »
Joria, the factory reset sounds a lot more complicated than it is. You already know how to open your "saves" folder, so before you open The Sims 4 in File Explorer, click on "rename" instead of "open". Rename The Sims 4 to The Sims 4.old, or whatever name you want. Hit enter and go back to your desktop. Now, start up your game. You'll have to sit through all the stuff about your "new" stuff packs, etc., but you'll have a completely empty beginning file.

When you want to go back to The Sims 4.old, rename The Sims 4 to The Sims 4.chal, and then rename The Sims 4.old to The Sims 4 -- if you try to do it the other way, you'll get a screen asking if you want to replace or merge one, which you don't.

This really is very useful if you're playing dynasty files because you don't have to keep remembering to change your aging options, etc.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #332 on: February 03, 2016, 10:48:07 AM »
Just a quick question. I don't play TS4, but I feel Joria's pain. In TS4 can you copy and paste your saves file to your desk top and rename it there, and then go back to your old saves file and just empty it?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #333 on: February 03, 2016, 02:26:47 PM »
What I was dreading was rewriting all that story but I think, if the team will allow it, I have a way around it.  I DO have one file where all my bloodlines are in Newcrest.  My Retail Bloodline has been played there up to the end of Week 1.  If allowed, I could just play my other two bloodlines basically redoing them the way they were already written.  Same helpers, same spouses etc.  The only thing that MIGHT wind up differently is Mansion Bloodline heir but since I'll eat strawberries it will still be a female heir.  I don't mind the replaying, just the rewriting.  Would you guys allow that?  Then I would take up the story line again from week two for Alien, which is basically where I left off.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #334 on: February 03, 2016, 02:53:44 PM »
@Joria, Sure, that sounds okay to me.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #335 on: February 03, 2016, 04:06:53 PM »
Just a quick question. I don't play TS4, but I feel Joria's pain. In TS4 can you copy and paste your saves file to your desk top and rename it there, and then go back to your old saves file and just empty it?

That's pretty much what I do. The game will also generate a new saves folder if you even just drag the current saves folder onto your desktop.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #336 on: February 03, 2016, 04:19:56 PM »
@Joria, Sure, that sounds okay to me.

Whoo hoo!  Thank you, MarianT.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Makenziegma

• Townie
« Reply #337 on: February 07, 2016, 09:03:22 AM »
I am restarting my dynasties in the hopes of creating a storyline. However, I am doing a few things different. My one Sim has fallen for Eric Lewis. He has a child but can she still marry him because from what I have seen the rules states: "The heir must be the first child of the founder or previous heir, and both parents must live on the lot" Thank you for all of your help!!!

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #338 on: February 07, 2016, 10:21:45 AM »
I am restarting my dynasties in the hopes of creating a storyline. However, I am doing a few things different. My one Sim has fallen for Eric Lewis. He has a child but can she still marry him because from what I have seen the rules states: "The heir must be the first child of the founder or previous heir, and both parents must live on the lot" Thank you for all of your help!!!

Yes, she can.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #339 on: February 08, 2016, 10:23:34 AM »
Rule Change:

We changed "must be good friends with 3 townies" to "must have 3 other good friends." This was to make it consistent with the Immortal Dynasty, which allows stuffed animals and the Invention Creator to be included as good friends.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #340 on: February 10, 2016, 06:15:16 PM »
Added Rule:

Using the Wishing Well to wish for Youthful Vigor is banned for heirs and founders. Other than that, you may use the well at your own risk.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #341 on: February 24, 2016, 08:42:38 PM »
Hey team!  First off, I absolutely LOVE this Dynasty idea!  It's great.

That being said, I have a few clarification questions to ask.  I've read the challenge a few times, read all 14 pages, checked out the Spreadsheet but there are still a few things I want to ask so that I have it straight in my own head.

1. Would I be allowed to choose three siblings to have my different bloodlines?  I ask this because I had the idea to use 3 clean copies of Sims I had saved to my library from the Baby Boomer Challenge, so I was going to use the create a twin button to create a clean copy of them and put them in a house.  So technically, they wouldn't be related in game, but wasn't sure this was legal for HoF.

2. With that in mind, if I choose Mansion Baron for all 3 bloodlines, the unique aspirations, careers, and skills only apply to the "family" as in, if Sim A starts family 1 with Mansion Baron, and their heir uses fishing as one of their skills, the other heirs in family 1 can't max fishing, but sims in family 2 still can, correct?

3. I have a good handle on how heirs work, but I'm trouble with understanding how the founder works as far as requirements.  From what I understand, you play your founder of each bloodline for a week.  Do they have to do their bloodline requirements before finding a mate or reproducing?  Or is it as long as they get them done by the time the heir is eligible to move, that's fine?

Also, thought I'd add for those that were asking:  if you wish to use Lena's spreadsheet in Excel, just go to File -> Download as -> then click the first option.  It seems to work perfectly.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #342 on: February 24, 2016, 09:20:29 PM »
@Shewolf13

1. Yes allowed.  As long as they are clean copies (with no previous skills or hidden skills), you are free to put them in game and call them siblings.

2. No & Yes.  Only skills is unique within each "bloodline".  Aspiration and careers have to be unique within the entire dynasty.
If you are talking about skills, then correct.  One heir (family 1) uses fishing as unique skill, the other heirs in family 1 can't max fishing but sims in family 2 can.
If you are talking about aspiration and careers, then incorrect.  One heir (family 1) uses master chef as unique aspiration, nobody else in the entire dynasty among all three bloodlines can max that aspiration.  Same with careers.

3. No, they do not have to finish their bloodline requirements before finding mate and reproduce.  You can find mate and reproduce the very first day of playing.  They just need to get them done by the time the heir is eligible to move.  Remember heir also have their own set of requirements. 

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #343 on: February 24, 2016, 09:21:54 PM »
@Nutella
Thanks for the quick reply!  And thank you for clearing that up!  #2, I think is what threw me, then.  But that makes sense ^^

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #344 on: February 24, 2016, 09:25:51 PM »
Just remember:
Aspiration -- Dynasty Unique (one per dynasty)
Careers -- Dynasty Unique (one per dynasty)
Skills -- Bloodline Unique (one per bloodline)

anything