Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898170 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1350 on: December 22, 2012, 05:19:55 AM »
I figured it had been. *Sigh* My intent was not death, grr. Ah well.

You do not have to restart I was just explaining the Jellybean thing for future reference.In fact we are still in discusions over at challenge central on weather Jellybeans do apply to the accidental death rule. Will let you all know as soon as a descion is reached.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1351 on: December 22, 2012, 06:01:37 AM »
I have noticed that the chance seems to be biased in favour of the mother's life state. In two different files I have noticed this. One was a vampire father and fairy mother, who had one vampire child and four fairy children, and in another with a fairy father and witch mother, they have so far had one fairy child and four witch children.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1352 on: December 22, 2012, 09:31:43 AM »
I have noticed that the chance seems to be biased in favour of the mother's life state. In two different files I have noticed this. One was a vampire father and fairy mother, who had one vampire child and four fairy children, and in another with a fairy father and witch mother, they have so far had one fairy child and four witch children.

This seems to be random.   In two games I have actively, I had one set of triplets that was all the father's life state and in the other only 1 out of the 3 got the father's life state. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1353 on: December 22, 2012, 09:38:55 AM »
Geekchic,I would like to officially appologise to you and anyone else for my premature ruling about the effect of jellybeans. My Sims tend to die everytime they eat a jellybean so I assumed that the mortality rate was a lot higher then it is. So please forgive me and go back to eating jellybeans.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1354 on: December 22, 2012, 09:44:21 AM »
Geekchic,I would like to officially appologise to you and anyone else for my premature ruling about the effect of jellybeans. My Sims tend to die everytime they eat a jellybean so I assumed that the mortality rate was a lot higher then it is. So please forgive me and go back to eating jellybeans.

Rachel

To add to what Rachel said, just remember there is a chance of death so don't go filling up the action queue with eat jellybean - more than twice and really it's almost intentional if they did die at that point.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1355 on: December 23, 2012, 02:49:10 PM »
Call me Jenn. :) And it's ok, I've already deleted the file, I really don't mind. I did que it up, just to get the good results. No more jellybeans! All is forgiven.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1356 on: December 23, 2012, 02:51:27 PM »
Call me Jenn. :) And it's ok, I've already deleted the file, I really don't mind. I did que it up, just to get the good results. No more jellybeans! All is forgiven.

We wish you luck!  Let us know how you do and remember.. writing is boring.   ;D 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anjielicka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1357 on: December 24, 2012, 07:04:48 AM »
Not sure if this has been asked before (but I didn't find anything in the rules or FAQ about it). Can we put the 7 items for the family mausoleum inside a chest? Or do they have to be on display (like hanged on walls or placed on top of tables)?

I am planning to just put 7 chests inside my family mausoleum and fill them with the heirs' requirements, if the items can be put inside them (like paintings, elixirs, etc). This way, I won't need a huge mausoleum and it reduces the chance that someone will be drinking the elixirs or potions.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #1358 on: December 24, 2012, 08:15:43 AM »
So a funny thing happened on the way to that last requirement... lol.
My founder only knows 3 Sims, including her soon-to-be husband. She made a best friend and BAM! as soon as the best friend was made, Grim came calling for the friend.
Can I pull the friend's tombstone from the mausoleum, place it on a community lot and still count the best friend, or do I need to find a new one? If I can count the dead friend now that she's a witchy ghost, do I have to wait for her to show up in ghost form?
Once the best friend requirement is done she will have fulfilled her requirements and be ready to have nooboos.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1359 on: December 24, 2012, 09:20:46 AM »
Due to ghosts not properly showing up in relationship panels, you have to find a new one.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1360 on: December 24, 2012, 10:36:33 AM »
Not sure if this has been asked before (but I didn't find anything in the rules or FAQ about it). Can we put the 7 items for the family mausoleum inside a chest? Or do they have to be on display (like hanged on walls or placed on top of tables)?

I am planning to just put 7 chests inside my family mausoleum and fill them with the heirs' requirements, if the items can be put inside them (like paintings, elixirs, etc). This way, I won't need a huge mausoleum and it reduces the chance that someone will be drinking the elixirs or potions.

I honestly don't know this answer and Metro is on vacation until after the holiday.   On one hand, I see nothing wrong with the use of chests; however, on the other hand - when I think museum/mausoleum, I think of it as a display of accomplishment.  Meaning it's there to be seen to show your progress and to make sure that you have everything.    Especially with the fact that I've been having chests delete their contents lately - written books seem to be widespread in that regard not sure about the rest.

So a funny thing happened on the way to that last requirement... lol.
My founder only knows 3 Sims, including her soon-to-be husband. She made a best friend and BAM! as soon as the best friend was made, Grim came calling for the friend.
Can I pull the friend's tombstone from the mausoleum, place it on a community lot and still count the best friend, or do I need to find a new one? If I can count the dead friend now that she's a witchy ghost, do I have to wait for her to show up in ghost form?
Once the best friend requirement is done she will have fulfilled her requirements and be ready to have nooboos.

Like Trip said, there are problems with the ghosts in the relationship panel.  It might be easier to either rezz her in some fashion that wouldn't bring her into the household or grab a potent friendship elixir and go hit a random townie with it.   I have some if you need one. 

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #1361 on: December 24, 2012, 11:29:51 AM »
It is and she has the brooding trait which slows down how fast she learns painting and writing.  :o At least she'll be one *very* rich sim (Argus made me 1.5 million!) After meat pies tonight, I'll start again. :)

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #1362 on: December 24, 2012, 03:03:54 PM »
Like Trip said, there are problems with the ghosts in the relationship panel.  It might be easier to either rezz her in some fashion that wouldn't bring her into the household or grab a potent friendship elixir and go hit a random townie with it.   I have some if you need one.

Thanks, that's what I figured. She had spent 2 days at the elixir shop buying it out to get the one jar of potent friendship. I might try a Genie to rezz her. I'd appreciate the elixir if you send one. My name on the Sims 3 site is googie. I'll return some, just let me know what you'd like.

Edited to add:
I think my plan is acting against me. I wanted to have the best friend be an elder so that I didn't have to worry about other household members meeting them since the friend would be dead when the new members aged up. Well, I'm on my third best friend. The first died before I bought the last LTR; the second died before I could get home to try for baby; the third died while my founder was trying for baby with her boyfriend. I hope I can at least continue now - I did have all 7 requirements when the try for baby was selected. Arrgh.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1363 on: December 26, 2012, 08:59:17 AM »
I honestly don't know this answer and Metro is on vacation until after the holiday.   On one hand, I see nothing wrong with the use of chests; however, on the other hand - when I think museum/mausoleum, I think of it as a display of accomplishment.  Meaning it's there to be seen to show your progress and to make sure that you have everything.    Especially with the fact that I've been having chests delete their contents lately - written books seem to be widespread in that regard not sure about the rest.

Agreed. While the rule does not say you HAVE to keep things on display in the mausoleum, to me a mauoleum does not equal inside a chest. Two different animals. It also forces the player to have to deal with space issues which is a good thing.

Offline Anjielicka

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1364 on: December 26, 2012, 02:48:17 PM »
Agreed. While the rule does not say you HAVE to keep things on display in the mausoleum, to me a mauoleum does not equal inside a chest. Two different animals. It also forces the player to have to deal with space issues which is a good thing.

Okay, thanks! Just thought I'd ask - I'm keeping my items on display inside my mausoleum, then.

anything