Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 907923 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #990 on: November 03, 2012, 03:48:18 PM »
If a bug is preventing you from moving in a spouse, then I feel we need to make an allowance and allow you to move in a potential spouse and then have the wedding. But it needs to be immediate — i.e. move in and wedding on the same day...zero delays.

Since Shirin's question was referring to the spouses of heirs, does that mean I failed? When I started my dynasty, I almost immediately moved in Pappy after he and Cadmium got engaged, but they got married a couple weeks after he moved in. No one had anything to say about it either, in spite of the gap between move-in time and marriage being made pretty clear in the story.

Even the rules (specifically under Household Matters) use the term "spouse/partner" multiple times, implying that heirs don't have to be married to who they move in. It's just that the spouse/partner in question is the only one they can move in, and the one who has to usher in the next generation. Or so I thought.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #991 on: November 03, 2012, 03:51:02 PM »
She may autonomously start using the telescope if you don't give her anything else to do.  That's the best work around I can give you until Seasons comes out.  It's almost assured that it will fix itself if you're downloading the new EP but for those people not getting it right away - we have no idea of when to expect a change.

I won't be getting Seasons straight away. Hmph. Well time to try and make up that extra wish...  :-\

Edit: Can't really lock her in an enclosure with a telescope either, I mean try caging a Ghost. :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #992 on: November 03, 2012, 04:02:34 PM »
Since Shirin's question was referring to the spouses of heirs, does that mean I failed? When I started my dynasty, I almost immediately moved in Pappy after he and Cadmium got engaged, but they got married a couple weeks after he moved in. No one had anything to say about it either, in spite of the gap between move-in time and marriage being made pretty clear in the story.

Even the rules (specifically under Household Matters) use the term "spouse/partner" multiple times, implying that heirs don't have to be married to who they move in. It's just that the spouse/partner in question is the only one they can move in, and the one who has to usher in the next generation. Or so I thought.

Hmmm, this is a good question. I really understood that a spouse can (only) move in once the heir is at marriageble age (and not before), not that they have to get married straight away. Or even get married before moving in... Actually, does it say anywhere in the rules that they have to be married at all?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #993 on: November 03, 2012, 04:12:28 PM »
Ok I was confused and thought Shirin was talking about spares because of the comment by Snuffles apparently.   As for what Metro just said, I'm asking for further clarification and we'll get back to you guys soon, alright?

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #994 on: November 03, 2012, 04:36:39 PM »
Hmmm, this is a good question. I really understood that a spouse can (only) move in once the heir is at marriageble age (and not before), not that they have to get married straight away. Or even get married before moving in... Actually, does it say anywhere in the rules that they have to be married at all?

Ok I was confused and thought Shirin was talking about spares because of the comment by Snuffles apparently.   As for what Metro just said, I'm asking for further clarification and we'll get back to you guys soon, alright?

Thanks, because apparently there are several of us who may have been confused about this. I was also under the impression that marriage doesn't have to be immediate or even occur at all, as long as the partner is living in the house by the time Try For Baby is attempted and then never leaves. The founder for my new attempt moved in Finnegan Sawyer a little while ago, but they haven't gotten married yet because I honestly haven't been in a rush to do so. My last attempt went similarly, and I even mentioned it here without anyone saying anything.  :-\

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #995 on: November 03, 2012, 04:38:14 PM »
I was thinking the same thing, except that spouses can come and go, so the thing about them never leaving is false for this dynasty.

By samoht04

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #996 on: November 03, 2012, 05:08:35 PM »
I was thinking the same thing, except that spouses can come and go, so the thing about them never leaving is false for this dynasty.

Yep, founder and heirs are the only ones that have to stay in the household.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

thesweetestpea

« Reply #997 on: November 03, 2012, 05:18:26 PM »
Probably half of the people doing the dynasty have moved in spouses and gotten them married much later while waiting for wishes to pop. It was never mentioned by anyone on the challenge board team that we couldn't do it. In the Immortal Dynasty, we don't even have to get married as long as the other sim is in the house (I think). Since it says spouse/partner in the rules, I'm not sure why it's become a zero hour from move-in to marriage thing now.

Edit: What about IFs and Genies, that have to be added to the house before a wedding can take place? I have no idea if it's even possible to go steady with a genie that hasn't been freed. I don't know if it's possible with an IF either. Now I am very confused.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #998 on: November 03, 2012, 05:30:04 PM »
Thank you everyone for being patient and not causing too much trouble while we talked it over.

There was confusion based on everything that was going on at the time.   So we're clear - the only people allowed to move in are potential spouses that are brought in by the heir that they are going to marry. Marriage does not have to happen immediately so you can continue to do as many have done before. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #999 on: November 03, 2012, 06:08:52 PM »
Thank you everyone for being patient and not causing too much trouble while we talked it over.

There was confusion based on everything that was going on at the time.   So we're clear - the only people allowed to move in are potential spouses that are brought in by the heir that they are going to marry. Marriage does not have to happen immediately so you can continue to do as many have done before.

Ok, but marriage does have to happen eventually then? That is not mentioned in the rules.
If so, is there any time limit to that?

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1000 on: November 03, 2012, 06:10:36 PM »
Yep, founder and heirs are the only ones that have to stay in the household.
Haha oops, must've gotten confused. Hubs is out of town for the weekend so I've been a bit sleep-deprived. :'(

Thanks for clearing things up Ricalynn. :) But like Odie said, we do eventually have to get married? If so, I assume it'd have to be before Try For Baby, right?

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #1001 on: November 03, 2012, 06:23:45 PM »
we do eventually have to get married? If so, I assume it'd have to be before Try For Baby, right?

I have to disagree here. This would probably mean that many people have failed the challenge and since it is not in the rules, that is just unfair.
It is not in the rules that you have to get married. Only that the heir has to be marriageble age when he/she invites the future spouse/partner to move in. I strongly feel that we should let that rule as is and not make marriage a must.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1002 on: November 03, 2012, 06:24:59 PM »
Marriage is not required in the rules.  Nothing says you have to marry just says that you have to have one specific partner to make a baby and they are the only ones allowed to be moved in.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #1003 on: November 03, 2012, 06:26:10 PM »
Marriage is not required in the rules.  Nothing says you have to marry just says that you have to have one specific partner to make a baby and they are the only ones allowed to be moved in.

Thank you :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1004 on: November 03, 2012, 06:54:15 PM »
Yeah, sorry everyone. I point the finger directly at myself for confusing things a bit. Haha.

anything