Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288242 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Waltz of the Flowers
« Reply #390 on: February 18, 2013, 10:44:07 PM »
Allegra is beautiful! Her poor father is going to need to take up martial arts to keep the boys away . . . I love how she's so colorful!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #391 on: February 18, 2013, 10:56:19 PM »
Allegra is so enthusiastic and playful! It's too bad there aren't more kids her age in the town...
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #392 on: February 18, 2013, 11:41:27 PM »

Huh, has Humberto's hair always been pink? Or maybe it's just the sunlight in that screenshot? I thought Allegra got the pink hair from Freddie, but now I'm confused! Allegra looks awesome! Good luck with the guitar supermax. I heard that was hard, but I think that's only if you don't have Late Night? Poor Allegra, another generation with no teens for company! Well . . . at least she's got a lot of grannies!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #393 on: February 19, 2013, 02:43:07 PM »
I agree that the Drifter's Desire set is perfect for Allegra. I love the face paint on her, too. I think the rainbow is something she can wear permanently (if she's allowed to wear make-up, that is).

I love her eye roll at the end. Warning, though -- I hope you have a back-up for the guitar supermax. I thought I'd be able to do it, but didn't get a single guitar opportunity, let alone the 10 I needed. And I've supermaxed the guitar skill before, so I knew how to do it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #394 on: February 19, 2013, 05:22:33 PM »
I agree that the Drifter's Desire set is perfect for Allegra. I love the face paint on her, too. I think the rainbow is something she can wear permanently (if she's allowed to wear make-up, that is).

I love her eye roll at the end. Warning, though -- I hope you have a back-up for the guitar supermax. I thought I'd be able to do it, but didn't get a single guitar opportunity, let alone the 10 I needed. And I've supermaxed the guitar skill before, so I knew how to do it.

Isn't the best way to do it by making sure she has no other skills to take over the op slot?

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #395 on: February 19, 2013, 06:28:25 PM »

I am a little panicked about this.  I feel like if she's going to have any back up whatsoever, it'll ruin the chance of maxing guitar at all ... so I'm not sure what to do.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #396 on: February 19, 2013, 07:32:19 PM »
Hedge your bets - keep a tally of guitar ops, and if you don't have 5 by her Adult birthday, switch to another skill while there'll still be time to pull it off.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

SimBlip

« Reply #397 on: February 20, 2013, 01:09:24 AM »
So sad to see Eunice go. I felt touched by the nickname 'Nini' and am so glad Allegra carries this in her heart always.
Allegra is so much fun. A Classic in her own right, yet totally different. How wonderful! :)

PS.
Guitar skill is always a little frightening, but just keep going for the theatre competion opp and she'll be fine.

Offline Emily Redbird

• Mistress of splitting hairs
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #398 on: February 22, 2013, 10:36:02 AM »
Hi!

I've been lurking on this thread up until now, but I just knew I had to see what happened next, so I registered.
I'm amazed at how you manage to get so much personality into your sims, and your screenshots are to die for:-)
This story is a very touching and enjoyable tale of a family's path to immortality. It got me so inspired, I half want to try and make my own, but at the same time, I know I can never make one nearly as good as yours.
One of the most amazing things you do is that you take the facts from the sims world and build upon it. Like the Watcher introduced in Medieval, how imaginary friends feel, and how sims remember their previous lives. So interesting, I'm going to add it to my head-canon, as fanfic'ers would say. I'll never be able to see the IFs in the same way again.

Do you have any tricks you can share to make a dynasty story just half as good at this one? How do you work, how often (in sim time) do you update your story, how many screenshots do you take compared to the ones we see, how do you give your sims so much character and personality?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but you really seem to have a good hold on how to do it, so I thought you would be the best person to ask. Someday I hope to make a story as good as yours.

~Emily
"There is always someone who doesn't agree. That's what keeps the machinery going." Fryndse from "Min hund Grog" (My dog Grog) by Storm P.

The Slytherin Immortal Dynasty

SimBlip

« Reply #399 on: February 22, 2013, 09:43:24 PM »
Sorry for the barrage of questions, but you really seem to have a good hold on how to do it, so I thought you would be the best person to ask.

Totally agree with Emily here! I'd love to hear your know-how from a witer's perspective.  :D

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: Waltz of the Flowers
« Reply #400 on: February 23, 2013, 12:52:26 PM »
Ha ha ha! Oh wow, Allegra has my kind of sense of humour! I love her! She is super gorgeous too. It feels blasphemous to say it, but I think she's even prettier than Ophelia. I'm glad she's trying to honour Nini's memory. I was so sad for her when Nini died. Poor Allegra. I must say I think her new wardrobe is quite stunning. Also, I highly approve of the Drifter's Desire set for her. So so perfect. I bet it doesn't even need recolouring! Having her next to Coralie is such a stark contrast. I don't think I've ever seen two more different Sims. But it's really nice that they get along and love each other. Haha, Humberto and Eureka are a very handsome couple and I don't blame them for making out all over the place, though Allegra might! Too bad there's no young men around for her.

Haha, you're so right about Coralie vs. Allegra.  If Allegra's face weren't a carbon copy of Eureka's at that age, it'd be hard to believe they were related!  I had a seriously big soft spot for Eunice and was really sad to see her go.  I know you'll all think I'm nuts, but it was harder as Watcher to lose her than to lose Freddie!  Eureka and Humberto are adorable.  She's been so chained to that darn workbench that she barely gets to spend time with him, so having the leisure day family trip was a fun break.

Allegra is beautiful! Her poor father is going to need to take up martial arts to keep the boys away . . . I love how she's so colorful!

That's so funny.  He autonomously found and started reading a book on martial arts when she was a child.  I guess he is athletic, but I still found it funny.

Huh, has Humberto's hair always been pink? Or maybe it's just the sunlight in that screenshot? I thought Allegra got the pink hair from Freddie, but now I'm confused! Allegra looks awesome! Good luck with the guitar supermax. I heard that was hard, but I think that's only if you don't have Late Night? Poor Allegra, another generation with no teens for company! Well . . . at least she's got a lot of grannies!

Nope!  It was brown/green.  I dyed it dark brown/red when I took over him.  He doesn't have the black roots or tips like Allegra/Freddie/Ophelia and his shade of red is less pink-ish.  But it does look similar sometimes.  Allegra invited her robot siblings out for dinner (no screenshots sadly), and for whatever reason, when having conversation with them, they all displayed as human elders, but were definitely robots.  Weird.

Hedge your bets - keep a tally of guitar ops, and if you don't have 5 by her Adult birthday, switch to another skill while there'll still be time to pull it off.

Good plan.  This is what I'll do.  Maybe alchemy if it looks like a bust at halftime.

Hi!

I've been lurking on this thread up until now, but I just knew I had to see what happened next, so I registered.
I'm amazed at how you manage to get so much personality into your sims, and your screenshots are to die for:-)
This story is a very touching and enjoyable tale of a family's path to immortality. It got me so inspired, I half want to try and make my own, but at the same time, I know I can never make one nearly as good as yours.
One of the most amazing things you do is that you take the facts from the sims world and build upon it. Like the Watcher introduced in Medieval, how imaginary friends feel, and how sims remember their previous lives. So interesting, I'm going to add it to my head-canon, as fanfic'ers would say. I'll never be able to see the IFs in the same way again.

Do you have any tricks you can share to make a dynasty story just half as good at this one? How do you work, how often (in sim time) do you update your story, how many screenshots do you take compared to the ones we see, how do you give your sims so much character and personality?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but you really seem to have a good hold on how to do it, so I thought you would be the best person to ask. Someday I hope to make a story as good as yours.

~Emily

Hi Emily!  Wow, that is some high praise.  I can't thank you enough and I hope to see more comments on the story!  I love getting feedback.

As far as putting this thing together, I tend to just take screenshots as opportunities present themselves and quit when I have enough for a post.  I do take multiples of certain things and the tab key is definitely your friend, but structurally, with high free will, you can plan all you like and things will still not go the way you expected in game.  I tend to have between 40 and 70 screenshots (if there was an event it'll be on the higher end) that I then pare down to 25 even before uploading.

The best advice I have for creating characters is to let yourself get really, really attached to these digital people.  Pick traits outside of what will make them max out their skills to round them out.  If you're having fun with it, the people who are reading will be too.  Be sure to link me when you start your dynasty.  I can't wait to read it :)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Automobile
« Reply #401 on: February 23, 2013, 01:51:59 PM »
On the day of my elder birthday, I threw a party.  Not because I had lots of extra time to mess around, but because sometimes you have to walk away from the workbench.

Life goes by so fast when you're frantically working toward a goal!  I noticed recently that not only did we have gnomes that had reproduced since our mining days, but that some of them have died as well.

As you can imagine, being reminded of old age and death is not really want you want on that special final birthday.  I wanted to talk to Granny about ... you know, elderhood, but she's seemed a bit distracted lately.

Anyway, Humbug and I steal away when we can, and I do try to spend some quality time with my daughter.  We've been taking shifts of teaching her how to drive.  In those times, it kind of concerns me how interested she is in older men.  She has expressed attraction for two of our housekeepers and at least one of the family friends.  All of whom came to the party.  Allegra was coquettishly nervous.

Humbug, to his credit, attempted to his best abilities to not want to beat every male in the house that Allegra was even moderately aware of senseless with a wrench.

I honestly don't know what she sees in them.  They seem to all share either the same outfit or the same hairdo.

Allegra seems to be particularly interested in Dante.  He does have beautiful eyes.

But when they stand together it is apparent just how much older he is than her.  And he's a flirt.  She knows she'd better behave herself until she is a full adult.

Humbug does make it his mission in these situations to shout about homework, prom, and high school to alert the whole world to her teen status if ever in a group setting anyway.  Allegra is not a fan of this.

I spent most of the party working on my requirements.  One of which was upgrading a stereo for Silvia.

I suspect something is going on with the grandmas, though.  There's been a lot of scheming going on.

And lots of night time purchases and phone calls and furniture deliveries ...

I asked Mona Lisa, as she's the most likely to tell me, but she has no idea either.  She's been busy with museum pieces.

I tried asking Eden too, but she found a kitten and is totally incoherent for all the baby talk right now.  This is Duchess.

So, I aged up outside of the party.  Humbug knew what time it'd happen so I wasn't alone.

I was, however... old.

I did my best with this lumpy, old lady body.  Here's my new everyday wear:

Formal:

Sleep:

At least I still have a hot, inexplicably young piece of arm candy, right?

I'm really liking Mona Lisa's current style of dramatic shadows on her portraits.  I can't wait to see what she does for mine.  Shadows ... you know.  Over the wrinkles.

It was time to buy and upgrade my properties.  I bought the equestrian center and renamed it "Freddie's Free Range," and purchased the cafe for a major overhaul.  I might have given it a hot air balloon ...

I put a somewhat family friendly area on the lower floor for parties and such.  I somehow, miraculously, drained our finances during this so it'll be finished up after our property allowances come in on Monday.  Upstairs is a dance area, bar, bubble bar and DJ booth and all manner of coolness.

I think that it was while I was doing this that I realized that all the noise and mystery going on in the house was construction.  Not just Allegra's museum room (which is looking great!)

But this mystery room I noticed after finally walking out into the house after aging up.  What on earth could be going on?

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Automobile
« Reply #402 on: February 23, 2013, 01:59:16 PM »
Opening a daycare center? That's one bit of Ambitions that I have never even tried! You are very brave if that is the case. :)

LOL poor Humberto. With a daughter that lovely I imagine he is in Overprotective Daddy Mode quite a bit.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #403 on: February 23, 2013, 02:25:15 PM »
WHAT?! Eureka's an elder?! How? When? What? Why? Who? What happened? *Frantically flips through story thread* This can't be happening . . . it's too soon! Too soon, I tell you! WHYYYYY!!!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #404 on: February 23, 2013, 04:28:50 PM »
But such a gorgeous elder! How do you get all your Immortals to still look like Adults? It's astounding! The father-daughter part with Humbug and Allegra was cute. They have a nice dynamic. I think it is  inexpressibly hilarious that he autonomously started teaching himself Martial Arts. So glad he didn't beat anyone with a wrench. Lol. Was she actually attracted to them? I didn't think that was possible! But Allegra doesn't care what the game codes say, she's gonna do her own thing anyway!
I just picture Humbug like this, "Homework! High School! Prom!" not even in complete sentences, haha. And Allegra looking all dismayed. "Daddy!" Eden is incoherent for baby talk. Well such a cute kitten, no wonder! Eureka really is a pretty elder, it's so cool. I hope my Immortals look that good! Her pyjamas are really pretty. Someone just got the Gold Edition of Aurora Skies! Envy is pouring from my every pore right now. The café looks really fun and very Allegra, although the black-and-white floors are still Eureka. Freddie's Free Range, awww. That is really sweet.
Finally, the daycare room. Best thing ever. I love it so much, and again I am so incredibly jealous. I can't wait to see Allegra dealing with all the nooboos! Of course she is a good generation for this, she has all the grannies to help her!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04