Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908758 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1380 on: December 30, 2012, 06:46:07 AM »
I don't know if you would consider me as someone in authority but as one of the challenge board assistants and global moderator I do rank up there. Same sex couples are not allowed in this dynasty for the reasons exained by shirin and trips. This is not intended to offend and I am sorry you feel that an explanation of the rules is an attack on yourself.
While metro may have been online when you made your request for help he would not have been able to do so as there was no question to answer.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline imright:)

• Nooboo
« Reply #1381 on: December 30, 2012, 06:56:56 AM »
Thanks for the speedy reply. I'm really curious what Metro has to say on this one.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1382 on: December 30, 2012, 07:01:48 AM »
Oh, wow, that's a bit insensitive. And Metro was online, thanks. So, again, no need to attack me.
I would like someone with some authority to give thir opinion on the matter of same-sex relationships.

I set up these rules with bloodline at the forefront of my mind. To be perfectly honest I think it is wonderful that the developers allow such a wide range of family types in the game -- i.e. same sex couples adopting a child and raising it. That's real life for many many families. But Dynasty challenges really do carry that meaning of bloodline which means natural pregnancies. I apologize if you feel that is limiting. It has nothing to do with my personal feelings on same sex relationships. I have absolutely ZERO issues with same sex relationships/marriages.

And for the record, Rachel and Rica ARE authorities and need to be treated as such. These two wonderful women do so much for me...they are my eyes and ears and do their jobs incredibly well.

Offline imright:)

• Nooboo
« Reply #1383 on: December 30, 2012, 07:15:55 AM »
That is the most respectful reply I have gotten so far, thank you. Yes, I realise they are important members, but you did write the rules. I disagree with them, but thank you for explaining. Much appreciated.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1384 on: December 30, 2012, 04:45:37 PM »
That is the most respectful reply I have gotten so far, thank you. Yes, I realise they are important members, but you did write the rules. I disagree with them, but thank you for explaining. Much appreciated.

I think you seem like a very sensitive person and I'm sorry you have had your feelings hurt. I really feel that this is a very friendly forum and most people on here will be nice to you if you do the same. Maybe they felt you had attitude in your posts. I am not going to say any more on the matter because that's not what this thread is about. Just wanted to say I'm sorry that you feel you are being attacked, I am sure that wasn't anyone's intention.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1385 on: December 30, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »
Re lot designation change

What about Salty Lass' Landing in Barnacle Bay? It's 30x30 at 15 Wanderer's Way, marked as No Visitors Allowed, but...there's absolutely nothing on the lot. At all. Not even a tree, near as I can tell.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1386 on: December 30, 2012, 06:46:47 PM »
Re lot designation change

What about Salty Lass' Landing in Barnacle Bay? It's 30x30 at 15 Wanderer's Way, marked as No Visitors Allowed, but...there's absolutely nothing on the lot. At all. Not even a tree, near as I can tell.

It's also an empty lot which means you can put whatever you want on it.  Empty lots aren't lots that get redesignated - they're what you put other things on.  ;D  It's not actually a park or anything and even if you redesignated it, you still wouldn't be able to buy it as property because it's empty and doesn't register as anything until you make it not empty.

Due to it's empty nature, it will never be on the redesignation list.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1387 on: December 31, 2012, 03:55:40 PM »
My sim got the paint the city opportunity for her final challenge, yay!

Offline Anjielicka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1388 on: December 31, 2012, 05:34:37 PM »
• Life state changing Elixirs are banned.

Does this mean that alchemists cannot make them to sell at the consignment store?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1389 on: December 31, 2012, 05:45:09 PM »
Does this mean that alchemists cannot make them to sell at the consignment store?

You can sell them.  You can't use them.   Remember this includes the Potent Cure Elixir

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1390 on: January 02, 2013, 02:56:40 PM »
Hmm, question then.

Does the no Potent Cure Elixir count for non-occult that are zombified/toadified? I'm thinking of the Mystic Healer LTW - even if the sim has been toadified is not an occult, are we still banned from Potent Cure (since technically it's not changinge a lifestate)? I can rock it if it's an across the board ban, I just wanted to make clear for myself.

Between my randomly crashing games and other interesting things around the house, I'm somehow mixing up rules that I'm not intending to.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1391 on: January 02, 2013, 03:08:07 PM »
Hmm, question then.

Does the no Potent Cure Elixir count for non-occult that are zombified/toadified? I'm thinking of the Mystic Healer LTW - even if the sim has been toadified is not an occult, are we still banned from Potent Cure (since technically it's not changinge a lifestate)? I can rock it if it's an across the board ban, I just wanted to make clear for myself.

Between my randomly crashing games and other interesting things around the house, I'm somehow mixing up rules that I'm not intending to.

The cure elixir works just fine to get rid of zombification and toadification.  It costs less and it only has one ingredient so it's easier to make.  LTWs are not mandatory in the Life States Dynasty so you have time to work on your witchy skills to get that sunlight charm if you're really worried about it.   Plus there are other benefits to the sunlight charm.   For instance, having a witch use the zombie spell on a ghost in the graveyard and then using the sunlight charm to cure their zombification makes them a real live Sim. 

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1392 on: January 02, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »
Oh, really? Clearly, I don't play witches enough (fairies are my current fascination).

Thanks!  :)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1393 on: January 02, 2013, 06:20:03 PM »
• You must start on an empty lot and have at least 7,000 simoleans remaining. Before you begin playing, use the family funds cheat to bring your funds to exactly 7,000 simoleans. You may never move.
   ○ Press Control+Shift+C (PC) or Command+Shift+C (Mac) to open to cheats panel (screen will gray)
   ○ Type testingcheatsenabled true, then Return/Enter
   ○ Type familyfunds [Nameofhousehold] 7000, then Return/Enter
   ○ Type testingcheatsenabled false, then Return/Enter 

I recently found out that this dynasty isn't HOF - and actually wasn't from the very beginning, I just didn't know it.  I misinterpreted the rule about the lot - I read it to mean that you had to have 7000 remaining, and the way to get there was to follow the directions to use familyFunds to bring your total to 7000.  Now I understand that it actually meant you needed to buy a lot that left a minimum of 7k before using the cheat and then use the cheat to bring that total down to 7k.

Can someone please make this make more sense to me?
As far as I had interpreted the rule so far was that you could pick any empty lot, buy it, and then use the familyfunds cheat to bring the founder's simoleons down to 7,000. Is this correct or am I totally out there or otherwise? (I haven't started a Life State Dynasty yet but i want this to be conformed before I do, Thanks all ^^)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1394 on: January 02, 2013, 06:24:52 PM »

• You must start on an empty lot and have at least 7,000 simoleans remaining. Before you begin playing, use the family funds cheat to bring your funds to exactly 7,000 simoleans. You may never move.
   ○ Press Control+Shift+C (PC) or Command+Shift+C (Mac) to open to cheats panel (screen will gray)
   ○ Type testingcheatsenabled true, then Return/Enter
   ○ Type familyfunds [Nameofhousehold] 7000, then Return/Enter
   ○ Type testingcheatsenabled false, then Return/Enter 

I recently found out that this dynasty isn't HOF - and actually wasn't from the very beginning, I just didn't know it.  I misinterpreted the rule about the lot - I read it to mean that you had to have 7000 remaining, and the way to get there was to follow the directions to use familyFunds to bring your total to 7000.  Now I understand that it actually meant you needed to buy a lot that left a minimum of 7k before using the cheat and then use the cheat to bring that total down to 7k.

Can someone please make this make more sense to me?
As far as I had interpreted the rule so far was that you could pick any empty lot, buy it, and then use the familyfunds cheat to bring the founder's simoleons down to 7,000. Is this correct or am I totally out there or otherwise? (I haven't started a Life State Dynasty yet but i want this to be conformed before I do, Thanks all ^^)

Read the actual rule.    Read the part I have bolded, underlined & italicized.   Tell me what part of that is hard to understand so I can clear the confusion up for you and everyone else.