Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906849 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1005 on: November 03, 2012, 07:21:52 PM »
Don't worry Metro, I'll send you e-cookies of forgiveness.

I'm assuming that I have to wait for an heir to celebrate their YA birthday before turning an Imaginary Friend real (with the intentions to marry them, of course). I find it to be cute when a child makes their IF real, but I'll live without it if I must.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1006 on: November 03, 2012, 07:29:34 PM »
An heir's spouse can only be brought into the family when the heir reaches marriageable age.  This includes IFs which means it has to be YA lifestage.   And it has to be the heir's IF not a sibling's.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #1007 on: November 03, 2012, 07:31:51 PM »
Of course it was going to be the heir's IF. And thank you. :)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1008 on: November 03, 2012, 08:15:20 PM »
I've cleared out memory, ResetSim *, cleared out inventories, deleted memories, and gone to Edit Town to save. Nothing has worked. Can I have permission to go back to a previous save? Or should I just start over? I'm 30+ weeks into the game and maybe I should just accept that I waited too long to do all the requirements and try again.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1009 on: November 03, 2012, 08:36:33 PM »
I've cleared out memory, ResetSim *, cleared out inventories, deleted memories, and gone to Edit Town to save. Nothing has worked. Can I have permission to go back to a previous save? Or should I just start over? I'm 30+ weeks into the game and maybe I should just accept that I waited too long to do all the requirements and try again.

I'm not entirely certain what you're asking.  If something you've done is causing errors then what's to say you won't get the same errors in a previous save?  You're talking about Error 12s right?  Do you always try to save at the same point? If so, have you tried saving at different points or waiting longer to save to see if it's something about that particular Sim Day/Time?  Have you deleted your cache files and DCBackup files (all but ccmerged)?  Have you deleted the thumbnail files? 

Have you considered deleting the world cache files?  It's not always recommended but it might help.  Of course, it's not guaranteed that you have these files but if you do they would be located Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > WorldCaches.  Only delete the world you're having trouble with.    Are you ever running anything other than Sims?  Have you tried logging out of Simport while trying to save?  Make sure that Sims is the only thing running - no browser, no IM service, nothing but Sims.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1010 on: November 03, 2012, 08:44:55 PM »
Yes, Error 12s. I've tried saving at all different points between seven at night and seven the next morning. I haven't tried waiting longer yet, no. I delete my caches and DCBackup (except ccmerged) more than daily. I've never heard of thumbnail files, so no I haven't deleted those. I'll try deleting those and the world cache files.
I only ever run Sims while I'm playing, I don't even keep a Finder window open (or whatever that's called on a PC). I have not tried logging out but sometimes I'm not logged in in the first place and it still doesn't work. I will try deleting the thumbnails and world caches and wait 24 Sim hours before saving and see if that works, but I'm scared that I'm having these problems. I am so torn between trying to make this work and worrying about the future of the game. I know no one understands better than you, Rica. Maybe I should just start over, as much as I don't want to  :(

By samoht04

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #1011 on: November 03, 2012, 08:53:14 PM »
I thought error 12 is most likely caused by a shortage of memory. How much do you have? Any chance you can add some GB?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1012 on: November 03, 2012, 08:54:56 PM »
I have 8.45GB open. I realised I had some files taking up space that I could delete. It was closer to 3. I don't know that I could really add more. It's my husband's computer and I don't understand it very well. I'm hoping to get a laptop soon but I don't know when that will be.

By samoht04

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #1013 on: November 03, 2012, 09:02:16 PM »
I have 8.45GB open. I realised I had some files taking up space that I could delete. It was closer to 3. I don't know that I could really add more. It's my husband's computer and I don't understand it very well. I'm hoping to get a laptop soon but I don't know when that will be.

I was getting the error12 and it was from the RAM, physical memory not the harddrive memory. Do you know how much RAM you have?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1014 on: November 03, 2012, 09:04:21 PM »
How do I check?

Edit: I found it. I have 2GB.

By samoht04

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #1015 on: November 03, 2012, 09:08:32 PM »

I don't understand completely what you mean. Do you have 8.45 GB left to use? That should be more than enough. Or did you only have 3? That is too little and could cause for error 12. So I hope you have closed some programs then.
I am talking about RAM btw :)

If you are talking about only 3 to 8 GB disk space left, I advice you to free up much more space. In that case, 3 to 8 GB is nothing. A full disk makes for a slow pc and that could also cause errors in the game.

Edit: You guys beat me to it ;).  2 GB RAM is not enough unfortunately. This is most likely the cause of your error 12. I would advice at least 4, but 8 is better even.
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1016 on: November 03, 2012, 09:15:04 PM »
Do you have to buy it? See, I don't know how this stuff works! Am I never going to get past a certain point without more RAM?

By the way, I don't have any world caches for Moonlight Falls.

By samoht04

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #1017 on: November 03, 2012, 09:22:20 PM »
Unfortunately if you're only on generation 2 when you started having these problems I don't think restarting and trying to progress faster will allow you to get to the end of your dynasty...by the time you get to the later generations it will be worse no matter how much you rush through :(

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1018 on: November 03, 2012, 09:46:45 PM »
You're right. Even if I sped up, I wouldn't necessarily get through seven generations.

By samoht04

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1019 on: November 04, 2012, 02:14:55 AM »
Thanks for the clarifications, Metro, Rica.

I was asking partly because of the bug others have been having (as my gen 3 is still a child, he's not even close to marriageable yet), and partly because I think I found him a genie spouse. As I've never ever ever played a genie before (or use them for anything but Eternal Gobs of Money), I don't even know if he could have become engaged to the genie prior to being freed from the lamp.

This works out perfectly, I appreciate it. :)

anything