Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707581 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1140 on: May 27, 2015, 04:58:33 AM »
@officialghosts If he shows up in the relationship bar I don't see why not. We got approval for the teddy bears etc so can a Mod confirm please?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1141 on: May 27, 2015, 05:12:46 AM »
Apologies if this has been asked before, but for our one of our unique BFFs, are we allowed to use, say, the Grim Reaper?  ::)

Yep, that is fine.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #1142 on: May 27, 2015, 08:36:27 AM »
Thank you Nettlejuice and Metro! Just making sure, didn't want to find out all my efforts had been for nothing later because of one little thing.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #1143 on: May 27, 2015, 02:22:29 PM »
Oh, yeah, about the Reaper...

This is not really relevant to an Immortal Dynasty, but forget about having babies with the Grim Reaper. He cannot be WooHooed because he won't unlock any romantic options beyond the basic ones, even if you make him your Sim's soulmate by maxing out the romantic relationship bar! I've tried to get him to have WooHoo but he won't have it.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1144 on: May 27, 2015, 08:46:19 PM »
If one of my heir's want to make mixology drinks his museum items... and he needs a death flower for the drink. Does he...

1. have to create a death flower plant from scratch by splicing etc or...

2. harvest a death flower from the dynasty garden, plant it and evolve it?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1145 on: May 27, 2015, 09:30:54 PM »
If one of my heir's want to make mixology drinks his museum items... and he needs a death flower for the drink. Does he...

1. have to create a death flower plant from scratch by splicing etc or...

2. harvest a death flower from the dynasty garden, plant it and evolve it?

#2 is okay. He still is "doing the work" because he had the level up mixology to unlock those recipes - that's the main thing.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1146 on: May 27, 2015, 09:34:00 PM »
Thanks for the super quick reply!  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1147 on: May 27, 2015, 10:44:15 PM »
I don't get it.  I just don't get it!!  I've been reading all the dynasty stories and I just don't get how you have enough time to do all the different things you guys do, especially Playsalot.  Shheez.  You go on vacations, play with your kids, get them to skill up ALL the aspirations, have intricate, (and sometimes frustrating as in Doctor), careers and manage to make it on and on in your dynasties AND manage to do fabulous screenshots and tell really great stories.  How do you guys do it?  I can't begin to tell you how many tries this current one is but all I see at the moment is it's doggone boring!  Get up, pee, eat, go to work, come home, pee, eat, whoo hoo, sleep and if you're lucky there is time to do some skilling.  Ok, last one was definitely my fault.  I got him to work late so he aged out before he maxed his career although everything else was complete. (SIGH)  This one is a cook, again, goes to work on time, does all the things she should but only one promotion so far, (started at level 3).  Worst of all is the parties.  I hate parties!!  IRL as well as Sims.  Yet you guys are able to manage three in a row on the same day whilst I pull my hair out and sweat bullets with one.  Color me orange for tense.  lol  Ok, now that I've vented I'm maybe green for Happy but I really would love to know how you all manage it so well.  Kudos to you, one and all, and to me for being so stubbornly determined to eventually succeed.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #1148 on: May 28, 2015, 12:15:42 AM »
@Joria I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with the dynasty. Finishing up the first generation myself, I know it can be a crazy ride.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would say the key to my success is the absolutely insane amount of micromanaging I do. I pause my game pretty much every 10 seconds to run through all of my sims, check their needs, make sure they're staying on task, take screenshots, etc. Then I press play, wait a few seconds, and do it all over again. Honestly most of my time playing is probably spent paused, considering my next move. It makes for incredibly slow going, but it definitely makes the house a lot more productive due to the lack of hang time between their actions.

If you haven't already, I would suggest looking at the threads for some of this year's tournament challenges. A lot of super great simmers have posted their strategies there, and while they may not all be completely applicable to an immortal dynasty I feel I've learned a lot about what makes the game tick from reading through them.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1149 on: May 28, 2015, 03:06:01 AM »
@Joria , I'm not sure if it's ok to post a huge long post here but I'll PM you if you like with some of what I do. I guess the main thing I do is use items from careers and skills that make things easier on the sim. e.g. moodlet solver is a shared reward for all sims. It tops up all the needs in one sip so that sims can basically go go go 24/7. An energized sim's energy depletes a lot slower too. I also use the older immortals as 'slaves' for the current heirs that are working on their skills/careers etc
Also those trips out of the dynasty house are mostly for fishing... Most sims will be fishing hard out for angelfish while I use the other one for screenshots and a 'story' idea for a chapter. The chapters where it looks like my sims have gone to hang out at Granite Falls for fun.... aren't really like that in game. They will be skilling up or collecting items/insects they need and the actually screenshots will only take up a very short amount of game time.  Sometimes I just take my sims there for about 1 sim hour and just snap a lot of screenshots that I put together as a story when really nothing happened apart from them being there, running around and then go straight home!

During parties I guess it's just about sitting on the pause button and using MY sims to get the requirements done asap. I know a few tricks that help, for example for three sims playing a game I just use three of my sims playing blicblok on their tablets. It takes seconds and as soon as the requirement ticks off I quit them playing and they all move on to doing the next requirement.

I am very willing to share what I do. But you know, I haven't made it through a complete dynasty either! They are hard!  :)

About careers, I always have my teen sims max out the skills they will need for their career and buy them the 'connections' reward so that they start at L4. I also have them max charisma so they can use the 'negotiate for bonus' interaction to help them level up. If a sim hasn't maxed charisma by the time they are a YA I buy them the "great kisser' reward (which is a shared reward) and then find some random sim and they spend the day kissing their way to L10 Charisma before their first day at work.

The older sims mentor the younger ones where possible so my founder maxed guitar once he was immortal because I knew that I wanted gen 4 to have guitar as a skill and for the musical genius aspiration... that way my founder could mentor gen 4 and so the skilling happened a lot quicker.

So, umm, there's some of what I do anyway.  :)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #1150 on: May 28, 2015, 06:58:58 AM »
@Joria Sorry you are having some trouble. Hey, it's my third time and some things are still not perfect, lol. I know you completed the challenge with TS3 so use some of your knowledge from that, it's totally different but my play style with dynasties has not changed.

Plan the shared rewards and aspirations beforehand otherwise you may run into all sorts of problems that you'll regret later. Things like Connections, Moodlet Solvers. I personally prefer to have Potion Of Youth for spares until my Ambrosia making hier is able to purchase them.

Play the game at the slowest speed and micromanage, like what others have said, it can get boring but you'll be able to keep track of everything and also get those screenshots in. I like taking five-ten screenshots of the same thing and from all kinds of angles. There are times when it takes me a couple of hours to play just one Sim day, and if you want some particular shots you can go to an earlier save to do that non-officially which I have for story purposes.

I give my painter spare the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration because that easily accomplishable at higher levels and with the right reward traits - Marketable, Creative Visionary etc. Pollinators are given Serial Romantic and later Soulmate, all heirs are given Soulmate too. If you move in a rich family or once you have the funds always, always have Mansion Baron shared too.

I find the flirty whims are the easiest to complete. Lock them in asap, use the mood lights and paintings - my bedrooms have a couple of them and you can farm points easily with two Sims at the same time. There's no rule to say you can't remove the bedroom door so others don't butt into the conversation and your farmers can't leave. Make sure their needs are fulfilled though, the best time to do this is if everyone else is sleeping, at work or skilling.

As for parties, yeah I still struggle even with potions and needs fulfilled, lol. Dates and weddings are my favourites to do simply because they are very easy to complete. For birthdays I just have my household Sims invited that way everything can get done at a stress free pace.

If you want to make fishing easier for yourself then I suggest you move to Willow Creek, you've got several spots right next to you without changing screens and you can manage everyone.

I have not been to Granite Falls until my gen two reached teenhood and she and her helper spent two days fishing and getting part of her aspiration done. My founder and the first gen spares had completed everything so there was no need to worry about them.

Remember there are plenty of SP, EP and GP coming our way in future so play at your own pace. I started my new dynasty at the end of April and a month later I'm  still only on my gen two, and my founder has eaten Ambrosia so I really have only two Sims to play right now - the spares get most of my attention when gen two is at school so that's plenty of time to get whims and money pouring in.

Hope that made sense and helps you in any way.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline iiHana

• Nooboo
« Reply #1151 on: May 28, 2015, 10:02:44 AM »
Hi, I'm new to this challenge and one thing that I don't understand is does it matter when a founder/heir eat the ambrosia, provided they have met the requirements?
Or do I have to wait until they are elders or something?

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #1152 on: May 28, 2015, 10:19:06 AM »
Hello, iiHana, and welcome to the forum! You have to wait until elderhood for sims to eat ambrosia, even if they complete their requirements beforehand.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #1153 on: May 28, 2015, 01:27:48 PM »
You guys are the best ever! So basically what you are all saying is it IS boring, lol!  Apparently my vaunted patience was being tasked hard.  I thank you for the tips about things like use of Moodlet Solver and more.  Would you believe I never considered using that?  I guess I should have asked, do you all plan the game out ahead of time, like what each gen will do for careers, skills, and more and do you plan your story line out ahead of time or just work it in as the game develops?  I think in my case one problem is losing focus and the other is losing patience, as well as not really knowing how to actually "play" Sims.  My forte has always been building, not playing, and it's taken me this long since launch to actually begin to enjoy doing that!

The Guide is really valuable in many ways but really it is lacking in some of the tips that could make things so much easier.  For instance, oshizu told me about the crazy and flashy outfit that can turn your polinator into a babe machine.  Prior to that I'd spend many Sim hours getting the girl to want to try for baby.  Now it's a matter of "Hello, nice to meet you, wanna have a baby for me?" lol  Do we have a tips section as we did for TS3?

You've cheered me up immensly and strengthened my resolve.  Thank you so much!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #1154 on: May 28, 2015, 02:36:47 PM »

anything