Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288246 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Flower Duet
« Reply #420 on: February 24, 2013, 07:13:36 PM »
When in doubt, talk to the ghost of your deceased great-grandma. :P

Humberto is going to have to let his little girl grow up SOMEtime though. I do hope that Allegra will be able to find someone in spite of her father's overprotectiveness.

A lovely chapter indeed. :)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #421 on: February 24, 2013, 08:38:16 PM »

Aw, what a sweet update! I love Allegra looking to all of her parents and grandparents for advice, but having to turn to Ophelia. It was really touching to see her and Mona Lisa again after all this time! Also, that's a great idea with the daycare center; I never knew it actually spawned more toddlers and teens to populate your town. Some times story progression needs you to give it a little kick in the rump to get back in the game, I suppose!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #422 on: February 24, 2013, 10:37:13 PM »
I am definitely going to remember that daycare trick! And here I thought it was going to be for Allegra...well, it's much better if it's just something for the grannies to do. It's not a good idea to try to max daycare for the first time as a dynasty requirement while also trying to supermax guitar. I thought it was so sweet that Allegra asked Ophelia for advice, and Ophelia's pleasure at having one of her descendants be an Immortal (although really, Eureka was already that, but Ophelia didn't know that. And Allegra looks just like Ophelia...) Her little scooter is so adorable!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #423 on: February 25, 2013, 06:25:54 PM »
What made you decide to write Humberto as an over-protective almost-lunatic? He seemed so quiet and easy-going when he was first introduced.
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #424 on: February 25, 2013, 07:52:17 PM »
My guess is, what happened is he had a precocious teenage daughter. That would turn any man into an over-protective almost-lunatic.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #425 on: February 26, 2013, 03:55:49 PM »
Little Allegra is almost grown up! When did this happen? And of course Ophelia would be the one to go to for advice - especially since Eden is preoccupied with her fur ball.
Was Allegra aware of what urn she pulled out, or was she just lucky? Can you imagine her taking advice from Freddie... *shudder*.

Not your most emotional and dramatic piece yet, but well up to your standards :)

Looking forward to more news from the Classic house manor.

~Emily

Haha!  Freddie's advice really could just go horribly, horribly wrong.  She picked Ophelia out deliberately.  I was between Ophelia and Eunice, and went with the former for nostalgic reasons.

Wow, Eden is dating Silvia? Wow . . . did not see that one coming! It's kind of sweet, though, because of Freddie and everything . . .

Allegra is wonderful! I'm sure she has a very busy social life!

I didn't either, actually, but remember Siliva was one of her best friends?  Well, she called her to hang out one night (after Eureka updated the cafe) and rolled a wish to kiss her.  I thought it was really sweet.

D'awwww.... I'm glad Mona Lisa and Ophelia got to see each other again.

I always loved the touching and realistic portrayal of Mona Lisa and Ophelia's friendship, so it's just tearjerking (in a happy way) to see Ophelia again.

Oh, and tell Allegra that she should totally go after that Beppe Bianchi.

I love the two of them too!  I actually felt a bit emotional when Mona Lisa came around the corner and popped that ecstatic thought bubble.  Maybe I'm just more tender toward friendships than toward romances, but I feel like the connection between them really overshadows most of the spousal relationships we've seen in this dynasty.

Regarding Beppe, for whatever reason he looks totally different in my game than he does in Marian's!  I have no explaination for this.  He's definitely an option though.

When in doubt, talk to the ghost of your deceased great-grandma. :P

Humberto is going to have to let his little girl grow up SOMEtime though. I do hope that Allegra will be able to find someone in spite of her father's overprotectiveness.

A lovely chapter indeed. :)

Ophelia is (was) a level-headed flirt.  After much deliberation, I decided she was most likely to give good advice save for maybe Carlotta, who just seems too far removed for Allegra to think of.  Humberto is feeling all manner of things he's never dealt with before, haha.  Poor man.

Aw, what a sweet update! I love Allegra looking to all of her parents and grandparents for advice, but having to turn to Ophelia. It was really touching to see her and Mona Lisa again after all this time! Also, that's a great idea with the daycare center; I never knew it actually spawned more toddlers and teens to populate your town. Some times story progression needs you to give it a little kick in the rump to get back in the game, I suppose!

My story progression is extra lazy. I mostly have empty houses in town or supernatural former original townies.  Hopefully the daycare boosts residents, though Wendy and Roldagio never get brought in by actual parents, so I have no idea who they live with or where they came from.  You can see in the photo they're obviously not the product of bee-hat woman and the long haired man.

I am definitely going to remember that daycare trick! And here I thought it was going to be for Allegra...well, it's much better if it's just something for the grannies to do. It's not a good idea to try to max daycare for the first time as a dynasty requirement while also trying to supermax guitar. I thought it was so sweet that Allegra asked Ophelia for advice, and Ophelia's pleasure at having one of her descendants be an Immortal (although really, Eureka was already that, but Ophelia didn't know that. And Allegra looks just like Ophelia...) Her little scooter is so adorable!

I saw it on the Stevie Wonder daycare center thing on the main site.  Mostly seems to be the children of NPCs and they spawn like a maid or butler would.  If nothing else, it'll provide some spousal options for my remaining two reproducing immortals (especially since Allegra's romantic options are still very much up in the air).

I considered having Ophelia meet Eureka too, but there really wasn't time to fit it all into one night and not lose kind of the stolen moment feeling of it all. Plus, you know there is the resemblence. 

What made you decide to write Humberto as an over-protective almost-lunatic? He seemed so quiet and easy-going when he was first introduced.

My guess is, what happened is he had a precocious teenage daughter. That would turn any man into an over-protective almost-lunatic.

Aw, so mean Hall!   :P  You owe me spousal suggestions!  Anyway, I don't much control Humberto and as I mentioned before he started teaching himself Sim Fu when Allegra was a child.  He was also NOT a fan of her chatting up adult men at Eureka's birthday party - I think.  He got the "guest behaving inappropriately" moodlet and asked one of the men she was talking to to leave.  So, while i probably missed something the guest did, it seemed to line up.  With her slumber party, he was playing wih the dog and blocked the doorway so all the teens gave up and went home.

Ultimately it's just dramatic license.  I like the idea of this mild mannered sort of guy (who, you'll notice isn't paranoid or protective of his wife) suddenly having to deal with this very outgoing, beautiful daughter who wears a miniskirt and half a fishnet shirt.  Like Rosa said, I think it's a pretty natural reaction and he'll mellow out when she settles down.

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #426 on: February 26, 2013, 11:15:42 PM »
Aw, so mean Hall!   :P  You owe me spousal suggestions!

Well you see, I asked about that before I actually saw the men in the town... Either they all just have unfortunate hair, or the supply of attractive males dried up after Humberto. Though you had a good point in "The Automobile"; Dante does have lovely eyes... But whether they would look as nice heavily blackened and bruised, I'm not sure.

Green Witch Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Moonlight Sonata
« Reply #427 on: February 27, 2013, 10:34:51 PM »
The full moon does crazy things to people.  I wonder if it's a coincidence that so many birthdays coincide with it...  Probably, I mean ... Rosetta says the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one.  But you can't deny that stuff gets weird when the moon goes full globe.

Gnome hate crimes notwithstanding, things start to get weird a bit beforehand.  In the nights leading up to the full moon, you have things like your rebellious tornado of a mother hating on herself after exploding the junkyard for the 5,000th time.

But hey, at least she got her supermax.  You also realize your home has a serious gnome problem.  It's like an infestation ...

Your Dad up and quits his job as an acrobat after developing a sudden, violent need to study alchemy.

And then the birthdays start.  First the dog:

Then dear old Dad

It was a pretty solid reminder that my young adult birthday is right around the corner, you know?  At midnight on the night of the full moon, in fact!  My parents seem a little bit more aware of passing time than usual too. 

Yeah, no one wants to see or hear about that.  Let's look at old man Humberto instead.  Look at those awesome genes I've got!

Granny has been a bit pushy about getting ready for adulthood.  It's no mystery what is on her mind.

For the most part, I am just trying to be carefree in my final days of teendom.  I'm getting pretty good at the smustle. 

What? 

I spent my last night as a teen (and also the last night of fall) playing for tips at the Fall Festival.  I made approximately nothing.

I spotted our cat, hanging out at the street market and acting unusually hostile, on the way home.  I tell you, it's the moon!

I avoided Granny, but I have started thinking about my duties as an immortal.  There's this picture of Eden up in her tower room of her gardening while heavily pregnant.  Sometimes I look at it and wonder if people will tip the pregnant guitarist ... or if I can even play the guitar over a giant baby bump.

These are serious concerns.

Anyway, no matter how much you want to hold it off, the full moon always arrives, and with it a bunch of weird, out-of-character nonsense.

Ewww!  Stop that.  So wrong.

Anyway, cake time came.  I felt the strong sensation I've felt since childhood: forum presence.  Hey there.  I still see you.

Mona Lisa thought a bathing suit was a good look for this occasion.  Granny went back to her old self.

I wished for the luck that would bring me enough opportunities for my supermax, so I wouldn't have to speed learn alchemy against the ticking clock as an adult.

Dad looked so intense during this.  He kind of teared up a little.  I think he finally realizes I'm growing up. 

He was what I focused on while the sparkles came.  After all, he's the only relative in this room that's finite. 

And then the inevitable happened and I saw swirling lights.

Shockingly I didn't age up with The Hair or in ugly clothes.

But you know me, I'm all about my own fashion statement.  So I rushed to the wardrobe.  First to update my hair and apply my first-ever make up!

That's right.  Adult Allegra.  How exciting!  I started working on my wardrobe next, but you know, all of my creativity tends to cause crashes.  So I've blacked out and will likely come to back at the cake right before my sparkles come. 

Just for the sake of curiosity, here's my first attempt at an every day outfit.  The full moon, man.  I tell you.  It makes strange things happen.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Moonlight Sonata
« Reply #428 on: February 27, 2013, 10:41:24 PM »
Oh, Allegra is gorgeous! Sigh . . . between the Dojos ending and the Classics drawing close to the finish, I don't know what I'll do!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
« Reply #429 on: February 28, 2013, 02:00:52 AM »
Hmph. Apparently cheering for a fictional characters is "weird" and speculating about the next generation of a Sims family is "unhealthy".
So note to self: do not read the Classic Dynasty in public, or your friends will brand you "that nutcase Li".

Please tell me other people get strongly attached to certain Sims, okay? I need to feel sane.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #430 on: February 28, 2013, 02:17:35 AM »
Hmph. Apparently cheering for a fictional characters is "weird" and speculating about the next generation of a Sims family is "unhealthy".
So note to self: do not read the Classic Dynasty in public, or your friends will brand you "that nutcase Elise".

Please tell me other people get strongly attached to certain Sims, okay? I need to feel sane.

Join us, you know you want to.  ;D

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #431 on: February 28, 2013, 09:44:45 AM »
This was a great update! Allegra is so beautiful. I love her hair, what is it?

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #432 on: February 28, 2013, 10:20:45 AM »
This was a great update! Allegra is so beautiful. I love her hair, what is it?

Do believe it came with Aurora Skies.  She is really beautiful.  I'm so happy with how she's turned out :)
Oh, Allegra is gorgeous! Sigh . . . between the Dojos ending and the Classics drawing close to the finish, I don't know what I'll do!

Haha, well, full disclosure, I've already created a founder for a lifestates dynasty

So note to self: do not read the Classic Dynasty in public, or your friends will brand you "that nutcase Elise".

Well, now you have to share your speculations!  I am super unhealthily attached to my Sims and some Sims from other stories (Everette Dojo is a good example).

Join us, you know you want to.  ;D

I'm gonna need to join this too.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #433 on: March 01, 2013, 12:04:39 AM »

I can totally vouch for getting attached to other stories. There are several stories on this forum (the Classics definitely being one of them!) that I get, like, way too excited when I see an update from! Alchemy is certainly a good back up; it's super easy. Still, I'm curious to see about the music opps, since I never tried that angle. Allegra really is quite gorgeous; I love her coloring!

Offline Phantome-A

• Comic Immortal Dynasty
  • Townie
  • Sims-life where is the line?
« Reply #434 on: March 02, 2013, 07:27:02 AM »
Oh no...I've spent the last two weeks reading this in bits and pieces and now I have to wait. This feels unnatural. But it is safe to say I LOVE IT, EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS I JUST LOVE. Yeah that pretty much sums it up  ;)

anything