Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908470 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1410 on: January 11, 2013, 02:55:57 PM »
Do teen romantic interests have to be unique? And can two potential heirs of the same generation share a romantic interest (it matters to me since my third generation consists of triplets, two of whom are fairies and currently on even-footing for heirship)? Let's just say that I have my eye on a certain teen and I really hope that he can be a romantic interest and future spouse.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1411 on: January 11, 2013, 03:23:49 PM »
No they don't.   I was about to answer the other way around but that's what I get for doing Baby Boomers all day.  ;D
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1412 on: January 18, 2013, 06:15:45 PM »
Hi, so, is there anything I can put into the mausoleum for a cook besides the skill certificate and fridge? Like, the seven items? Some level ten recipe books or something? Also, if an heir completes teh collection challenges, can they put some of those items into the mausoleum? I only ask because a lot of the items I've seen people use aren't in the base or supernatural expansion. On that note, could an athlete use different training tools (the strength trainer or treadmill) for their seven items? Thanks for reading!

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1413 on: January 18, 2013, 06:19:32 PM »
Collection challenge goods aren't valid mausoleum items, since collecting isn't a skill (it just has challenges). Is there a second skill that your cook is doing?

The athletic thing won't work, because exercise equipment can be bought from buy mode and isn't a product of the athletic skill.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1414 on: January 18, 2013, 06:30:32 PM »
No, she's not because if she starts another skill and uses items from that skill, that closes those items to another heir and I don't have that many options. Logic's got no items, collection's a bust, so is athletic as the only gems I get are cut with a gem-cutter, and I don't think you get anything for charisma or music either.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1415 on: January 18, 2013, 06:45:53 PM »
So with the base game, you have handiness, painting, writing, fishing, and gardening as valid collections, as well as alchemy potions from Supernatural. I can see where this can cause an issue even if you planned it out for everyone to just have one product-producing skill.

I'll let the higher-ups handle this one.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1416 on: January 18, 2013, 08:45:47 PM »
With just the base game and supernatural, it is not possible to complete this challenge within the scope of the rules.   The other two dynasties are able to be completed with just base game but this one was specifically written with certain aspects in mind that meant that someone would need a certain combination of expansions to be able to complete it.   That doesn't mean you can't continue one - just means you would have to double up on something which would make it ineligible for HOF status.

The seven mausoleum items have to be the result of a skill - not something you can buy.  Which is why collecting is not allowed.   I can't remember the exact reason we chose to exclude cooking at this moment. (it's late please forgive me)  In my mind cooking dishes are the combination of produce (gardening) and/or fish (fishing).

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1417 on: January 19, 2013, 03:04:03 AM »
Just to confirm, will I be fine missing Showtime in my dynasty?
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #1418 on: January 19, 2013, 03:41:55 AM »
Not having Showtime shouldn't be a problem. I think that as long as you have at least Ambitions and either Supernatural or Generations, you have enough different skills that produce items for the mausoleum. Those two expansions along with the base game should give you gardening, painting, fishing, sculpting, inventions, books, and either elixirs (SN) or potions (Gen). In my opinion, for this Dynasty the only real advantage of having Showtime is the Genie life state. 
Jaymi

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1419 on: January 19, 2013, 03:43:57 AM »
Thanks Jaymi, now I can relax about my content.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1420 on: January 19, 2013, 03:46:37 AM »
Just to confirm, will I be fine missing Showtime in my dynasty?

Yes - as long as you have enough of everything else ( skills that give items, jobs that give rewards and such) And considering the main thing Showtime adds is only three careers that could be used for job rewards, as well as the mixology skill, you should be good is you have most everything else - just write out the skills and number of skill challenges, and jobs that give rewards, and you should be good! (There are lists somewhere in this thread that show off job and skill rewards and I believe they're linked on the first page somewhere)

There's also the fact that you need a certain amount of skill challenges, and those can overlap.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1421 on: January 19, 2013, 11:27:26 AM »
um, so I've heard that mast thieves can steal things from work? If this is true, could I use those seven items for museum pieces?

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #1422 on: January 19, 2013, 11:32:27 AM »
I don't think so because the items need to be from skills directly.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1423 on: January 19, 2013, 11:32:35 AM »
um, so I've heard that mast thieves can steal things from work? If this is true, could I use those seven items for museum pieces?

Kleptomania is a trait not a skill.   As I said before, the Life States Dynasty cannot be completed with just the base game & supernatural.  I'm sorry.  The other two dynasties are possibilities though.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #1424 on: January 19, 2013, 11:44:12 AM »
Ah, okay. I thought that master thieves could steal things without the klepto trait once they reached master status. Thanks for clearing it up.