Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906179 times)

Offline enderkay

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #975 on: November 02, 2012, 09:12:35 PM »
Actually just by the fact that you have the two of them could cause major issues with your game.   I would actually suggest going back to a prior save during the vacation and hoping that when you come back there is only one of your spouse.

Okay, no problem. My last save is from right before the vacation, so it won't set me back too much. But honestly, if I get another glitch before my heir is born I might just give up and start over. This is getting annoying, and I guess I can always just rebuild the house.. :'(

ETA: Well, that save won't even load, so I think I'm just going to reroll and start over. I'm paranoid about this file now to the point where it's stopped being fun. Sigh.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #976 on: November 03, 2012, 09:27:00 AM »
I've run into an unfortunate bug with my Gen 2 heiress, a vampire. I'm using Logic for her skill challenges, but now she suddenly can't stargaze anymore, she will 'jump' away from the telescope every time I order her to stargaze. I tried using the reset command but that unfortunately didn't help.

Does anybody know if there is a way to resolve this problem? In a pinch, I suppose I could just do the other logic challenges plus an extra one from some other skillset, but I'd prefer not to have to do that unless it's the last resort.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #977 on: November 03, 2012, 09:29:47 AM »
The only way that sims can use the telescope at the moment is when they autonomously use it, and that's rather unreliable.

Supposedly the problem will fix itself if you get Seasons, so you could hold off until Seasons arrives.

Offline Lady Orc

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #978 on: November 03, 2012, 10:03:58 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I'll work on her other challenges in the meantime then. :)

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #979 on: November 03, 2012, 12:52:44 PM »
I've moved in 2 spouses/spouses-to-be for two of my other people in the house. But one of them has already moved out. Does this mean I've failed?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #980 on: November 03, 2012, 01:01:45 PM »
I've moved in 2 spouses/spouses-to-be for two of my other people in the house. But one of them has already moved out. Does this mean I've failed?

You moved in spouses for spares and not the heir?  Then yes you've failed.   The only people allowed to be added to the household is spouses for heirs and extra spares that are born. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #981 on: November 03, 2012, 01:04:04 PM »
You moved in spouses for spares and not the heir?  Then yes you've failed.   The only people allowed to be added to the household is spouses for heirs and extra spares that are born.

Ah, I misread the rule. Doesn't matter though. I'll just start again.

** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
« Reply #982 on: November 03, 2012, 01:15:33 PM »
There was something in Q & A I was wondering about though. It says that you can use an heir from a previous attempt for a new one. But could I chose one of my spares, roll their traits and use them instead?
** My Stories **

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #983 on: November 03, 2012, 02:21:02 PM »
I've never been really clear on the heir's spouse thing (it's a minor nitpick): if they had to be married prior to move-in (or even married at all!). To that end, and in light of the wedding/move-in bug the patch introduced, am I ok to move in the spouse first, and then do the wedding? (I assume yes, but like to double triple quadruple check :) )

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #984 on: November 03, 2012, 02:35:32 PM »
Actually it's always been very clear that you cannot move in anyone other than an heir's spouse and the spares.  We've said a couple of times that we didn't want you guys to move in spouses for spares.   Metro's ruling was clear on that.  As for the new bug, I'll let him decide.  Adding a spare's spouse to the house is like adding a helper which is against the rules. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #985 on: November 03, 2012, 02:50:29 PM »
There was something in Q & A I was wondering about though. It says that you can use an heir from a previous attempt for a new one. But could I chose one of my spares, roll their traits and use them instead?

I'm pretty sure you can do that, it's like using a new sim to start over, as long as the traits get re-rolled.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #986 on: November 03, 2012, 03:29:07 PM »
I've never been really clear on the heir's spouse thing (it's a minor nitpick): if they had to be married prior to move-in (or even married at all!). To that end, and in light of the wedding/move-in bug the patch introduced, am I ok to move in the spouse first, and then do the wedding? (I assume yes, but like to double triple quadruple check :) )

If a bug is preventing you from moving in a spouse, then I feel we need to make an allowance and allow you to move in a potential spouse and then have the wedding. But it needs to be immediate — i.e. move in and wedding on the same day...zero delays.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #987 on: November 03, 2012, 03:38:21 PM »

If you rolled random traits for the spare or they were given traits by the game, then you need to keep the traits that you received.   If the spare was given traits that you wanted, then you get one random roll and then you can continue. 

Ladyaya - you've been warned before about giving out advice that may be faulty. This was not something that has ever been discussed amongst the challenge board team so you giving an answer that wasn't for sure could cost someone their chance a clean restart and make them start over.   Please Please Please be careful about what you say in the future both on this board and other threads when it comes to the dynasties about what is and isn't allowed.   If you think you see something on another person's thread, don't tell them they did it wrong - send a PM to Metro, Ratchie and myself with a link to the thread with your concern.

This isn't just for ladyaya but for everyone, if it's not something that's ever been said before, don't just assume that your interpretation is correct.  It's not good for you or the person you advised if it's not actually fact.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #988 on: November 03, 2012, 03:42:14 PM »
I'm guessing there is no work around for the messed up Stargazing? Rabbit did have 44 out of 50 Stars and the wish but now is unable to complete it...  >:(
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #989 on: November 03, 2012, 03:43:40 PM »
I'm guessing there is no work around for the messed up Stargazing? Rabbit did have 44 out of 50 Stars and the wish but now is unable to complete it...  >:(

She may autonomously start using the telescope if you don't give her anything else to do.  That's the best work around I can give you until Seasons comes out.  It's almost assured that it will fix itself if you're downloading the new EP but for those people not getting it right away - we have no idea of when to expect a change.