Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941740 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #435 on: September 02, 2010, 03:02:32 PM »

@Pam, very well said advice. There's no single "right" way to approach this monster of a challenge.

"Monster of a challenge"?  I beg to differ, sir.  This is FUN, FUN, FUN.  Dry run is up and running, and like Pam, no extreme plotting ahead for me.  The Lee family, Hansum is the founder, (get it? handsomely), has a decent house, a spouse and the first portrait.  Hansum will start his job at the science thingie on Monday while Agnes paints away.  (Wooing Agnes was NOT all that easy, lol).  So, don't be afraid of giving it a shot.  Just relax and do what you do best which is enjoy playing Sims3.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #436 on: September 02, 2010, 03:22:06 PM »
You are right about planning.  I just dove in head or feet, whichever, and I have found it to be alot better.  I write down, what I have already done and then what the next immortal is going to do.  I am concentrating now on the firstborn twin, which is the immortal and what she is going to do and when she ages up to youth, then she will start fishing and probably will be almost ready for deathfish when her dad is ready for ambrosia, so pretty much just started and so far so good.  Good luck and just have fun.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #437 on: September 02, 2010, 03:43:04 PM »
I have a question about mastering a self-employed career track.  My 2nd immortal just reached level 10 in the sculpting career, which is supposedly the top level.  However, she has an amount listed to promotion (around $60000, which isn't exactly a small task).  To master a self-employed career, is it enough to reach level 10, or does one need to sell the extra amount needed to reach the last "promotion"?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #438 on: September 02, 2010, 04:22:12 PM »
To master a self-employed career, is it enough to reach level 10, or does one need to sell the extra amount needed to reach the last "promotion"?

Hitting level 10 is all you're required to do.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #439 on: September 02, 2010, 05:16:15 PM »
Thank goodness!  Thanks :)

Offline Storyteller

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a story. How you tell it matters.
« Reply #440 on: September 02, 2010, 05:41:27 PM »
I am angry.  For some reason, none of my Sims in my legacy game can paint portraits.  You tell them to paint a portrait, the screen comes up and you take the shot, then the Sim just stands there like you haven't given them anything to do.  AAARRRGGGHHH. >:(

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #441 on: September 02, 2010, 05:52:06 PM »
I am angry.  For some reason, none of my Sims in my legacy game can paint portraits.  You tell them to paint a portrait, the screen comes up and you take the shot, then the Sim just stands there like you haven't given them anything to do.  AAARRRGGGHHH. >:(

Are you talking about a bonafide "Legacy" game or are you indeed referring to this Dynasty Challenge? I have not heard of a portrait cue being cancelled. My only suggestion is to restart your computer to see if that clears up the glitch and maybe move the easel to a different location. Make sure there is plenty of open space around it for the painter and subject.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Tikki

« Reply #442 on: September 02, 2010, 06:36:32 PM »
Well here we go;

My Dynasty is going well. My founder has almost reached the immortal state, all she needs is her friends to show her some support (6 best friends). She had 1 man that died, and then another one that just reached the elder state. 2nd generation has reached young adult. they got another child wich so far reached teenager state ;)

the Twinbrook Dynasty is going great! (ignore spell errors, I'm on my iphone ;))

Tikki

« Reply #443 on: September 02, 2010, 06:41:32 PM »
PS. I Got a question. Immortal 1 Got 10 cooking with challenges completed. He also Got 10 gardening but without challenges. Are immortal 2 allowed to have gardening A's his supermax skill?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #444 on: September 02, 2010, 06:50:41 PM »
PS. I Got a question. Immortal 1 Got 10 cooking with challenges completed. He also Got 10 gardening but without challenges. Are immortal 2 allowed to have gardening A's his supermax skill?

No because immortal #1 already maxed it. Any SuperMax skill has to be unique to an immortal — that means no other immortal has maxed it. They can push it to 9, but not max it. Maxing it has to be reserved for the SuperMax immortal.

Tikki

« Reply #445 on: September 02, 2010, 06:57:40 PM »
Okay, thanks for answering ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #446 on: September 02, 2010, 08:53:32 PM »

This happened to me, too.  Restarting fixed it for me.  I can't remember now if I restarted my computer or just the game.  Maybe restart your computer just to be sure.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #447 on: September 02, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »
This just happened to me as well - I started a thread on it in Miscellaneous help.  I exited the game and am hoping when I go back that the problem will be gone.  Haven't had the courage to try yet.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #448 on: September 02, 2010, 11:32:13 PM »
Arghh, my dynasty has come to an end already! Here I was worried that Jackson was aging up to elder still with a number of things to do. It was going to be tight, but I thought if he retired as soon as he became an elder, we might just make it. Anyway, I was moving the selected portrait and sculpture of him as an adult to the museum when I realized I had a sculpture of Michael as a toddler but no portrait and he had just aged up to child  :'(
Guess it's back to square one. I'm going to try again with Jackson (and probably Holly) because I'm quite fond of him.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #449 on: September 02, 2010, 11:40:34 PM »
Tough break, Norma. :( It's quite a juggling act to keep everything straight and remember everything that has to be done, I know.

anything